Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Master Socket faceplate and faster broadband

Options
  • 09-10-2013 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    am currently with Sky broadband and seeing speeds of less than 2Mb on the connection.  Modem reports downlink speed of 7.6Mb or above.
    When I remove faceplate on master socket the Modem reports speed of 10Mb+ and my speed tests show 5Mb.  I read that removing faceplate isolates internal wiring in the house.
    Is this due to poor cabling within the house ?
    My other phone socket installed by eircom (2000) still works when faceplate removed on master socket.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

paulbn55 wrote: »
    Hi,
    am currently with Sky broadband and seeing speeds of less than 2Mb on the connection.  Modem reports downlink speed of 7.6Mb or above.
    When I remove faceplate on master socket the Modem reports speed of 10Mb+ and my speed tests show 5Mb.  I read that removing faceplate isolates internal wiring in the house.
    Is this due to poor cabling within the house ?
    My other phone socket installed by eircom (2000) still works when faceplate removed on master socket.
    HI paulbn55

I have heard that removing the faceplate does improve speeds but I can't guarantee or confirm this. In most cases this does isolate internal wiring but it all depends on the internal wiring you have and the quality of the wiring.

Unfortunately I'm unable to offer more on this as it's not eircom broadband. Best advice I can offer is to contact sky broadband support and discuss this further.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement