Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Seniors Job

Options
  • 09-10-2013 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

just wondering is there anyone on here who might be interested in running for the ireland job ,elections start in a few days ,i think those on boards.ie should decide on a canditate and give him our total support,i also think its well time , the inner circle of the offsite who control who gets the job is wrong and needs to be broken so come on guys put yer name forward

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

LOL And he starts here, I'd love to see someone new go for the job, but apart from Mouse nobody ran last time! Personally with the addition of assisants I'd like to see a team run for the job, we won an U20 with a team managing things and I think a team would do a good job here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭greyhound1973

to be honest phonehead,your dead right a team orientated management group would be good,but wondering is there anyone here willing to spearhead the team,????

Well also with the new kicking and field segment attacking tactics it will take a brave sole to put their name forward for that! It will take a huge amount of time to get comfortable with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I'd like to have a go at assisting whenever I can. Would be a good experience and would force me to make the effort and figure out these new tactics

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

just wondering is there anyone on here who might be interested in running for the ireland job ,elections start in a few days ,i think those on boards.ie should decide on a canditate and give him our total support,i also think its well time , the inner circle of the offsite who control who gets the job is wrong and needs to be broken so come on guys put yer name forward
    ha greyhound you want to break down the "inner circle" by creating another inner circle gas

in zim weve no candidates coming forward either, its a lot of work. we had a team based system last time aswell and we did very well.

• Advertisement

seanand wrote: »
    ha greyhound you want to break down the "inner circle" by creating another inner circle gas

in zim weve no candidates coming forward either, its a lot of work. we had a team based system last time aswell and we did very well.

No ,i dont want any type of inner circle ,i just want the best canditate to get the job

No ,i dont want any type of inner circle ,i just want the best canditate to get the job

Right now any candidate is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

i think the 'double international' season they introduced a few seasons back was a big mistake. Its increased the workload on intl managers too much. Even with a team its a lot of work.

I think you'll see (espec in the smaller nations) managers running unopposed. Could be a danger that some foreign manager takes over and deliberately trys to drive the team into the ground (not saying it will happen, but theres a danger it could)

GH you have my vote if you run (might take your eye off our league :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Yeah I know what you mean, there are very few people that can afford to commit the time required to really do the job justice.

It also devalues winning the Tier 1 since there is a new one basically every month. The world cup is great though all the same, love checking through all the games looking at all the upsets.

ha ha ,daheff ,thats a good plan you got there,but ur right about the 2 season in one its a pure balls

• Advertisement

So I'm in the hot seat again, my missus will be delighted:D is anyone here interested in becoming an assitant? I have two already and ideally I'd like guys who really are eager to learn and pretty much have future ambitions of coaching the NT team. As an assistant you now have access to see all players skills and even set lineups and tactics so you also run the risk of being scapegoat when we lose.... lol I swear somebody screwed up my tactics;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Phonehead wrote: »
    So I'm in the hot seat again, my missus will be delighted:D is anyone here interested in becoming an assitant? I have two already and ideally I'd like guys who really are eager to learn and pretty much have future ambitions of coaching the NT team. As an assistant you now have access to see all players skills and even set lineups and tactics so you also run the risk of being scapegoat when we lose.... lol I swear somebody screwed up my tactics;)

who are the scapegoats..... i mean assistants! :D

Johnnybegood & Chipanmike

dont know johonnybegood but chimpanmike seems smart

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

i'd love to Wex, but couldn't commit to the time needed. but if you need a dig out give me a mail and I will see if can help out!

Also I have no aspirations of becoming NT!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Oh crap. I didn't log in and somehow got the journo job. Hope the Indo don't mind me double-jobbing!

Advertisement