Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpenter in Sligo

Options
  • 09-10-2013 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Anyone suggest a good carpenter in Sligo? Looking to hang a few doors. Anyone any idea roughly what it's likely to cost per door?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Neil O'Connell is doing well for himself in town. Think he's on facebook under NOC Carpentry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 chuda

i would highly recommend liam lynch at creative carpentry, his number is 0872135977

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Neil O'Connell is doing well for himself in town. Think he's on facebook under NOC Carpentry.

Just don't ask him about putting in new jambs,,,a new door. Job's not big enough for him..

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishLad2012

thebuzz wrote: »
    Anyone suggest a good carpenter in Sligo? Looking to hang a few doors. Anyone any idea roughly what it's likely to cost per door?
    All depends on the size of the door, if its a standard 1800 x 900 door, then you would expect to pay around €60 or €70 a door, I have the number of a few Carpenters in Sligo area,PM for more details.

IMO if its only a couple of doors, you could probably get a 3/4th year apprentice who would be just as cheap and keen for the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

"I have the number of a few Carpenters in Sligo area,PM for more details."

I'm in need of contact details myself; can I avail of them too, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

chuda wrote: »
    i would highly recommend liam lynch at creative carpentry, his number is 0872135977

Liam is very tasty, but you gotta talk turkey if you don't want to get rotated.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭glaswegian

?????:confused:

I think you mean Roasted? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

IMO if its only a couple of doors, you could probably get a 3/4th year apprentice who would be just as cheap and keen for the work.
    Any idea how/where to find them?

Having trouble getting a response from some carpenters I've contacted.

Any idea how/where to find them?

Having trouble getting a response from some carpenters I've contacted.
    If you contact FAS they may be able to help.I have a number of an established carpenter who might be able to help. If you are paying the going rate you should have no problem getting someone but if you are looking to pay peanuts, you will get a monkey.

• Advertisement

If you contact FAS they may be able to help.I have a number of an established carpenter who might be able to help. If you are paying the going rate you should have no problem getting someone but if you are looking to pay peanuts, you will get a monkey.
    I am paying the going rate. Can you PM that carpenters name/number please, or post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Hi Guys

Can anyone recommend plasterers / electricians / plumbers in Sligo??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

For what type of work, renovation,new build etc? What part of the county?
    For electricians you'll have to check http://www.reci.ie/ConsumerServices/FindanElectrician.aspx and http://www.ecssa.ie/find_contractor.html to get names of registered contractors who can certify their work.
    Chadwicks, Heatmerchants or any plumbing suppliers should be able to give you names of plumbers in your area if you give them a call.
    It's best to look for names of past customers so you can give them a call and see if their work,reliability,attitude, customer relations etc is up to standard.

It's a partially built house, so I would need contractors to start at 2nd fixings. Looking for people in Sligo. Checked out those websites got a few names on it I can give them a call. Will continue to ask for recommendations from people too, thanks.

FoxyVixen wrote: »

Had arranged to meet this guy last Tuesday at 7pm, he never showed up, not even a text to say he couldn't make it, very unprofessional, I won't be phoning him again so he may have lost out on a couple of grand

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

You should try Woodworks. Contact Martin on 0879166058.

Had arranged to meet this guy last Tuesday at 7pm, he never showed up, not even a text to say he couldn't make it, very unprofessional, I won't be phoning him again so he may have lost out on a couple of grand
    Never got back to me either after calling down to his shop and discussing the job with a member of staff which they said they'd have done within a week. Doesn't seem to value his customers.

Bad form. Doesn't deserve customers. That type of thing gets all tradesmen a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

red sean wrote: »
    Bad form. Doesn't deserve customers. That type of thing gets all tradesmen a bad name.

What goes around comes around.....

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Poor form that all right and then these tradesmen cry of things been hard work is slow.i always say get the person that values your custom no matter how big or small the job.

• Advertisement

Never got back to me either after calling down to his shop and discussing the job with a member of staff which they said they'd have done within a week. Doesn't seem to value his customers.

So I'm not the only one. I was very annoyed over it, ended up waiting around all evening for a phone call from him. All he needed to do was sent a text to say he couldn't make it

Well I'll never ring him again, obviously has enough work and doesn't need anymore

Anyone heard of or used Koopmans Construction for carpentry work before?

Sorry no I haven't... normally in Sligo you'd hear about these people, we are only a small county after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

shanec1928 wrote: »
    That only relates to when the Co. went Ltd.
    I've seen the vans around for a few years now. Very professional website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

We got a lad from Sligo to do all our work, new build so all interior timberwork. He done a few other bits while he was here like bathroom fixtures and a bit of tiling so we saved a bit of cash. His work was all spot on too. John on 087-6616858

Advertisement