Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

licence refused

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

hfallada wrote: »
    OP one of the basic principles of a contact is legality of form.eg a contract most be legal. It's not legal for you to own a gun therefore there is no contract with you and the dealer. I would try and resolve the issue with him again as the small claims court could take for ever

It is legal for him to own the gun it is not legal for him to have it in his possession, Thats not the dealers fault. Not that it is right what he is doing, But he could have sold it to someone else in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

hfallada wrote: »
    OP one of the basic principles of a contact is legality of form.eg a contract most be legal. It's not legal for you to own a gun therefore there is no contract with you and the dealer

Thats just bad advise and not true. If i buy a car and in the mean time before i pick it up loose my liscence for lets say drink driving, i cant drive that car but i can certainly own it. This is the exact same situation

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

marleyd1 wrote: »
    Im looking for some advice please

I bought a gun but was refused a licence and the gun dealer is saying he is under no obligation to refund the money because it is paid in full. does he have a right to do this? and can you legally own a gun without a licence?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Who is the dealer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭TriggerPL

Yea I think we all want to know that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

What's the point in nameing the dealer. A few days now with no reply from the op. With a few question asked that would of been nice if they were answered.

I wonder what messing went on with the dealer.

Look what the dealer is doing isn't right but its not wrong. We don't know the T&C's the gun was bought under. And after all the gun was paid for in full so maybe the paper work is done an all as far as the dealer is concerned.
    W

• Advertisement
Advertisement