Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do I gurgle?

Options
  • 09-10-2013 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all.
    I've been smoking for about 37 years or so and wanted to at least cut down to a few a day so I have been skulking around here for a week or so now checking things out before I took the plunge. I had no idea this was a lifestyle thing too lol :cool: Eventually I just plumped for what seemed like the simplest effective setup as a trial run. Today my EGO CE4 arrived with a bottle of Primo Verde. Filled it up, charged it, and away we go! :D
    After about 6 pulls it gurgled like I was sucking on a milkshake. :mad:

So, being as how I'm new to this and I haven't found anything relevant in other gurgling posts (they seem to be using different setups), can anyone advise me. What am I doing wrong? Did I just get a bum cartomizer? Overfill? Suck too hard (I didn't think I did)? Can I fix it? :confused:
    All help gratefully recieved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

A bit of liquid has gotten in somewhere it shouldn't have. Unscrew the battery off the end, check if there's a build up of liquid in the connection and soak it up with a tissue if there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Make sure there's no loose bits....

Also, when you have the battery disconnected, blow sort of gently into the mouthpiece (with a bit of tissue held at the bottom) and any loose juice in the centre tube should come out....

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DaddyPower

Yep. In between the battery and the cartomiser. Cleaned it up and off she goes...
    Thanks EGriff. Knew I came to the right place!

4 hours....
    D'you reckon its a record for a guy to be thinking of what to get for an upgrade?...

Ta DublinCJM. Just opened it again to do that and the juice has collected in there again. :(
    maybe I just got a leaky one eh?
    Thank you for the info.

On the plus side it vapes pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

As an upgrade I'd suggest this: http://www.vaperus.ie/kanger/392-mini-protank-2.html
    It's a nice little metal tank and won't leak much if at all.

Get a few of the replacement coils to go with it and you'll be set up for a while: http://www.vaperus.ie/kanger/237-protank-coil.html#/resistance-1_8

The coils need to be changed about once a week depending on how much juice you're going through.

These are good too and a bit cheaper and use the same coils: http://www.vaperus.ie/clearomizer/193-kanger-evod.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

I had a lot of gurgling and popping at the start but it seemed to settle down after a while. I don't know definitely what caused it apart from being a novice. I was tightening everything too tight and it was deforming seals so used a lighter touch and that possibly could have helped a lot. Also sometimes when I take the first pull it gurgles a bit but not after that, maybe pulling harder than a cigarette is the trick.

Anyway I did at one stage get into using double seals and extra wicking but removed them again as gurgling continued after a bit.

I am more and more leaning towards the idea that there is a technique to pulling on an ecig and that this is not only very different from pulling on a cigarette but varies a lot between different eCigs.

Just back from checking out what cartomizer to get as an upgrade to find you suggesting the one I was about to ask about. lol Thanks for the links. Just deciding on some juices now before I put in an order. :)

I think I agree with you dePatrick.. my fault I think. Have taken to long, more gentle draws on it and it's been a dream since. No gurgles, no leaks. Reminds me of when I smoked a pipe for a while.

All in all, I'm a happy camper. And considering I'm quite a heavy smoker and havent had one now almost four hours and didn't even miss them.... I'm truely feckin' amazed! I think I got the right juice and that helped. It tastes pretty foul.. just like a real fag! :D (Or perhaps I should call them analogs now...haha)

I think however that my dreams of saving thousands and opening my own bank may have been premature tho... just saw some lovely customised jobs and I'm jealous. Just can't resist steam-punk... sigh...

DaddyPower wrote: »
    Just back from checking out what cartomizer to get as an upgrade to find you suggesting the one I was about to ask about. lol Thanks for the links. Just deciding on some juices now before I put in an order. :)

I think I agree with you dePatrick.. my fault I think. Have taken to long, more gentle draws on it and it's been a dream since. No gurgles, no leaks. Reminds me of when I smoked a pipe for a while.

All in all, I'm a happy camper. And considering I'm quite a heavy smoker and havent had one now almost four hours and didn't even miss them.... I'm truely feckin' amazed! I think I got the right juice and that helped. It tastes pretty foul.. just like a real fag! :D (Or perhaps I should call them analogs now...haha)

I think however that my dreams of saving thousands and opening my own bank may have been premature tho... just saw some lovely customised jobs and I'm jealous. Just can't resist steam-punk... sigh...
    Steampunk....I know :D worth trying several juices, I have tried about ten so far and have settled on a mixing three if them into what I now consider a decent vape. Think that my taste buds beginning to work again also changed how I taste the vapour too so don't be tempted to buy loads of a liquid you like at the start as you might find that your taste returning changes what you think of it. :)

I think I got the right juice and that helped. It tastes pretty foul.. just like a real fag! :D (Or perhaps I should call them analogs now...haha)

You definitely need to try a few different juices.... The ones that tasted pretty foul were binned off immediately for ones that taste lovely!!

You shouldn't have to go through foul juices... that's the whole point!!

Mixin juices... AW feck! never thought of that! Now I'll have to install a lab too..... I've always wanted some alembics.... :D

• Advertisement

Try http://www.houseofliquid.ie/

There's some great tasting tobacco juices in there, especially the El Toro range, and Virginia Prime is my personal favourite!

DublinCJM wrote: »
    You definitely need to try a few different juices.... The ones that tasted pretty foul were binned off immediately for ones that taste lovely!!

You shouldn't have to go through foul juices... that's the whole point!!

From what I have read on here about juices, some need to be a month old before the flavour comes through, I have been shaking mine every day since I got last batch two weeks ago and am today beginning to notice a real difference in smell and taste off them, particularly tobacco flavours. (RYO)

A whole new world this aint it? :)

When I said foul tasting I meant it in a kind of good way. The Primo Verde really has that tobacco 'burn' that I seem to not be able to do without and it has a long aftertaste too. I'm sure as you say that my taste will change tho and I'm looking forward to experimenting. I'm sure that in the longrun I will experiment with mixing my own and I already think I may try to build my own custom pipe eventually when I've a lot more experience with the paraphanaelia.

I just had a horrible vision of the future:
    "hello. My name is Daddy and I VAPE!"
    LOLl

A whole new world this aint it? :)

When I said foul tasting I meant it in a kind of good way. The Primo Verde really has that tobacco 'burn' that I seem to not be able to do without and it has a long aftertaste too. I'm sure as you say that my taste will change tho and I'm looking forward to experimenting. I'm sure that in the longrun I will experiment with mixing my own and I already think I may try to build my own custom pipe eventually when I've a lot more experience with the paraphanaelia.

I just had a horrible vision of the future:
    "hello. My name is Liam and I VAPE!"
    LOLl

Ha ha haa.....it started silently on the Internet, a silent deadly new drug that replaced tobacco but the people who used it to replace tobacco did not know it was a deadly new highly addictive mind control drug from deep within China, soon armies of mindless zombies all over the western world and beyond were under the control of unseen dictators who had their own Chairman Mayo in Ireland to oversee the new world order.......:D

There's a film in this somewhere you know..... Chemtrails me arse..tis in the JUICE! LOL

1340.jpg

:D

An obvious stage 4.... LMAO

How is going for you? Have you succumbed to shinyitis yet? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

He only started the other day - give our new victim a chance to settle in.

superneat'll have to show some new stuff off to get the wants and needs happening

I've heard Superneat referred to on here....so is that where you first contracted shinyitis Grindle ? :P I'm blaming you Grindle, oh and Ionised has to take part of it as well, Hal1 too....oh yeah and Heliguyheliguy....so good they named him twice....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I've never really had shinyitis, my main mod is butt-ugly.

The only fancy mod I love the look of is the Roller, followed closely by the Paps X (love brushed finishes).

I have poweritis, can't exist without a well-powered dual-coil. I get very excited when I see the number '20' beside the letter 'w'.

reaction_pc_why_boner-(n1315073132452).gif

Why does that.... remind me of this somehow....:D
    freud_001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Ionised

grindle wrote: »

The only fancy mod I love the look of is the Roller, followed closely by the Paps X (love brushed finishes).

I'm a 'brushed' man myself. I have a Dingo and have been looking at the Paps X too (October 14th is the next release I note). I will try to resist the Paps and just get the Roller tubes for my Dingo to try to save on the vape budget slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Regarding the gurgling, there's a train of thought that if you don't have enough airflow from the bottom of the clearo, you actually cause flooding by dragging on it as the suction pulls liquid into the head which doesn't vape but then can leak down the stem.

No gurgling since Pique (just that lovely burny noise) but thanks for the info.

@ dePeatrick: Going great. Only 3 fags yesterday!

Regarding shinyitis... wasn't online yesterday cos I spent it in the shed... looking for brass and copper fitting to suit building a steampunk mod. :D Have decided on a pipe of some kind, ...and a sleeve of course for my EGO c .... and have a beautiful little antique brass primus which I'm for sure going to convert to a Hooka as permanent setup beside my chair in the sitting room. Does that answer your question? LOL

Must go now.... have to find a good supplier of switches and connectors and stuff... mmmmmmm shiiinnny.........

No gurgling since Pique (just that lovely burny noise) but thanks for the info.

@ dePeatrick: Going great. Only 3 fags yesterday!

Regarding shinyitis... wasn't online yesterday cos I spent it in the shed... looking for brass and copper fitting to suit building a steampunk mod. :D Have decided on a pipe of some kind, ...and a sleeve of course for my EGO c .... and have a beautiful little antique brass primus which I'm for sure going to convert to a Hooka as permanent setup beside my chair in the sitting room. Does that answer your question? LOL

Must go now.... have to find a good supplier of switches and connectors and stuff... mmmmmmm shiiinnny.........
    Ha ha haaa....nearly dropped my vape that time I laughed so much.....fair dues to ya, I'd love to have the time and equipment to do likewise....we need pictures....:D

Edit:Just thinking that with a custom built Hookah you are not constrained by standard batteries so I would think you can get the watts way up to 20-25 Grindle knows a thing or two about watts and vaping....he calls it "Poweritis" :)

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Edit:Just thinking that with a custom built Hookah you are not constrained by standard batteries so I would think you can get the watts way up to 20-25 Grindle knows a thing or two about watts and vaping....he calls it "Poweritis" :)

I now have visions of a version of Phil Busardo 's "Legal Vape 4000"

Ionised wrote: »
    I now have visions of a version of Phil Busardo 's "Legal Vape 4000"
    Now that's funny, I googled "Phil Busardo's legal vape 4000" and there was your post at the bottom of the page, 10'th hit........I know it would have been high as I let google record my history...but still....yer famous :D

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Now that's funny, I googled "Phil Busardo's legal vape 4000" and there was your post at the bottom of the page, 10 the hit........I know it would have been high as I let google record my history...but still....yer famous :D

Yay vaping fame! (in a small way)

• Advertisement

Just Gurgled (can almost never resist a good pun, never mind a really bad one like that!) it myself. LOL

Advertisement