Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog barrier in car

• 09-10-2013 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Does anyone have any experience of mesh windows for the back of a car? In this case a Peugeot 206.

Basically my girlfriend has two dogs who shed hair like no ones business. She walks the dogs down the beach or local park area but she puts them in the boot of the car to get there. The only problem is the hair doesn't just stay in the boot and her car is constantly covered in it. I'm no prude when it comes to a bit of dog hair etc but this is ridiculous all the seats are covered with it even though dogs are only ever in the boot. :eek:

Was looking at getting some sort of mesh window to stop the hair from flying around the car. (Please see attached)

Anyone have any advice? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah that mesh looks good.

Do you want this in pets forum instead?
    Not all car owners have dogs but most dog owners have cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭jones

Very good point biko i never thought of that.

Cheers

Should i repost this or can it be moved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Alternatives would be to brush the dogs after the walk but tbh that would be too much work I think.

Also note that some vacuums has problem with too much pet hair, I assume this is how you keep car clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭keaves

I'm also on the look out for something exactly like that! As a temporary measure I got some mess curtains from IKEA and hung it from the cars roof interior panel (pushed it between panel and roof so no damage done) so it hung down behind the back seat head rests and into the boot and it worked a treat until one of the dogs decided to make his way from the boot to the back seat. I could also see through it fine while driving with or without the dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

jones wrote: »
    Folks,

Does anyone have any experience of mesh windows for the back of a car? In this case a Peugeot 206.

Basically my girlfriend has two dogs who shed hair like no ones business. She walks the dogs down the beach or local park area but she puts them in the boot of the car to get there. The only problem is the hair doesn't just stay in the boot and her car is constantly covered in it. I'm no prude when it comes to a bit of dog hair etc but this is ridiculous all the seats are covered with it even though dogs are only ever in the boot. :eek:

Was looking at getting some sort of mesh window to stop the hair from flying around the car. (Please see attached)

Anyone have any advice? :confused:

OP... what type of dogs does she have?

Reason i ask is maybe she could try and tackle the shedding issues too as well as the mesh? they must be shedding all over her house too.

I have a cocker, who rarely sheds. I give him salmon oil in his food each morning (this helps with reducing shedding), i brush him every 3 days and keep his coat clipped neatly, he's an indoor dog that rarely sheds.

So there are things she can do to try and reduce the shedding etc.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭jones

She has a golden retriever and a collie cross (who's the main shedder) to be honest she doesn't clean the car but it gets filthy then and turns into a big job that i've to do haha. My car is used for most of the normal driving which the dogs are never in...and wont be ;-)

Thanks for the salmon oil tip i didn't know about that. The dogs are mainly outside in a run and then sleep in the garage at night but obviously coming into the winter they'll be inside a lot more. I think i'll have a gentle word with the O.H. and say about a bit of grooming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Invest in some faux leather seat covers! ;) My last car had leather seats so the hairs weren't all over it - new car doesn't and there's hairs popping up all over the place lol! :p I've got a boot liner that covers the whole back of the new car (seats up or down) to catch most of it. My dog swims a lot too so it takes care of most of the hair and then a brush down once a week. I dread to think what the new car will be like after the winter! :p

Advertisement