Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA application rejected. Help?!

Options
  • 09-10-2013 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I applied for the BTEA and it was approved but then I got another letter saying my application was unsuccessful because I didn't turn 21 until 13 days after my course started and that the approval letter was 'issued in error'. Is there any way I get them to make an exception as I'm 21 now and will have to drop out of college if I cannot get the BTEA? Someone suggested that I ask my local TD to see if they can help me out in the situation but I don't think that will make much of a difference. If anyone knows a bit more about this I would appreciate your input.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Barbra92 wrote: »
    I applied for the BTEA and it was approved but then I got another letter saying my application was unsuccessful because I didn't turn 21 until 13 days after my course started and that the approval letter was 'issued in error'. Is there any way I get them to make an exception as I'm 21 now and will have to drop out of college if I cannot get the BTEA? Someone suggested that I ask my local TD to see if they can help me out in the situation but I don't think that will make much of a difference. If anyone knows a bit more about this I would appreciate your input.

You might be able to fight your case since you took action based on the letter they sent, but the rules of approval are clearly stated online, and they will probably counter-argue that you knew you would not be eligible and should not have applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Barbra92 wrote: »

You can ask for a review of the decision and then go through the process of complaining to the ombudsman maybe but your jobseekers payment is likely to be cut off if you stay in education

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement