Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A large one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

That's rotten luck but there's a long season left so still plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Ings been linked with a number of Premiership sides in the papers today for the January window, could be a long anxious month for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭chompdown

Indeed! I see even Liverpool have been mentioned as a possible bidder. All the speculation is sure to boost his confidence, and after Burnley only managed a 0-0 against Watford last night without him, his confidence should have gotten another little boost there. He's only just now getting a run in the first team up top, so I can't really see him wanting to give that up too quickly, even if it is a big money move.

Jordan Rhodes and Charlie Austin both scored last night to tighten the pack up again. Ross McCormack is still top by one and plays tonight.

Two more goals for Ross McCormack last night :( That's 9 league goals from 5 games!

He goes clear of Ings and Rhodes by three goals. 14 vs 11.

Roll on Saturday!

The Good- Gills losing to fellow strugglers (games they should be winning for survival)

The Bad- Ings not scoring.

The ugly- McCormack scoring and looking in fantastic form with an assist too.

Could do with a McCormack injury for a few weeks cos he looks the biggest threat. Ings should finish ahead of Rhodes imo cos he looks better and Rhodes hasn't produced what he did for Huddersfield when they got promoted 2 years ago.

• Advertisement

Yeah, Ross McCormack is absolutely banging them in! Also, Martin from Derby grabbed a hattrick and is right in the mix now. It's a very competitive top goalscorer competition this year, but I'm still happy to have Ings as the selection. Ross McCormack is quite injury prone so I'm crossing my fingers for an injury to him...

Ings is being pretty strongly linked with Liverpool and Celtic. That's a bit of a worry, but I really cant see him leaving unless Burnley want to sell, which I can't really see either!

Yeah, Gills losing to the bottom team was great. I knew that their smash and grab wins couldn't last forever. Now they have lost three of the last four and play Peterborough next!

If Ings himself has any sense, he will stay until the end of the season at least. Obviously if Liverpool and Celtic came callin any player would want a move but if he stayed and got Burnley to the play offs or even promotion he would get a much better deal for himself. And like you said, do Burnley really want to sell him??

Also, COME ON (roar whoever Gills play here) :D

Ings goal! Live on sky. Nice!

Gills up 2-1 at home to Peterboro

Edit. Finished 2-2 so not too bad

Well that was an interesting weekend. It started off very well with Ings scoring a real striker's goal in the box. The right-full Trippier's crosses into the middle have been very good this year so it's important for him to stay fit also. Ings also hit the post with a lovely glancing header. He really looks a class act.

After a good start it was a rel shame to see all the other three contenders score - McCormack, Rhodes and Austin.

Gillingham let in a 97th minute equaliser at home, and that is sure to crush their spirits! They went from 13th to 17th on the live score table with that goal...

Next weekend we have Gills away to Tranmere on Friday night and Burnley are at home to Blackpool. The busy Christmas season is starting now!

• Advertisement

Forgot to update the odds earlier!

Here they are... Possibly at the shortest they have been so far.

Danny Ings top scorer: 34.0 -> 9.0
    Gillingham relegation: 3.0 -> 2.75

Total: 102.0 -> 24.75

Gillingham are 4th favourites to go down. Four go down.
    Ings is 4th favourite to be top scorer. There's only one top scorer!

A big 2-1 for Gills away to Tranmere last night. They're up to 15th now but are playing Leyton Orient on Thursday and I expect them to get beaten by 2 or more goals. Expect/hope!

Ings scored again and somehow Ross McCormack didn't! Rhodes did though so McCormack is only 3 goals ahead now.

Games on Thursday and Saturday. Will hopefully get a chance to tune into soccer saturday both days. Merry Christmas to all. I'm just happy to be still in with a shout with this beefy double!

With it being Christmas week I thought I would treat myself to another accumulator. Coral are so generous with their season long markets, I just couldn't resist... Here it goes:

Benfica to win the Europa League @ 21.0
    New England Patriots to win the AFC @ 4.5
    Real Madrid to win the Euroleague Basketball @ 2.8

Total odds: 264.6
    Total stake £85 (€101.50)
    Potential winnings: £22,491 (€26,879)

I know less than nothing about Basketball and American Football. I just chase value, a strategy that has worked very well so far.

The Patriots are missing their best tight-end in Gronkowski, out for the season with ACL, usually the go-to guy for the Quarter Back. But their QB, Tom Brady, is an absolute genius. Winning the game two weeks ago when he needed two touchdowns in the last 2 and half minutes of the game. And with a big win yesterday (41-7 v Ravens, the defending Superbowl champs) they seem to be doing fine.

In my opinion, the biggest danger for Patriots is the Broncos. Many people think the Broncos are Superbowl champions elect and they have looked very dangerous this year with a 12-3 record, the games they have lost their defence (or defense as they say) hasn't performed.

Other teams are the Bengals, Colts and Chiefs but I think they will just run out of steam at crucial stages.

I think the 49ers or Seahawks from the NFC will win the Superbowl so at least you don't have to worry about them.

Here'a link to keep an eye on the AFC for the few weeks that are left. Best of luck

http://www.nfl.com/standings

Thanks very much for that! Interesting to read about the AFC and it seems like next week's games will be very interesting... Obviously hoping the Patriots can get top spot for the playoffs.

I see that Von Miller of the Broncos is out for the rest of the season with a torn cruciate...

chompdown wrote: »
    Thanks very much for that! Interesting to read about the AFC and it seems like next week's games will be very interesting... Obviously hoping the Patriots can get top spot for the playoffs.

I see that Von Miller of the Broncos is out for the rest of the season with a torn cruciate...

Yeah, I just read up about his injury. The defense has been shaky all season and he was missing for about 5 weeks aswell before this injury and Broncos were still winning. In NFL, they talk about "elite" Quarter Backs. This season Manning and Brady would be in the "elite" category, with possibly Brees of the Saints.

The Broncos were always the ones to watch for just cos Manning is that damn good but you can never write Brady off and if the Broncos defense has an off day they will get destroyed cos at the end of the day, Manning is just one man and there is only so much he can do!

Great stuff. Very interesting. I will try to watch the games this weekend and learn a thing or two, just for the sake of interest.

I am really looking forward to following Benfica in this year's Europe League so it would be so good if the Patriots could do me a favour and win the playoffs! If they don't, then the bet is a lost in January.

Great day lined up for the original bet today. Gills on at 1330 and then a full round of games at 1500 and Blackpool Leeds (McCormack) is the late Championship kickoff.

I only have three beers left though!

Great start! Gills concede a cruel last minute goal again, to lose 2-1. That should hurt!

Not a great day yesterday. Burnley have now only won 2 from 10 games and could only draw 0-0. No goals for Ings, and both Rhodes (2) and McCormack (1) scored. Martin for Derby is creeping up the charts too. Ings has drifted out to 11.0

Gillingham were one nil up, then conceded a 90th minute goal to go 2-1 down but then got an injury time goal themselves to draw 2-2! The Gills took only one point from their two home games this week and are still very much in trouble.

My New Year's wish is for Jordan Rhodes to join a prem team and Ross McCormack to pick up an injury!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

dobman88 wrote: »
    The Patriots are missing their best tight-end in Gronkowski, out for the season with ACL, usually the go-to guy for the Quarter Back. But their QB, Tom Brady, is an absolute genius. Winning the game two weeks ago when he needed two touchdowns in the last 2 and half minutes of the game. And with a big win yesterday (41-7 v Ravens, the defending Superbowl champs) they seem to be doing fine.

In my opinion, the biggest danger for Patriots is the Broncos. Many people think the Broncos are Superbowl champions elect and they have looked very dangerous this year with a 12-3 record, the games they have lost their defence (or defense as they say) hasn't performed.

Other teams are the Bengals, Colts and Chiefs but I think they will just run out of steam at crucial stages.

I think the 49ers or Seahawks from the NFC will win the Superbowl so at least you don't have to worry about them.

Here'a link to keep an eye on the AFC for the few weeks that are left. Best of luck

http://www.nfl.com/standings

Pats are riddled with injury, Wilfork and Gronk being the two biggest but they are not alone sadly. We need both our rookie WR's to get back fit (both injured) and get people fit on defence/o line and other areas to have a chance. Its not likely tbh

Mankins went down in the last game, but returned to the field which I wasn't happy about, Solder has concussion problems, sorry I feel Im about to go off on a tangents here, basically I would be more confident at this moment about Benfica winning the Europa then I would the Pats winning the AFC. I really hope we get some players back though and give it a good go

If we had taken the number 1 seed, maybe it would have helped, already beaten the Broncos at Gilette this year but no confidence in going to Mile High to play them currently, they have a record breaking offence, we have a creaking defence. We are playing a reserve team on offence basically and they have a very good D

This bye week is very important for your bet OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Not a great day yesterday. Burnley have now only won 2 from 10 games and could only draw 0-0. No goals for Ings, and both Rhodes (2) and McCormack (1) scored. Martin for Derby is creeping up the charts too. Ings has drifted out to 11.0

Gillingham were one nil up, then conceded a 90th minute goal to go 2-1 down but then got an injury time goal themselves to draw 2-2! The Gills took only one point from their two home games this week and are still very much in trouble.

My New Year's wish is for Jordan Rhodes to join a prem team and Ross McCormack to pick up an injury!

Following this and not a great Xmas for you from an Ings point of view but Gillingham's results were good to you so take the positive. Only the halfway point. Current best price for the double 32/1 which is not bad for half-way considering you backed at 101/1. A lot can happen and I hope it does for you. Best of luck!

Cheers lads. Good info about the Patriots. The bet is a real long shot so my expectations are very low.

Today went very well for the main accumulator with Danny Ings getting two goals. Gills rivals did well too with both Crewe and Notts County getting good wins and Tranmere drew with Wolves.

McCormack didn't score, but Rhodes did so they are both two goals ahead of Ings... Edit: Rhodes is only one ahead of Ings, but McCormack is two ahead.

After today I'm delighted with how the Christmas games went!

Last minute winner for the Gills at home to Wolves. A real smash and grab. They fought well etc but Wolves really should have beaten them. The pitch and conditions were awful.

Gillingham's form has improved as the weather has got worse. If that match was played in decent conditions I reckon it would have been 0-3 but that's football. Anyway.... there's a break this weekend cos of the FA Cup.

Well after that last minute win for the Gills against Wolves, I was feeling like that could have been a turning point for them, and I was worried that they would pick up a win against Colchester today, and really go clear of the dropzone. My fears were unwarranted as they went down 3-0.

Danny Ings also picked up another goal, a thirty yard belter into the top corner, and is now level with Jordan Rhodes and one behind Ross McCormack.

Feeling good again! :)

For the other major long shot, the Patriots will be playing tonight in the semi-final, so hopefully I will get a chance to watch it...

Ings got Sky Sports goal of the day award.

Pats are at home which is good. Colts QB is still very young but he has no confidence problems. Lots of people tipping him as the new Tom Brady which say it all. I think the real Tom Brady will do the business though. And the Broncos to win the other game and the final will be a classic if both Pats and Broncos get there.

A great win for the New England Patriots last night! I think it's a good time to update the odds for both bets...

Bet 1

Danny Ings Top Scorer: 34.0 -> 7.0

Gillingham L2 relegation: 3.0 -> 3.25

Total odds: 102 -> 22.75
    Total stake: £162 (€200 at the time)
    Potential winnings: £16,524 (€19,913)

Bet 2

Benfica to win the Europa League: 21.0
    New England Patriots to win the AFC: 4.5 -> 2.75
    Real Madrid to win the Euroleague Basketball: 2.8

Total odds: 264.6 -> 161.7
    Total stake £85 (€101.50)
    Potential winnings: £22,491 (€26,879)

I see Chris Harris of the Broncos tore his ACL and will miss the final against the Patriots. Will he be a big miss lads?

I see Chris Harris of the Broncos tore his ACL and will miss the final against the Patriots. Will he be a big miss lads?

Yes. He is one of the unsung heroes. A solid defender.

If you follow the build up this week it will be all about Brady and Manning. When they played earlier in the season the Broncos defence broke down after one of their men was taken off injured. This time they will be without a vital guy all game.

But saying that, Brady is missing Gronk. So both teams are missing vital players. Probably expect a high scoring game and if you watch it live, it will be a roller coaster. GO PATS!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Good news for you on Danny Ings is that he and the burnley manager have stated he will be staying with Burnley untill hte summer, that was my biggest worry for you on this bet, IMO he is too good for Burnley!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Yep, they are no worse then the Pats injury wise, in terms of players who are gonna be unavailable it is the Pats who come off much worse sadly, it being at Mile High is another balls, but if anyone can do it. Brady and BB can :)

Advertisement