Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB holding me to ransom - €5000 transfer limit.

Options
  • 09-10-2013 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Bit of a shocker,

I wanted to transfer €60,000 out of my AIB current account to somewhere safer (without the mortgage arrears and losses).

AIB will only let you transfer out €5000 per day, it's like they have implemented capital controls.
    I went into the branch today to see if they could transfer out more than €5,000, first of all approached by a wandering customer service rep who said you can do it on the machine. WRONG! FAIL!
    Secondly wen to the counter and they told me that they wanted to charge me for transferring MY MONEY out of my account to my other account with another back.
    I told them it was free online, but I could only transfer €5,000, they said they know that and they would still have to charge me.

WARNING: Beware of AIB, I reckon that they are about to go bust again and are trying to hold onto every cent they can get.
    I have resorted to transferring the money out at €5,000 per day through the online banking.

This time it will be a bail-in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Yeah no need to over egg it there.

Most (Irish) banks impose a upper limit that can be transferred online daily.

According to page 9 of their charges PDF there is a €25 charge for a same day interbank transfer, is this what you are trying to avoid?

Their charges are public and transparent and if you check the other banks you will see it is similar across the board. There is no conspiracy keeping your money out of your control.

No need to be spreading nonsense about bank failures.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭LumpyGravy

Could you not just get a bank draft? Did the same a couple of years ago. Girl behind glass did not look pleased when I asked her to make it out to ulster bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Sooo...because you can't have your way, AIB is going bust? There is so much wrong with this thread I don't know where to start

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement