Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Replacing Astec Battery

Options
  • 08-10-2013 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm just wondering if someone could send me the engineer manual for the Astec 63DV alarm. I am getting the error 61 battery fault and I was hoping that the procedure for replacing the battery is detailed in the manual. Has anyone any idea if it is?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

PMed you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭rustalan

Thanks again for the manual KoolKid.

So I'm going to change out the battery as soon as I can source a new one. From my reading the battery required for the Astec 63dv is a LC-R122R2P Panasonic 12 Volt 2.2AH Battery??

Looking through posts from KoolKid and Altor I think the procedure is as follows:

- Turn off the power to the alarm box. (The light will go out so you know its off)

- Take off the top plastic cover. The alarm will sound as you don't actually need to use the Engineers code for this?

- Take off the bottom plastic cover.

- Remove the battery link (I don't think you need to remove the setup link). Are these links screws that you need to remove?

- Remove one of the leads from the battery.

- Remove the PCB

- Remove the battery and replace with the new.

- Then just reverse the above procedure.

Are these steps correct? Do I need to setup all the zones when the battery is replaced or will they continue to operate as normal? When I turn the power back on will my code be enough to turn the alarm off or will I need to enter the engineers code?

Thanks again for your help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That's pretty much it. You will need to remove the pcb before you can remove the battery leads.
    The panel should hold all the settings providing you don't remove the factory link.

Thanks Koolkid. So the alarm will just stop once I enter my code when I turn the power back on?

Last thing, does the battery link just clip out or is it screwed in?

Thanks again for the help will let you know how I get on.

Yes the code will disarm the tamper.
    The battery link sits on 2 pins. It just lifts on and off.

• Advertisement

I can only seem to source a 12 volt 2.3 AH battery. Will this do the job or will I definitely need the 2.2?

If the battery is the same dimensions it would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

rustalan wrote: »
    I can only seem to source a 12 volt 2.3 AH battery. Will this do the job or will I definitely need the 2.2?

The 12V 2.3 will be fine. It just has a higher AH.

Thanks guys great to see a picture of it. I also probably should have opened the box and had a look for myself first and just measured it. I found the following dimensions online L.178mm W.34mm H.64mm. So as long as the 2.3 AH falls within those it should be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

rustalan wrote: »
    Thanks guys great to see a picture of it. I also probably should have opened the box and had a look for myself first and just measured it. I found the following dimensions online L.178mm W.34mm H.64mm. So as long as the 2.3 AH falls within those it should be ok?

Thats correct.

• Advertisement

Yes, then it will fit ok.
    Bring the old one with you if you want to be sure.

Hi guys, changed out the battery this evening. Only took a few mins. Thanks again for all the help.

Your welcome. Glad you got it sorted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement