Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

moving to Bray and surrounds

• 09-10-2013 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi all I know plenty of old posts on Bray in the forum but would like some up to date info.
    Anyone live around Herbert Rd, Seapoint Rd, Raheen Park, Galtrim? If so would you recommend it? Bray has some fabulous period houses in these areas but we don't know the area at all. Would the area around the football ground (Seymour Terrace) be busy with traffic on match days? Lots of tourists in the summer?
    Are there many wandering the streets on a wkend night from the nearby pubs?
    Would really love one of the amazing houses around there but need some insider info please
    Cheers RTT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Hey, I've lived in the areas you mention most of my life.

You get the odd idiot making noise on Friday or Saturday nights after the pubs and clubs close but nothing too bad ever.

The traffic might get busy for a big game but that'll only be trying to get out of Bray when the game ends and really it rarely is that busy. Most games are poorly attended.

The only time during the summer that the traffic will be hectic would be when the airshow is on.

It really is a great place to live - you're right beside the seafront, close to the town and close to the DART station and all the good coffee shops.

Do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I've been living in Bray since June of this year so I can't comment a whole lot. I live in a quiet estate near Main Street and the only thing I can see that would cause complaints is the traffic. Not including the current road works, but traffic in and out of Bray (northbound anyway) is atrocious. There is a bottleneck that lasts all the way from Superquinn to the M11 Roundabout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I've been living in Bray since June of this year so I can't comment a whole lot. I live in a quiet estate near Main Street and the only thing I can see that would cause complaints is the traffic. Not including the current road works, but traffic in and out of Bray (northbound anyway) is atrocious. There is a bottleneck that lasts all the way from Superquinn to the M11 Roundabout.

Just on this point I think a lot of people forget that you can turn left there at costcutters and get on the n11 that way. Practically no traffic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭RumTumTiger

Hi all thanks for the feedback. Going to see some places over the wkend and a mooch around the town so fingers crossed! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

Yep, lovely area there seapoint road and seymour road. dont worry about traffic or hooligans. Raheen is also lovely, up there on bray head, firther away from shops and main street though. actually i thinkthats a different raheen road in bray sorry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement