Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAE September 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Being doing all elective stuff so far as I think I could give that exam a good go on Thurs.

Goal for the core - pass the audit indicators :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭barbie_j

Would anyone has Step to Success audit eletive question & sol?
    any help is much appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

FAE STEPS - AAAE Sim Case Study 2014.pdf

FAE STEPS - AAAE Sim Suggested Solution 2014.pdf

barbie_j wrote: »

FAE STEPS - AAAE Sim Case Study 2014.pdf

FAE STEPS - AAAE Sim Suggested Solution 2014.pdf

thanks so much hun:) you made my day :p

Would anyone by any chance has ' Darling & Company : facing future challenges' and ' Stationery products' solutions? they are the cases in MABF book and discussed by Derry Cotter, I couldn't find the solutions ;-(

Many thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Accountant81

barbie_j wrote: »

If there is an Audit Elective steps to success case study, is there also then an APM one? And if so does anyone have a copy of it, and the solution please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

What are people bringing into the mocks?

If there is an Audit Elective steps to success case study, is there also then an APM one? And if so does anyone have a copy of it, and the solution please?

Doh! Never mind! I found it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭littlemiss123

Day 1 of study leave and I have NO idea where to start!! It was easy for CAP 2 - you just worked your way through each session! My plan of action is to cover technical material first, then cases, so I'm debating using the competency statement as a guideline study plan?

Day 1 of study leave and I have NO idea where to start!! It was easy for CAP 2 - you just worked your way through each session! My plan of action is to cover technical material first, then cases, so I'm debating using the competency statement as a guideline study plan?

I think definitely use the competency statement to help guide you. I am still doing technical stuff. Working my way through the last of the audit notes at the moment, have most of the tax book done and I'm planning to continue with technical stuff til mid July but will do some cases also. After that I'm going to blitz the cases and where I come across technical stuff I don't know I will go back over them. Hoping that will be enough to get me over the line!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭WeeDeee

acastudent wrote: »
    Hey do you still need these solutions ?

yes please

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭acastudent

WeeDeee wrote: »
    yes please

sorry only managed to find these two but as soon as I locate another two I will post them here for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

for mocks I have about 6 folders, no idea whats in them really though

• Registered Users Posts: 39 lowenstein

Hi hows everyone getting on with the study? first post here, have been off on study leave for 3 weeks but feel ive gotten no where! didnt go to any lectures (legend) so got a real shock at the start and find myself going over loads of cap 2 stuff just to get up to speed. feeling abit in over my head now at the moment but got a c in aafrp. would i be right to say if you got a green in PM & BL and yellow in everything else youd pass?

You pass with all yellows

Really? thats a bit more acheivable anyway. Thanks for that, was starting to lose the head abit looking at these suggested solutions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

lowenstein wrote: »
    Hi hows everyone getting on with the study? first post here, have been off on study leave for 3 weeks but feel ive gotten no where! didnt go to any lectures (legend) so got a real shock at the start and find myself going over loads of cap 2 stuff just to get up to speed. feeling abit in over my head now at the moment but got a c in aafrp. would i be right to say if you got a green in PM & BL and yellow in everything else youd pass?

I feel like I'm looking in a mirror! Going to do absolutely brutal in these MOCKS based on the fact that I looked at my first case and suggested solution today, should be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Debs23

TheDoctor wrote: »
    You pass with all yellows

Is yellow competent or reaching competent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

Debs23 wrote: »
    Is yellow competent or reaching competent?

Hey, it is described in this document they released for the 2013 results.

So now I understand it as well!!

It's in the feedback on level 2 part.

• Advertisement

mark_m360 wrote: »
    Hey, it is described in this document they released for the 2013 results.

So now I understand it as well!!

It's in the feedback on level 2 part.

I've never read so much rubbish in a serious document in my life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Does anyone have a summary of tax reliefs and conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Debs23

Could anyone tell me how to get the figures for direct cost of manufacture in the first indicator of primus pet foods?

Its probably staring me in the face!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭bikeman1

The best of luck to everyone tomorrow! I think it's going to be a BIG wake up call for a lot of us!

It will be a worthwhile exercise though.

Is anyone looking forward to it in a weird kinda way?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ASOT2012

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭acastudent

Yes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sup39

Is everyone bringing all their folders and books tomorrow? Feel like a fool bringing a load of stuff and walking out after an hour if i cant do anything?!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭blizzard13

Sup39 wrote: »
    Is everyone bringing all their folders and books tomorrow? Feel like a fool bringing a load of stuff and walking out after an hour if i cant do anything?!

ditto.....

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭LOccitane

bikeman1 wrote: »
    The best of luck to everyone tomorrow! I think it's going to be a BIG wake up call for a lot of us!

It will be a worthwhile exercise though.

Best of luck everyone...!

At this stage, it will be interesting to see what ''scenarios'' come up...

Even if you feel that you don't know the material, stay the course and give everything that you can a shot... You'll feel all the better for it. It is impossible to have covered all Topics to an in-depth level at this point.

Just packing all of the books and folders into a small suitcase here right now! :-P

Best of luck!!!

LOccitane

• Registered Users Posts: 12 NBA1998

Anyone got the full metal jacket solution? Or does anyone have the indicators identified so I know I am on the right track.

• Advertisement

Be great craic altogether tomorrow, writing rubbish for a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Sup39 wrote: »

Don't think I'm going to bother personally, will not get a chance to look through any of the books in the exam really and my notes aren't in any state for an exam, might just go in blind.

Not really expecting much to be honest, still really early into my study haven't even covered the elective at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

I'm bringing my summary folder which has every subject stripped down to the bare minimum, then the tax book, strategy book and audit.

real exam i'll bring everything, just don't see the point tomorrow

i think if i can spot all the indicators and make a decent stab at BL/PM as that's all I've studied til now, I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Aidodub87

maninblack wrote: »
    I'm bringing my summary folder which has every subject stripped down to the bare minimum, then the tax book, strategy book and audit.

real exam i'll bring everything, just don't see the point tomorrow

i think if i can spot all the indicators and make a decent stab at BL/PM as that's all I've studied til now, I'll be happy.

How have you been studying BL?

NBA1998 wrote: »
    Anyone got the full metal jacket solution? Or does anyone have the indicators identified so I know I am on the right track.

The institute said the solution would be up by COB today but it's not up yet as far as I can tell

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭thumbelinda

Does anyone have a summary of tax reliefs and conditions

Hi Autumnbelle, I have this tax thing that I found from last year - i have not verified it in any way but it might be a good starting point for you if you want to PM me your email address and I will forward it to you.

This may be a silly question but what are the pages on the right hand side of the answer book for, the ones with all the lines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

This may be a silly question but what are the pages on the right hand side of the answer book for, the ones with all the lines?

Drawing penises

Fair enough

any thoughts on the mocks? foolishly thought id do a bit of study after but im f*cked after it, making up rubbish for 4 hours takes its toll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Aidodub87

It's actually usually used for planning ur answers, markers will look at it and take into consideration and possibly rough work

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

any thoughts on the mocks? foolishly thought id do a bit of study after but im f*cked after it, making up rubbish for 4 hours takes its toll.

Thought it was a tough paper, need to seriously get the head down for financial reporting! The strategy indicator was slight confusing didn't really know what to do with it! It's the kick up the ass needed I think!

Aidodub87 wrote: »
    It's actually usually used for planning ur answers, markers will look at it and take into consideration and possibly rough work

Never seen it before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

Consolidation didn't go down well, and strategy was ok but a bit confusing. Yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I thought it was a fair enough paper to be honest - Really kicked me up the backside for FR though !!! very tough and a lot of work needed to get the C in FR....

Anyone spot a finance indicator ? I didnt and would like to hear those that did, your views on it

ya was a bit weird in that thought id be sitting in there not being able to write anything but ended up writting a good bit, just dont know if its right. didt answer the corp governance or the strategy implementation unfortunately and didnt have a clue what to do with deferred tax

So on that strategy indicator, did anyone go down the line that doing a strategy plan for an audit client would breach ES5 - taking on a management role.

i wrote a small bit about a market valuation if they wanted to go public but there wasnt alot of info i.e no p/e ratio so it was kind of spoof

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭LOccitane

I thought it was an 'alright' paper overall but the volume was very high..

FIN REP was a disaster in terms of the Consolidation.. I thought that was unduly difficult. Definitely did very badly in that.

Found 8 indicators overall if the Deferred Tax issue is counted separate to that of the Consolidation generally. I didn't find any Finance indicators...

LOccitane

• Advertisement

So there's 2 finance indicators tomorrow, and since there was only 1 audit there's another 2 tomorrow

Advertisement