Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAE September 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

9.30!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Website down ffs

The results were so bad CAI packed it in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I wonder the website crashing is that an IMP indicator.

Anyone get in

Little Pea wrote: »
    I wonder the website crashing is that an IMP indicator.

Nice!

Page could not be loaded
    The link you specified does not work. This may either be the result of temporary maintenance or an incorrect link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Can someone post the examiners report and statistics?

Not out till this afternoon the report

Or the results by the look of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Aidodub87

They're published!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭bikeman1

First one to post their result is gay

I'm gay, so for lads who are a little unsure of their sexuality, I can post first!!

Joking aside, what's up with the site. I give the Institute a NC yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

BOOM! HC :D Delira

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭PhilipLuke

What time zone are Chartered Accountants operating under?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Layla12389

Is it under the assessment tab or the FAE tab? Having trouble here

BOOM! HC :D Delira

Hard luck

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭thumbelinda

are the results published under the Assessment Tab or the FAE tab on the results page?

assessment tab but takes an age to load up due to heavy traffic!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Debs23

Assessment tab

• Advertisement

Trying to load the website reminds me of dial up internet days

• Registered Users Posts: 39 JoanH

Assessment page takes ages to load. But I just mine. RC - I suppose I should be delighted. It's one up from my NC last year.

EVERYONE GET OFF THE FACKING SITE, LET ME IN!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

Got RC. I can't say that I am not disappointed with that. I thought I would have at least got a C. Ah well, nothing I can do now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Trying to load the website reminds me of dial up internet days

It's reminding me of my teenage years and 'buffering'.

Progress, have successfully logged in

• Advertisement

if its this slow on the morning in November, I may have a heart attack

RC

• Registered Users Posts: 46 katieanne56

RC thank goodness! Thought I had a NC for sure, relieved to have a 'Start on Sufficiency' for PM in September. Still think the AAFRP this year was far too difficult compared to previous and study materials though, something totally not right about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭donnem33

where do we find our results on the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭PhilipLuke

RC aswell here! Happy with that considering the exam but pissed off because I had so much work put in and I know I would have got C or HC in any of the last three years after practicing those exams, except maybe 2011 I think that was tough but still reckon it was easier than this years!

Very unfair that Chartered Accountants cannot set a bar for themselves in terms of exams. I mean if you compare the amount of reading in ours to other years it was ridiculous.

• Advertisement

With RC do you need C in all PM indicators to pass? Cant even explain to people asking me how I got on what it means. Any one with any advice on how to improve fr from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭acastudent

RC . Happy with that , I guess ;)

RC, disappointed considering the work I put into it.

Bit deflating going forward now

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭LOccitane

Got HC...! :-)

Cannot believe it after that paper! The delay on the site is uncalled for... Very frustrating for everyone waiting :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭littlemiss123

I got C! Definitely wasn't expecting that one....

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lydia123

With RC do you need C in all PM indicators to pass? Cant even explain to people asking me how I got on what it means. Any one with any advice on how to improve fr from here.

Email sent on Wdnesday explained it quite well:

•AAFRP is worth one Performance Measurement (PM) indicator for FAE Core.

•PM has a weighting of 20% to 25% in FAE Core. Typically that means you would expect to see 4 or 5 indicators in total for this area in the exam – including AAFRP.

•For “Sufficiency”, students are adjudicated on their overall performance across ALL indicators. NA/NC does not attract any value in this respect. Value is attributed to “RC” with a higher value for “C” and “HC”. (Typically, “HC” does not get a higher value than “C”. “HC” is used when looking at “top 10” and at marginal cases).

•For “Depth”, students are adjudicated on their overall performance in each of BL and PM. Typically the FAE Board will look at the number of times a student reaches “C” or higher in each of these areas. The FAE Board agrees its benchmark and compares each student’s result to that benchmark. The benchmark is not disclosed outside of the FAE Board, but reasonable guidance has been given that the benchmark couldn’t be 100% of the indicators (ex: 5 “C”s from 5 indicators) as this would be unreasonable in an examination context. Equally, it is probably unlikely to be 1/4 or 1/5, as this would typically be considered to be too low to measure “depth”. The FAE Board aims for a reasonable standard, given the case scenarios, complexity, level of detail and time available to students.

•Students who get “RC” in the AAFRP assessment have a “start” on “sufficiency” for the overall exam.

•Students who get a “C” or higher in the AAFRP assessment have a “start” on Sufficiency and Depth for the overall exam.

•Students who get an “NC” or “NA” will not have that “start” for the overall exam. However, it is important to remember that AAFRP is just one indicator – and is no different to getting/missing a single indicator in the main exam. Whilst important, it cannot result in an overall fail any more than any one of the other indicators on the exam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

RC, was really hoping for the C :(

Wow congrats LOccitane, that's absolutely amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Got a HC, refreshed the page about 10 times expecting it to change but nope still there!

I'm literally in shock, section 2 for me was awful, I barely even started the third question but yeah not going to complain anymore

I still don't actually know what my result means though....I just don't understand what is wrong with percentages!

• Advertisement

Great job to Littlemiss123 too, well done!

LOccitane wrote: »
    Got HC...! :-)

Cannot believe it after that paper! The delay on the site is uncalled for... Very frustrating for everyone waiting :-/

Same here, I think that warrants a day off the study :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

So if there's 5 PM indicators, we need 3 C's to be safe. God I really hope they go easy on us in the exam with PM now. Feels like getting RC in AAFRP 'wastes' an indicator and just makes the exam itself tougher to pass

Honestly I'm surprised any one at all got an HC that paper seemed far too time pressured to make it possible, yet there are 3 folks here alone who did it. Makes me really frustrated with how much time I took in preparing for the thing only to get an RC. Really gotta work harder, I guess. Any of you Cs and HCs got any great tips for the rest of us mere mortals? :)

maninblack wrote: »
    So if there's 5 PM indicators, we need 3 C's to be safe. God I really hope they go easy on us in the exam with PM now. Feels like getting RC in AAFRP 'wastes' an indicator and just makes the exam itself tougher to pass

Sure the motto of the institute is to make life as hard as possible for the students...

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

I still don't actually know what my result means though....I just don't understand what is wrong with percentages!

Yeah I'd love to see the percentages or what you need to get into each category, would make things much easier to understand

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭iwishihadaname

I know I should probably know this at this stage, but how does RC, C, HC etc tie in with green, yellow or red indicators? I fear I'll never understand this marking scheme!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 heathcliff101

Got HC too........in complete shock! Well done to everyone, one indicator down 17 (ish) to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

Got HC too somehow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Aidodub87

Really don't know how I got a HC. ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Advertisement