Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Credit Card

Options
  • 09-10-2013 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Hi,

Today I received a new credit card due to the affinity card system closing. I have a few questions regarding to this..

1. Is my PIN still the same on the new card?
    2. What happens my balance on the old card is it automatically transferred over?
    3. Should I dispose of the affinity card now?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi stuba,

Thanks for contacting us on boards.ie.

The PIN remains the same as your previous Affinity card and the balance will automatically be transferred onto the new credit card account. You can now destroy the old card. 

If you view your credit card online, you will need to update the new card number with Banking365. This can be done by calling 0818 365 365 or 00353 1 4044000 or through Online Service Desk by selecting Add your BOI Account as the query type.

Any credits or debits that were set up on the Affinity card will be transferred over to the new credit card.

Hope this helps but if you should have further questions, please feel free to ask.
    Tara

Advertisement