Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Placement Advice

Options
  • 09-10-2013 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Ok I am getting a tattoo but I just want maybe some advice on where would the best place to put it be before I get it done. I was thinking of getting one on the belly but my friend told me a bit of a horror story where her friend got a tattoo on her stomach and she ended up gaining weight and now the tattoo looks a ball of ****!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Well anywhere on the body where a person is prone to gain/lose mass can distort a tattoo massively.

So stomach = a risk of distortion should you pile on/drop the pounds, arms = a risk of distortion should you pump some serious iron and so on...

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

P_1 wrote: »
    Well anywhere on the body where a person is prone to gain/lose mass can distort a tattoo massively.

So stomach = a risk of distortion should you pile on/drop the pounds, arms = a risk of distortion should you pump some serious iron and so on...

Thanks for reply :). Where would you recommend? Back would be ok i guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Even the back will change if you gain a lot of weight or put on a lot of muscle.

Really you have to pick a tattoo you and a place you want to put it. The tattoo will look fine unless your body massively changes, in which case your tattoo looking bad should be the least of your concerns.

Don't forget to talk to your artist about placement. Sometimes a design won't look well on a particular part of the body.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 K.r.a.t.o.S

It depends on the design. For example if you get a sun around your belly button...and then gain weight...you will end up with just a bigger sun; not a big deal. But if the design is something that needs to be anatomically correct(a portrait, animal etc) then you could have a problem. Also, for anywhere else than your belly, you'd want to gain a s**t load of weight to actually affect a tattoo.

Advertisement