Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VLC help

Options
  • 09-10-2013 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

I've been using VLC & KMPlayer for a while now but i want to try stick to VLC but i have a couple questions first :pac:

I like how in kmplayer you can press the arrow button on your keyboard and the video will skip 5s forward or 5s backwards, can this be done in VLC? (i know you can use the VLC menu, but i'd prefer a keyboard shortcut)

Also, i'd like if VLC opened in the same size window every time i try open a video, is this possible?

Thank you
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

shift + left arrow will skip back 3 seconds
    shift + right arrow will skip forward 3 seconds

PDF of VLC shortcuts available here, download link in top right corner.

As for the size I would have thought that un-ticking Video > Always fit Window would work, but it doesn't seem to for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

I like how in kmplayer you can press the arrow button on your keyboard and the video will skip 5s forward or 5s backwards, can this be done in VLC?

ALT + left/right arrow = 10s back/forward

CTRL + + left/right arrow = 1 min back/forward

CTRL + ALT + left/right arrow = 5 min back/forward

Also, i'd like if VLC opened in the same size window every time i try open a video, is this possible?

Clear this check box:

WpUxH.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Torqay wrote: »
    Clear this check box:

WpUxH.png

and how do i set it so it opens the same size every time for every video?

and how do i set it so it opens the same size every time for every video?

got it, thanks a mil lads

• Advertisement

Ok, i've another question, when you load a video and try record a snippet from it with VLC, the video is meant to be auto saved into my documents, no videos are being created when i try record, any suggestions?

In Windows Vista, 7 and 8 the recordings (vlc-record - date - duration - source title.mp4) are stored in the Video library. In Windows XP/2003 you'll find them in My Documents\My Videos.

Or change the destitination folder to your likings in the "simple" preferences:

5nePrUh.jpg

Advertisement