Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming a domain name??

Options
  • 09-10-2013 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

l1j89m.gif[font=Verdana,sans-serif]Hi, 
    l1j89m.gifI am trying to transfer a domain to my hosting account and I asked for the owner to send the authorization codes. He said fine but was told I have to claim it and request it for my server?? 
    l1j89m.gifWhat does that mean?[/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

lmahoney79 wrote: »
    l1j89m.gif[font=Verdana,sans-serif]Hi, 
    l1j89m.gifI am trying to transfer a domain to my hosting account and I asked for the owner to send the authorization codes. He said fine but was told I have to claim it and request it for my server?? 
    l1j89m.gifWhat does that mean?[/font]
    I'd recommend you contact our helpdesk with more details and they should be able to advise.

It sounds like you're trying to move a domain to us as a registrar as well as changing the control of the domain from someone else to yourself, but it's not 100% clear

Advertisement