Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will eircom ever get their act together or would i be better moving to a different br

Options
  • 09-10-2013 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Have to type quickly otherwise connection is gone .has been like this for about three weeks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

bido wrote: »
    Have to type quickly otherwise connection is gone .has been like this for about three weeks.
    HI bido

Have you contacted broadband technical support for technical assistance with this yet? They can be contacted on 1890260260.

If you would like to PM me your account details I'll look into this and do my best to help.

Thanks

Al

Hi Bido

I can there is a case logged on this issue (reference 11933831)

This has been assigned to a technical crew (line technician) and should be resolved within the next 24 hours.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Hi Bido

This has been assigned to a technical crew (line technician) and should be resolved within the next 24 hours.

Thanks

Al
    Line technician arrived today spent a lot of thie fixing the problem. This evening still the same problem.Why do I have to pay for this rubbish service. I am not paying the latest bill cut it off or leave it on makes no difference .

Hi Bido

Thanks

Al
    Line technician arrived today spent a lot of thie fixing the problem. This evening still the same problem.Why do I have to pay for this rubbish service. I am not paying the latest bill cut it off or leave it on makes no difference .
    Hi bido

I've tested the line again and I can see that the issue with the line is indeed resolved however there does seem to be some existant interference (which can be easily resolved).

It's usually the way the modem and phone are connected or possible faulty equipment.

Please run a speed test to establish what speed you’re running at and then plug the modem directly to your socket (eliminating any phone connection) and run the same test.

If the speed improves whilst the modem is plugged directly to the socket then that shows the issues are a result of the current set up you have.

To ensure an accurate set up and eradicate interference please try this link for further advice on connecting your equipment accordingly to eliminate interference: http://bit.ly/PIBDSK

If the advice provided in the link I added does not help please contact eircom broadband technical support on 1890260260 (option 0).

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Hi Bido

Thanks

Al
    Hi bido

I've tested the line again and I can see that the issue with the line is indeed resolved however there does seem to be some existant interference (which can be easily resolved).

It's usually the way the modem and phone are connected or possible faulty equipment.

Please run a speed test to establish what speed you’re running at and then plug the modem directly to your socket (eliminating any phone connection) and run the same test.

If the speed improves whilst the modem is plugged directly to the socket then that shows the issues are a result of the current set up you have.

To ensure an accurate set up and eradicate interference please try this link for further advice on connecting your equipment accordingly to eliminate interference: http://bit.ly/PIBDSK

If the advice provided in the link I added does not help please contact eircom broadband technical support on 1890260260 (option 0).

Thanks

Al
    All that was tried yesterday by eircom engineer still not working .What sort of a company wants money for this sort of service?

• Advertisement

Hi Bido

Thanks

Al
    Hi bido

Thanks

Al
    All that was tried yesterday by eircom engineer still not working .What sort of a company wants money for this sort of service?
    Hi bido

I appreciate that this can cause alot of inconvenience and creat frustration however I'm unable to offer a resolution from here and the best advice I can offer is to contact eircom broadband sales on 1890260260.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement