Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Alarm

Options
  • 09-10-2013 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My  house phone  is with Eircom and so is my Alarm. I am thinking of having my phone disconnected as we no longer use it. I want to keep the eircom alarm

My question is with the phone disconnected will alarm still work or what must I do to keep it, without having the phone connected. :):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

capeclear wrote: »
    My  house phone  is with Eircom and so is my Alarm. I am thinking of having my phone disconnected as we no longer use it. I want to keep the eircom alarm

My question is with the phone disconnected will alarm still work or what must I do to keep it, without having the phone connected. :):)
    Hi Capeclear

I've looked into this and I can confirm that a phone line was a specific requirement when eircom owned and operated phonewatch.

As phonewatch is now no longer owned or operated by eircom I think the best advice I can offer you is to contact and discuss this phonewatch on their customer support line 1850 211 765.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2 capeclear

Hi Capeclear

I've looked into this and I can confirm that a phone line was a specific requirement when eircom owned and operated phonewatch.

As phonewatch is now no longer owned or operated by eircom I think the best advice I can offer you is to contact and discuss this phonewatch on their customer support line 1850 211 765.

Thanks

Al
    I will give them a ring, many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Capeclear

Thanks

Al
    I will give them a ring, many thanks
    No worries capeclear

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭altor

The alarm needs a line to dial into P.W.
    A UPC line will also work with your alarm if you do decide to keep up the monitoring.
    In you did decide not to have the system monitored then the alarm will also work as a stand alone system.
    Just be aware that you will need the numbers deleted out of the system if you decided to go as a standalone system.
    Very easy to do on all these systems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

altor wrote: »
    The alarm needs a line to dial into P.W.
    A UPC line will also work with your alarm if you do decide to keep up the monitoring.
    In you did decide not to have the system monitored then the alarm will also work as a stand alone system.
    Just be aware that you will need the numbers deleted out of the system if you decided to go as a standalone system.
    Very easy to do on all these systems.

Thanks for the help altor

Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement