Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAE September 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Didn't know that.

Might go retro and wait till half 8 for the post!!

You would know before then anyway, because of people from the firm texting you etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

I plan to turn off my phone Thursday night. Don't want the text of "they're up.. how did you do?" to be what wakes me. It'll probably be a sleepless night anyway.

I'm dreading the moment of logging in and searching for the pass or fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 daisy chain

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

Think I could just about cope with failing but the idea of being handed my notice on top of it, is pushing me over the edge!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭cian twomey

the fact that the results are out on Friday really hit me this weekend, really feeling the pressure long week ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭barbie_j

it will be a tough week alright! enjoy the last 4 days folks, try Not to Predict anything! Gosh, think I need to watch braveheart again during the week....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

FREEDOM!!!!!!

Daisy03 wrote: »
    I plan to turn off my phone Thursday night. Don't want the text of "they're up.. how did you do?" to be what wakes me. It'll probably be a sleepless night anyway.

I'm dreading the moment of logging in and searching for the pass or fail.

Daisy03 you're absolutely right! last year i got those texts, then found out I failed Both:(:(

It will be a sleepless night and I can't agree More!!

FREEDOM!!!!!!

haha, to die for it!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭littlemiss123

It's gonna be a long 4 days....

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

So what time are we actually expecting the results to go up on Friday?

• Advertisement

And so the week begins!!

It was very early last year, about 6am I think

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭GR3YFOXXX

4 sleeps...

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

GR3YFOXXX wrote: »
    4 sleeps...

Shut up lol

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMEEEDDDDDD!

And so the week begins!!

It was very early last year, about 6am I think

That's very early! Although to be fair, it's not like I'm really going to sleep anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 FAEfirsttimer

Lads, dont know how ye all feel but I just a sudden fear this morning. My stomach is in knots.

Had planned to not think about it until Thursday evening but the talk in the office has me feeling physically ill

Yes I have luckily enough been able to schedule training for Tues and Thurs this week, meaning I'll be out of the office both of these days and away from all the fuss that would drive me mad

Lads, dont know how ye all feel but I just a sudden fear this morning. My stomach is in knots.

Had planned to not think about it until Thursday evening but the talk in the office has me feeling physically ill

^^ This is exactly how I feel. I have managed not to think about it too much and was going to ignore it until thursday but it hit me big time this morning and I can hardly eat I feel so sick. 4 days of feeling like this :(:(

^^ This is exactly how I feel. I have managed not to think about it too much and was going to ignore it until thursday but it hit me big time this morning and I can hardly eat I feel so sick. 4 days of feeling like this :(:(

We should all book a room in the institute and cry together at this stage :) how the hell am I supposed to focus on work this week.

Anyways, to change the subject, ye all have a good weekend? Its almost Christmas. Have to start writing my letter to Santa soon, def more important

Friday can't come soon enough!!!

• Advertisement

Friday can't come soon enough!!!

I think im happier not knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭acastudent

Not sure which is worst wait for the whole year for repeats or face work with such embarrassing news :(

Things are getting serious now. The institute have posted their what to expect on the day of results page on website. roughly 100 hrs to go :)

acastudent wrote: »
    Not sure which is worst wait for the whole year for repeats or face work with such embarrassing news :(

Defo the work part!!!!

Defo the work part!!!!

Lads if you fail, and you feel you done all you can then hold your Heads up high. It doesn't reflect that your dumb or anything, if something doesn't go our way just be proud of yourself if you know you give it everything. These tests are designed to be tough, can't just give it away like. That's what I will tell myself on Friday should I fail. No matter what it is going to be ourselves that pick ourselves up to carry on next year, no one else will do it

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭iwishihadaname

Are we there yet?! :(

No and put your seatbelt back on

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rose26

Trying to focus on work but keep getting a sudden feeling of butterflies in my stomach and I remember what's ahead of me on Friday. The sheer embarrassment of coming into work on Monday if it doesn't go well. just looking at appeals procedure and cant believe its 60e just to get someone to tot a few numbers on the calculator!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭LOccitane

Getting all consumed with worry now; it's genuinely becoming impossible to think about much anything else.

The referenced time of 08.00 - what do people reckon; will the results actually be released earlier?

• Advertisement

It was close to 6am last year

It was close to 6am last year

Oh crap.. thats less than 3 days :(

Just think lads, we are all panicking like crazy and our results are sitting, ready to be posted in the institute right now. I hate that thought, knowing that someone could in reality put me out of my misery and allow me to the use of my brain back.

It will be upon us very quickly, hopefully we all get what we deserve :)

they've prob been sitting there for weeks, I still don't understand why its taken over two months to give out the results, its really cruel keeping us waiting for so long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Is anyone else starting to feel physically sick at the tought of getting their results on Friday?

I am never like this before results, but I am a nervous wreck! I cannot concentrate in work properly. The tought of having to go back and start again.

The very best of luck to everyone for Friday.

ive had a sick stomach since sunday! wont be able to eat all day thursday! the frustrating thing is anyone whos not doing these exams doesn't understand how hard they are and how easy it is to fail them and how tricky it is to pass, everyone around me keeps saying, "sure course youll get them, your clever" and things like "youll fly them"! when in reality these exams are not a reflection of how clever you are or how much study you did, it is all down to exam technique and pot luck on the day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

Pass rate prediction for core: 69% (decrease of 5%)

• Advertisement

Pass rate prediction for core: 69% (decrease of 5%)

This based on anything or just a random guess?

If its a random guess, i would expect it to remain around the 74% mark. Hoping the First Time pass rate for Audit increases from 70% though

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭LOccitane

This based on anything or just a random guess?

If its a random guess, i would expect it to remain around the 74% mark. Hoping the First Time pass rate for Audit increases from 70% though

I would expect the Audit (AAE) pass rate to go down along with the CORE pass rate being slightly down as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I predict an 80% pass rate, and Audit Elective to drop to 65%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭bikeman1

I would be a rich man if I got €10 for every person who said to me, "Sure you will pass no problem, you're a clever guy"!!!

That does nothing to help matters!

myshirt wrote: »

Not a chance mate, I don't know what planet you're on.

The tax elective and apm pass rates are way too high, they could drop them back and they would sill keep overall pass rate near 60%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭iwishihadaname

I predict a 95% pass rate across the board cos CAI are so sound xoxo

Any more predictions and we'll have to open a book.

Any more predictions and we'll have to open a book.

I'd prefer to read that than a continuous commentary on how a person is feeling or how long it is till the results. Not being harsh but if you're going to fail on Friday, you'll have plenty of time then for feeling crap.

Rose26 wrote: »
    they've prob been sitting there for weeks, I still don't understand why its taken over two months to give out the results, its really cruel keeping us waiting for so long!

They can count the votes in a U.S Presidential Election in no time. But FAE, no.
    There should be enough brains up there to figure out a way of getting the results back quicker. But personally, I think the timing is strategic and not going to change. Nothing untoward, just the nature of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FAE14

I'd prefer to read that than a continuous commentary on how a person is feeling or how long it is till the results. Not being harsh but if you're going to fail on Friday, you'll have plenty of time then for feeling crap.

I reckon the pass rate for the Core will be same as it is every year 73-75%. Now the AAA elective is a different story - People need to realise that the AAA exam this year was a BEAST !!!! I reckon that will drop to 2011 levels.

They have changed the competency statement this year also. So there's an additional kick in the stones for good measure if repeating.

FAE14 wrote: »
    I reckon the pass rate for the Core will be same as it is every year 73-75%. Now the AAA elective is a different story - People need to realise that the AAA exam this year was a BEAST !!!! I reckon that will drop to 2011 levels.

I dont know. The exam was tough, very wordly but they didnt test anything that had not previously appeared (from my knowledge) it was more so the structure of it was bad.

I cant see them allowing the rates to drop to under 60% again, I really cant especially as the other electives everyone seemed to come out saying that was the best exam they had. Surely somethings got to give

Paul did mention we would be getting a hammering on audit this year.

m1ck007 wrote: »
    Paul did mention we would be getting a hammering on audit this year.

Why? Did they think it was too easy in the past or something? I was surprised by the gap between the 2014 Mock and final exam for Audit, surely the decision was made prior to the mocks to increase the standard as opposed to after it.

If Paul and the rest were aware that the standard would be 'higher' then why not prepare us with a mock of equal difficulty?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭arnie_ni

Yea the wait for results is a farce tbh. Possibly strategic in that people would complain about lack of repeats if we got them wiwithin a month, mid October say.

Could easily be sitting repeats before xmas if they were out that early.

• Advertisement
Advertisement