Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denied BTEA help!

Options
  • 09-10-2013 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

I was awaiting a decision on a disability allowance for over 12 months so was being paid supplementary welfare allowance by hse all that time. I was declined the disability so last month went back on jsa I've applied for BTEA and they said no as I haven't been on a qualifying payment and that I can't appeal it.

I've already started first year, is there any way around this seems terrible to penalize me as I was waiting so long on a decision re my disability.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You can ask for a review of the decision it's not quite an appeal. But even if you ask for a review and stay on the course your JSA could be cut off immediately.

Its also possible if you really want to take this further than DSP to go to the Ombudsman.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Thanks a mill yea they have cut off my JSA which ombudsman do I contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

I've contacted the ombudsman now by email does anyone have any idea how long it takes to reply. Also is there an emergency payment I can get while I'm waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

smyths wrote: »
    I've contacted the ombudsman now by email does anyone have any idea how long it takes to reply. Also is there an emergency payment I can get while I'm waiting?

No - you cant get an emergency payment because you are in full time education

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rml20131

How did you get on with this? I'm in a similar situation now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement