Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Division

Options
  • 09-10-2013 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭

Seen the Watch Dogs thread starting to become a bit of a "The Division" thread. Anyway, this game looks really interesting, one to watch out for...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

There was a thread started about this game in June when it was shown at E3 in the Ubi conference, alot of interest in it here on boards, don't know where its got to. The game is still a good year off but looks great at this stage already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

game looks great considering its a whole year away
    just hope the graphics dont get worse as that is one of the big attractions to the game
    looks fantasic :) one to keep an eye on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

There was a thread started about this game in June when it was shown at E3 in the Ubi conference, alot of interest in it here on boards, don't know where its got to. The game is still a good year off but looks great at this stage already.

Yeah had a look for one but couldn't see it.
    2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    game looks great considering its a whole year away
    just hope the graphics dont get worse as that is one of the big attractions to the game
    looks fantasic :) one to keep an eye on

Yeah have to say graphics are now jumping up a notch with next gen, current gen even seemed to hold back PC gaming a little.

I love the bullet holes in the car windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

New video, highlighting the rather exciting looking Snowdrop engine that's behind the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

that first video was that voice acting or where the three teammates players?

looks pretty cool all the same

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

that first video was that voice acting or where the three teammates players?

Both I would guess i.e. actors pretending to be three teammates playing. Anyway, game looks great, hopefully a taste of what we can be expecting from the upcoming generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I would not put much hopes in it really looking like that in the end product. It looks fantfastic , but I doubt even pc version will be looking so damn good. It will be downgraded pretty fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Can't see it looking like that either, maybe at 30fps with not much going on the screen at any one time

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I would not put much hopes in it really looking like that in the end product. It looks fantfastic , but I doubt even pc version will be looking so damn good. It will be downgraded pretty fast.

Just remember Ubisoft showcased Watch Dogs the same way and now it doesn't look half as good as it did.

Just remember Ubisoft showcased Watch Dogs the same way and now it doesn't look half as good as it did.

This is the gaming world we live in. Almost every single game these days go on a pul**** pre release campaign. Even if you compare GTA trailers and actual game you will see so much stuff being taken out. The density and detail of world is a lot less then trailers showed.
    Of course Colonial Marines was the biggest example of it, but all games do this in one or another form now.

So yeah, it looks awesome, but people should already be realistic, its bull**** to make you hyped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Delighted there are some RPG and survival elements to it. Makes it much more enjoyable imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

It's more than likely just lip service, but an article on Eurogamer says Massive are claiming they're going to make the PC version of The Division the best it can be, ie not just another console port.
    "You can be sure that our PC version won't be a port, but a full-fledged, optimised version," the Swedish studio said. "We want to create the best game possible regardless of what platform you play on."

Yeah, we'll see.

Finally a new video :)
    basicly showing off the snowdrop engine and talking a little about it :)

Graphics look beautiful and if it looks even half as good as that on console I'll be very happy :D

Seems too be elements of stealth in the game so its not all action :P which is cool

http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/498-The-Division?

If anyone knows how to imbed the video work away :D

Knowing it ubisoft. - Bull**** production at its best.

Knowing it ubisoft. - Bull**** production at its best.

watch the lasted video of watch dogs
    graphics look alot better then what was shown in its previous trailer
    apparently its on the ps4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Finally a new video :)
    basicly showing off the snowdrop engine and talking a little about it :)

Graphics look beautiful and if it looks even half as good as that on console I'll be very happy :D

Seems too be elements of stealth in the game so its not all action :P which is cool

http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/498-The-Division?

If anyone knows how to imbed the video work away :D

Looks good, but as with the new Assassins Creed video, I am sceptical that it will look that good when it's released, Watch_Dogs has been eye opening in that regard.

To embed a youtube video, go to the video on youtube and copy the text after the "equals" symbol.

In the case of this video, the address will is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrAD-2oAul8

so you'll need to copy this part:

JrAD-2oAul8

Then, when you are posting on boards, simply press the youtube button, and paste the text between the tags.

It'll look like this, but without the asterisk:

watch the lasted video of watch dogs
    graphics look alot better then what was shown in its previous trailer
    apparently its on the ps4

Theres your problem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The engine looks great, and hopefully they can actually have it look like that (or similar) once it's released.

Theres your problem.

not my problem , your the graphic whore here :pac:

• Advertisement

not my problem , your the graphic whore here :pac:

Being a graphic whore, and just being tired of bull**** production are two different things, but yes, I do like shiny stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I've learned to pretty much ignore E3 trailers from a graphics perspective.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The delay to 2015 has been confirmed.

See here.

Hopefully it doesn't get a Watch_Dogs style downgrade at the same time.

I really feel as if the two consoles came out a year earlier than they should have, the supply of good games has been terrible.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'd say that's been largely affected by all this faffing around with Watch_Dogs. Some poor unfortunate tech team leaders are probably being told that their only focus for the next 6 months is to get Snowdrop consistently delivering 1080/60 experience after some poor unfortunate tech project managers are after getting a bollocking from the suits in marketing about how they have caused this problem because they couldn't deliver on what marketing promised the world :pac:

As I said of Watch_Dogs, I would much rather see a company delay a game than release a broken mess. If The Division is to be as all encompassing an open world as they're hinting, the technical challenges are massive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

They are now saying things like it won't meet a 2015 release , Ubisoft announced the 2014 date without consulting them , muiltiplayer not working at the concept stage, don't have a working game yet etc etc

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/123004/Massive+don%27t+want+to+"do+a+Battlefield+4"+with+The+Division/

Wow sounds like a real mess , which is a shame. I think the most alarming thing about it is them saying the multiplayer is failing at the concept stage, if they can't come up with a good idea then don't tac on multiplayer, but given what it's likely costing them now to develop dropping MP is not an option if they want to tap into post release DLC money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

calex71 wrote: »
    Wow sounds like a real mess , which is a shame. I think the most alarming thing about it is them saying the multiplayer is failing at the concept stage, if they can't come up with a good idea then don't tac on multiplayer, but given what it's likely costing them now to develop dropping MP is not an option if they want to tap into post release DLC money.
    It's impossible to tell what they're doing obviously but, in terms of online-functionality, the game and setting seems perfect for it. The setup they had during the previous footage looked pretty great, with plenty of opportunities for co-operative action. Trying to tack competitive multiplayer onto it on the other hand, that's just a fools errand. :(

calex71 wrote: »
    They are now saying things like it won't meet a 2015 release , Ubisoft announced the 2014 date without consulting them , muiltiplayer not working at the concept stage, don't have a working game yet etc etc

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/123004/Massive+don%27t+want+to+"do+a+Battlefield+4"+with+The+Division/

if the multiplayer drops, I can see this game flopping
    alot of people are looking at this game for coop gameplay with their friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Oh dear, this is disappointing - one of the few upcoming titles I was genuinely excited for.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://kotaku.com/five-minutes-of-the-divisions-snazzy-multiplayer-1588144901

Looks decent but they fighting Ai and the "gamers" are clearly actors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

DLC available :rolleyes:

XUPMxoa.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement