Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changes being rolled out to 'My Recordings' feature of Horizon

• 09-10-2013 4:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭

Just got this from UPC...

We’re continuously updating and improving Horizon TV based on the feedback you share. We’ve created a new software update designed to address a number of your comments. This update includes changes to the My Recordings feature of Horizon TV.

Before we roll out this update to all our Horizon TV customers we would like to give you an opportunity to try it out and feedback on your experience. To get an early view of this update click on the link below and fill out the form. It will take less than two minutes. Then just leave your box on standby when not in use and we’ll arrange for the update to be released to your Horizon TV HD+ box. We’ll ask you to complete two short surveys over the coming weeks to share your feedback.

I've registered and my box is always on standby so hopefuly they will push the update to me and I'll see some changes soon of which the ability to easily delete a wholes series instead of one episode at a time would be welcome.

Will post back here if/when I see any changes, others welcome to join in.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

got it too and registered, my box is on standby too at the moment so we shall see what happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭moonship

Give us the link to the form. I am sick of not having the possibility of deleting whole series. I think thats it all about

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭seanie27

moonship wrote: »
    Give us the link to the form. I am sick of not having the possibility of deleting whole series. I think thats it all about

The signup for this beta version of the update is closed. You'll have to wait till it's fully rolled out in a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

paulboland wrote: »

That extra box sounds good. Roll on the outside wifi network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

moonship wrote: »

It doesn't work like that, the link they gave me had a load of gobbledegook in it which meant that when I clicked on it, it took me to a webpage where they already knew who I was, I wasn't even asked for my UPC customer number.

So by it's invitation only, sorry.

bouncers.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Has anyone got it yet? What are the changes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭jaybe1

intersted to see how this went if anyone can shine some light on it.

It hasn't been pushed out to my machine yet, stay tuned. I'm checking the version number each day so as soon as I see I've been updated, I'll check it and see what functions have changed.

"Thank you once again for registering your interest in receiving the latest Horizon TV software update.

We are delighted to say that this update will be released to your Horizon TV HD+ box today. All we ask is that you leave your box on standby when not in use."

• Advertisement

seanie27 wrote: »
    "Thank you once again for registering your interest in receiving the latest Horizon TV software update.

We are delighted to say that this update will be released to your Horizon TV HD+ box today. All we ask is that you leave your box on standby when not in use."

I also got that email just now but when I went to register last week I got a message fulfilment of users reached and did not get a chance to sign up for the update

Something tells me the email is a automated email to all regardless if you signed up to test the firmware

If you did not get to sign up for the firmware test don't expect any update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

I also got that email just now but when I went to register last week I got a message fulfilment of users reached and did not get a chance to sign up for the update

Something tells me the email is a automated email to all regardless if you signed up to test the firmware

If you did not get to sign up for the firmware test don't expect any update

I had the exact same experience and just got the email as well ..
    When I check the SW version on my box , it says:

SOFTWARE VERSION 1b-263.05.4h_V 1.28_16777494
    LAST UPDATE TH 01.08.13 / 22:49 SU 13.10.13

Does this mean that it was updated last night on SU 13.10.13 ?

I can't see any obvious changes ..

bob11 wrote: »
    I had the exact same experience and just got the email as well ..
    When I check the SW version on my box , it says:

LAST UPDATE TH 01.08.13 / 22:49 SU 13.10.13

Does this mean that it was updated last night on SU 13.10.13 ?

I can't see any obvious changes ..

That is the latest update that was released on 1st of August (TH 01.08.13)

The update you see for SU 13.10.13 is the TV Guide update

The New Update is not released yet supposed to be sometime today
    more likely will be later tonight as box must not be in use and left on standby
    and don't expect it unless you did get to sign up to test the beta firmware

Did you succeed in getting allocated for the firmware test last week
    As lot of customers are getting this email even though they did not sign up for firmware test last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭gar

Installed it there.

Cant see anyway to delete whole series still...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Just checked for an update and there's 1 available I'm downloading it now

gar wrote: »
    Installed it there.

Cant see anyway to delete whole series still...

Can you quote the new s/w version please. Did you get the e-mail last week inviting you to participate in the trial? See my original post above.

This update will be a disappointment if there's no series delete. Damn these first world problems!! :-) Yes, we're all a spoiled bunch of so and sos but sure there you have it.

Anyway, keep the info coming lads and lassies.

I have no idea what this update has done.
    No difference in my eyes

I have no idea what this update has done.
    No difference in my eyes

What is the SOFTWARE VERSION you have now
    as the latest version that we all have is

If your software is the same as above then you don't have the update
    The update has not been released yet so far today
    so I'm curious to know what version your horizon box is

What is the software version you have
    Did you run check for updates or was it a auto update from upc

we're hanging on your every word, Paul!! ;)

• Advertisement

we're hanging on your every word, Paul!! ;)

Noting just a normal tv guide update :(
    Its still the same version as before
    I will have to wait I suppose

What is the SOFTWARE VERSION you have now
    as the latest version that we all have is

If your software is the same as above then you don't have the update
    The update has not been released yet so far today
    so I'm curious to know what version your horizon box is

What is the software version you have
    Did you run check for updates or was it a auto update from upc

I'm on 1b-263.011.0n_V 1.28_16777500

I'm on 1b-263.011.0n_V 1.28_16777500

That update was pushed out to my box in the past 30 minutes, I switched off and on at about 18:10 today and next time I checked, I had been upgraded.

Did a quick check on My Recordings and My planner, can't see any difference. I have a large series from Discovery that I want to delete but the only options are 'Delete' and 'Delete Everything', no 'Delete all episodes in this series' which is what I need.

coylemj wrote: »
    That update was pushed out to my box in the past 30 minutes, I switched off and on at about 18:10 today and next time I checked, I had been upgraded.

Did a quick check on My Recordings and My planner, can't see any difference. I have a large series from Discovery that I want to delete but the only options are 'Delete' and 'Delete Everything', no 'Delete all episodes in this series' which is what I need.

ahh here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

ahh here...

So they have asked for testers but didn't give the functionality that has been changed? Hopefully some updates to allow the easy delete

MAJJ wrote: »
    So they have asked for testers but didn't give the functionality that has been changed?

Correct, I've just replied to the e-mail which informed me that I'd be updated today, here's what I told them.....

Hi, that update has been pushed out to my machine but I can't see a single improvement. What that means is that when you come asking me for feedback, it will be 100% negative on the basis that none of the improvements I was hoping to see have been included in the update.

The instant the machine was updated I looked to see if I can delete all of the episodes of a series and I still can't do so, that was the biggest loss of function I noticed when I got the Horizon box.

Would it be too much to ask exactly what changes are included in this s/w update?

It's worth noting that the invitation to sign up to be an early tester of this update stated the following...

We’re continuously updating and improving Horizon TV based on the feedback you share. We’ve created a new software update designed to address a number of your comments

Just got the following response to the e-mail quoted in the post above which to remind you, asked UPC a direct question as to exactly what changes were included in the s/w update.....

Firstly, thank you for taking the trouble to e-mail us regarding the latest software release that you agreed to help test. We are sorry that your expectations of this update were not met. This software release is intended to improve general Horizon TV performance and we are aware that the “Delete Series” is a popular feature. This is a planned product improvement in the first half of 2014.

We’re continuously updating and improving Horizon TV based on feedback all our testers provide, so thank you once again for helping us with this.

To call this a wishy-washy response would be an understatement, let's just remind ourselves what was claimed for this update....

We’ve created a new software update designed to address a number of your comments. This update includes changes to the My Recordings feature of Horizon TV.

But the above response has watered that down to the claim that it's simply 'intended to improve general Horizon TV performance' i.e. no functional changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Ive not had the audio drop out in my recordings since the update and I havent had any failed recordings. I dont record much so may be just luck but has anyone else seen any improvements in these common complaints?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Thanks for the update and I agree wishy washy and disappointing. 4 tuners and a flawed delete interface. Expecting customers to put up with this is dumb.
    coylemj wrote: »
    Just got the following response to the e-mail quoted in the post above which to remind you, asked UPC a direct question as to exactly what changes were included in the s/w update.....

Firstly, thank you for taking the trouble to e-mail us regarding the latest software release that you agreed to help test. We are sorry that your expectations of this update were not met. This software release is intended to improve general Horizon TV performance and we are aware that the “Delete Series” is a popular feature. This is a planned product improvement in the first half of 2014.

We’re continuously updating and improving Horizon TV based on feedback all our testers provide, so thank you once again for helping us with this.

To call this a wishy-washy response would be an understatement, let's just remind ourselves what was claimed for this update....

We’ve created a new software update designed to address a number of your comments. This update includes changes to the My Recordings feature of Horizon TV.

But the above response has watered that down to the claim that it's simply 'intended to improve general Horizon TV performance' i.e. no functional changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 RealRedfraggle

Anyone get a further update on this?
    What is early 2014??

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭wush06

UPC do you have any sort of update on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

wush06 wrote: »
    UPC do you have any sort of update on this.

You need to post on the 'Talk to UPC' forum if you want to get a prompt response from a rep.

My guess would be "no update" though.

Advertisement