Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A large one

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭chompdown

WHAT A GAME!!!

Valencia lost the first leg 3-0 to Basel but have just won 5-0 aet. Crazy still. I was sure the bet was a loser.

Now it's getting interesting... Valencia in the semis and Blackpool only 3 points clear of relegation.

Odds will be updated tomorrow!

Here are the latest best price odds.

Sam Winnall League 2 top scorer @ 1.91 -> 1.05
    Blackpool Championship Relegation @ 4.5 -> 4.0
    Valencia EL Champions @ 17.0 -> 8.5

Total odds 146.1 -> 35.7
    Stake £131 (€155)
    Potential winnings: £19,139 (€22,950)

Valencia will find out who they get in the semi finals today. Juve, Benfica and Sevilla are the three other teams. I would like them to avoid Benfica...

Blackpool are away to Leeds tomorrow. Both teams in awful form, but another defeat for Blackpool would probably put them in big trouble.

Well Blackpool lost again, this time away to an out of form Leeds side, 2-0. Their last four fixtures look quite difficult too!

Millwall and Yeovil both picked up draws - Millwall's equaliser at 90 + 5'. That could be a massive goal as they are only two points behind Blackpool now and are unbeaten in 3 games now I think. Blackpool are playing Burnley at home Next Friday, and if Burnley win they get promoted. Hoping Ings can do me a favour now that he is back from injury...

Valencia rested a lot of the players who played in that epic 5-0 win over Basel and won 2-1. They got Sevilla in the semi final draw and I'm pretty happy with that, especially as the second leg is at home.

I think the odds are shorter on this bet now compared to any point on the Ings Gillingham double... 20/1 that I will win €23k!

Sam Winnall League 2 top scorer @ 1.91 -> 1.02
    Blackpool Championship Relegation @ 4.5 -> 3.25
    Valencia EL Champions @ 17.0 -> 6.5

Total odds 146.1 -> 21.55
    Stake £131 (€155)
    Potential winnings: £19,139 (€23,117)

A win for Barnsley against Charlton last night. Tough to know if that's a good result. I was checking the Blackpool forums before the game and they were all hoping for a draw or a Charlton win, so I suppose a Barnsley win was the best outcome! They are in miserable spirits by the way!

It's very tight at the bottom now with Blackpool in my opinion having the hardest run in. I can really see them going down now.

Winnall is all but guaranteed top scorer now.

Can Valencia win the Europa League? They are the outsiders and playing pretty poorly in the league but that performance against Basel (who did the double over Chelsea in the CL) was so very impressive, so they are defo in with a chance!

After Blackpool lost to Millwall and then Valencia lost 3-0 to Basel, I was sure this bet was a loser. The odds must have drifted to about 700/1, but back down to best priced 19.9

Another defeat for Blackpool yesterday! I was out playing pool so had alerts set on my phone... Up popped the goal alert but the app said Blackpool had taken the lead! It quickly corrected itself and I was absolutely delighted :) Highs and lows!

Winnall also scored yesterday and Hogan picked up another injury. He's six goals clear now so I'm marking that as a win.

That leaves the bet as a 16/1 double now. Barnsley and Millwall both play today and a win for either team should drop the odds even lower.

• Advertisement

Blackpool dropped into the relegation zone after a lovely 2-1 win for Millwall away to Middlesbrough. With that, their odds also dropped to 2.1 so the bet is now 13.65.

That's the lowest any of my bets have been all season.

Happy days!

Interesting results in the Championship today. Blackpool stay in the bottom three despite their 1-1 draw away to Brighton. It looks like it's now between Doncaster, Millwall, Birmingham and Blackpool for the last relegation place.

Blackpool are still favourites to take that last relegation spot, but it is extremely tight! Doncaster have a tough pair of games to finish the season :(

Next up, Valencia's semi final first leg away to Sevilla.

HT 2-0 to Sevilla. Their first goal was ridiculously offside and the second came a couple of minutes later. Shocking from the linesman...

Valencia looked good up to that point but those goals have shaken them. A 2-1 defeat could be the best I can hope for at this point :(

FT 2-0.

Valencia dominated and had some good chances in the second half but no goals.

Very difficult task ahead now...

The end is nigh!

I got a great run for my money even though all bets were losers this season. The money I lost through the whole season with the accumulators could have been lost by me in one weekend of going crazy chasing losses so I'm glad it's curbed that dangerousness!

Last year Benfica's loss in the Europa League final cost me winnings of about €28k and I was absolutely dreading Valencia getting to the final and losing to Benfica. That would have been gut wrenching. Looks like that won't happen now as Blackpool are practically safe. They are an abysmal side by the way!!

If I've time, I might do a summary post on my bets to see how good or bad they were...

Cheers for the comments over the season. I will hopefully be back with a couple of accumulators for the World Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

chompdown wrote: »
    The end is nigh!

I got a great run for my money even though all bets were losers this season. The money I lost through the whole season with the accumulators could have been lost by me in one weekend of going crazy chasing losses so I'm glad it's curbed that dangerousness!

Last year Benfica's loss in the Europa League final cost me winnings of about €28k and I was absolutely dreading Valencia getting to the final and losing to Benfica. That would have been gut wrenching. Looks like that won't happen now as Blackpool are practically safe. They are an abysmal side by the way!!

If I've time, I might do a summary post on my bets to see how good or bad they were...

Cheers for the comments over the season. I will hopefully be back with a couple of accumulators for the World Cup.

You got your money's worth which is half the battle. Enjoyed following - thanks for that. Would have been nice to see yo walk off into the sunset with 20k in your account but considering they started out as long shots you made one or two of them last. I might join you in your World Cup bets and definitely hope to see you back next season.

Advertisement