Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAE September 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

Passed the audit elective, decile 3. Passed the core last year. So delighted to be finally free. Hard luck to anyone who didn't get one or both. Know how it feels having failed the elective last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ChrisROI

Have been reading these posts for the last weeks but making my first post. Gutted wouldn't even describe how I feel. Got sufficiency 0 in core and failed on tax, really not sure how though. Worst of all, I went from decile 1 in audit mock to 9 in the exam. I Don't even know how to explain it other than i must have blew up on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lamhnse

Can someone post a link as to where you can check results? I tried the student portal but it is saying access denied

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Nermal

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭TooLate

Just looked at my breakdown

Yellow in PM, Audit, Tax
    Green IMP, Finance, BL

No clue how I got a green in BL, feel like my AAFRP result also was the only reason I passed PM

Got Yellow in PM, Audit, BL, Tax, Finance
    Green in IMP

Taught I would have need a green in PM and BL to pass but not the case

• Registered Users Posts: 46 katieanne56

I am beside myself, somehow I passed! I cannot believe it. Thank you so much to all of you on these boards for being constant companions over the last three years. Pass rates are the worst ever this year I think so to those who didn't get it this time, don't be too hard on yourselves, from all the past papers I did during study leave (and I did just about all of them!) our year's FAE papers were the worst. I wish all of you nothing but the best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LoveTheAudit

Any way - make what you want of my story

4th time sitting core, got audit elective first time round.

Year 1: Red in PM
    Year 2: Red in tax
    Year 3: All yellows, sufficiency 1 so failed
    Today: Red in audit

Enjoy the irony of my username, and f&ck you institute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Lowest FAE pass rates in history

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Torres999

Everyone told me to stay away from Audit elective, why the fack didnt I listen

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭iwishihadaname

Passed! Decile 1 in both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭WhatYaSay

Somehow managed to pass Core, in shock here. More than what I could've hoped for yesterday so I'll take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Torres999

Early house now and ill surface sometime Monday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭LOccitane

So many of my good friends have failed today; these results have taken a nosedive from last year... That is a total reflection on the Institute. The level of difficulty of these exams compared to prior years especially regarding the AAA was a disgrace.

I got 3Ys and yet still got Decile 1 - I think that says it all!

The relief right now is just amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

Can't wait to go into work now and mention that I failed on information management principles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭littlemiss123

Getting straight down to the $$$$$....does anyone know do smaller firms generally give FAE bonuses?

What do the bigger firms get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

The exams aren't ment to be easy and I can understand the pass rates but people failing on imp is shocking when it's not in it next year :(

Getting straight down to the $$$$$....does anyone know do smaller firms generally give FAE bonuses?

No mine don't and back into work today! :)

No mine don't and back into work today! :)

I took the day off but I'd nearly go in just so I can do a dance around the office :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭galway321

I passed!!! Still don't believe it, I Keep refreshing the results page on the institute website just to make sure! Well done everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭arnie_ni

galway321 wrote: »
    I passed!!! Still don't believe it, I Keep refreshing the results page on the institute website just to make sure! Well done everyone

I screenshotted it in case my letter says something different

arnie_ni wrote: »

Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭arnie_ni

Me too!

Such paranoia ha

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Accountant81

Somehow I passed! Decile 3 in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭galway321

Just screens shotted mine now too! It's such a relief.

Only plans for today are lunch, bonus check collection and a beverage or two :D

Sounds like the best day ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭GR3YFOXXX

Passed both!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 jny107

Passed core on second attempt. Decile 2. Absolutely hysterical!!!

Extra well done to those who passed on a subsequent sitting, the pass rates for them are not in your favour

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Conaldo87

jny107 wrote: »
    Passed core on second attempt. Decile 2. Absolutely hysterical!!!

I'm the same but decile 3, some relief :)

• Advertisement

Just screens shotted mine now too! It's such a relief.

Yeah one or two........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Is the top 10 overall posted anywhere or the success list?

qwabercd wrote: »
    Is the top 10 overall posted anywhere or the success list?

Don't think I'll be needing to check this haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 b104t

Thats bollocks, did you pick up imp in the second case? Patent protection etc? Because I didn't answer the imp on day 1 but day 2 i talked about patent protection, swapping the name of the patent into the company rather than the dudes name etc. But it wasn't a clear indicator.

Thought imo was very harsh

Honestly can't remember to be honest. Don't think there's any point repeating, like got decile 0 but repeats never seem to make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

b104t wrote: »
    Honestly can't remember to be honest. Don't think there's any point repeating, like got decile 0 but repeats never seem to make a difference.

I failed last year on PM got a decile of 6 sufficiency of 0, this year same decile and sufficiency and failed on IMP!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 b104t

Thats bollocks, did you pick up imp in the second case? Patent protection etc? Because I didn't answer the imp on day 1 but day 2 i talked about patent protection, swapping the name of the patent into the company rather than the dudes name etc. But it wasn't a clear indicator.

Thought imo was very harsh

Honestly can't remember to be honest. Don't think there's any point repeating, like got sufficiency 0 but repeats never seem to make a difference.

Read my core and elective results the wrong way around *facepalm*! Got decile 1 in the core :D can't believe it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Well done to everyone who passed and comisserations to all who failed.

Just know every last one of ye gave it your all and it might have been just something small on the day that threw you. Take comfort in the knowledge that you know the course and have the information and that next year the determination and hard work will pay off !!

Hold your head high whether you passed or failed you've all given it 100% the last few months and that's all you can do at the end of the day !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TonyT837

Failed core on IMP as well :( Got sufficiency of 0 but can't see me appealing - never seems to help anyone from past experience. They really rip the bag with remark and information costs!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 PG1234

Need some advice....Core exam got docile 7 & sufficiency 0...

One red indicator for auditing. Am wondering is it worth appealing or am I better off spending the €56 in the pub???

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lydia123

Board report is up!
    Can't link it here because I'm a new user apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

Failed elective but was expected as lost all interest in audit last year! Will be doing APM next year.

Passed core so delighted with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 daisy chain

failed core, first attempt, in to collect my notice on Monday, absolutely devastated :(

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭PhilipLuke

Got all yellows, failed with sufficiency 2, decile ranking 8, ruptured a disk in my back three weeks before the exam and still sat them!!

Sometimes **** happens!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

Congrats to everyone that passed. I had a good laugh on here during the exams, maybe if I spent more time learning about that subject imp - you know the one that the institute thought was so important that they just lifted it from the whole course - I might be in better form right now. Anyway, I'm going to steer clear of overused cliches and say simply that I hope all of you who are in the same boat do better next year and those who passed enjoy your day.

Side note - appeal process?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 jkiamasnake

Congrats to everyone that passed. I had a good laugh on here during the exams, maybe if I spent more time learning about that subject imp - you know the one that the institute thought was so important that they just lifted it from the whole course - I might be in better form right now. Anyway, I'm going to steer clear of overused cliches and say simply that I hope all of you who are in the same boat do better next year and those who passed enjoy your day.

im in the same boat...except i failed the elective aswell. def not picking audit again next year! crazy the difference in pass rates in the elective!

so for those of us repeating..does any one know what we have to do next and how much it costs to repeat both?

All the info will be in your letter

For all those who failed, just remember one thing, at least you will be blessed with Dellboy's razor sharp wit next year too :D

You did give me many a laugh over the last 12 months!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭bikeman1

My firts attempt. Failed Core by a long shot which has surprised me as I felt I did well.

Passed Tax Elective, so I'm happy with that.

Really depressed having to put my life on hold for another year.

Congrats to those who passed, a great achievement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

For all those who failed, just remember one thing, at least you will be blessed with Dellboy's razor sharp wit next year too :D

You did give me many a laugh over the last 12 months!!

Haha thanks littlemiss, and well done on passing. I don't think I'll be returning to the 2015 thread though, but I'm glad I provided a source of humour during them tough times we had.

Now, what was on my POA again....

• Advertisement
Advertisement