Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Broadband Provider

• 09-10-2013 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

Felt the need to type this to warn people from making the mistake I did:

Three broadband may seem like a reasonable service at a reasonable price for some people but DO NOT GO WITH THEM

Here are my reasons:
    1. Coverage is not as advertised, it's the slowest connection you will come across
    2. If you ring them to compain about it, you are calling an Indian office, and so begins communication breakdown
    3. Once of their suggestions was to place my router in the South-East of the house, it was already in the south of the house so according to them moving it two feet would instantly improve my service (obviously it didn't)
    4. Constantly ringing me to get me to move my mobile service to them, despite asking them not to
    5. Have since cancelled the direct debit, I've been getting phonecalls twice a day to get the payment, I advised I wanted to cancel, they suggested for me to cancel it with them I need to make a payment which makes no sense whatsoever.
    I know I should have consulted here before going with them, but I have learnt my lesson and have since posted asking people for a good provider - For anyone even considering Three, please stay away from them.

If I influence one person that is enough for me.

Gunnersaurus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

1. Its Midband, not broadband. 3G is only ever for light usage.
    2. You bought it without testing, good job. Always check a networks coverage in your area before getting into bed with them. I get 10-12mb from 3 in my back garden but 3-4mb while in Dublin city centre. It all depends where the mast is in relation to you.
    3. Three CS sucks big time, but thats where the savings come from. O2 cant offer me unlimited data as they pay their staff 2x+ what three do. Thats how it goes, you get what you pay for here.

Theyll want the last 30days paid before they let you off, same as any other provider really, if you dont want harassment just pay them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭dazdrog

ED E wrote: »
    1. Its Midband, not broadband. 3G is only ever for light usage.
    2. You bought it without testing, good job. Always check a networks coverage in your area before getting into bed with them. I get 10-12mb from 3 in my back garden but 3-4mb while in Dublin city centre. It all depends where the mast is in relation to you.
    3. Three CS sucks big time, but thats where the savings come from. O2 cant offer me unlimited data as they pay their staff 2x+ what three do. Thats how it goes, you get what you pay for here.

Theyll want the last 30days paid before they let you off, same as any other provider really, if you dont want harassment just pay them.

do 3 not require you to pay the reminder of your 12-24month contract, as i know for a fact they tried that game with me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

dazdrog wrote: »
    do 3 not require you to pay the reminder of your 12-24month contract, as i know for a fact they tried that game with me

I was assuming 30 day rolling. If he signed a contract he owes them the rest.

Advertisement