Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAE September 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PG1234

Anybody know when we can expect to hear back from the institute on rechecked transcripts? I submitted before the end of November and still haven't heard a thing.

Surely can't take them that long if they are only recounting marks already given and not even re-reading the papers?????

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Torres999

PG1234 wrote: »
    Anybody know when we can expect to hear back from the institute on rechecked transcripts? I submitted before the end of November and still haven't heard a thing.

Surely can't take them that long if they are only recounting marks already given and not even re-reading the papers?????

Same here I applied right after the results for the elective recheck, don't know how it can take that long to count, that's assuming they even bother recounting them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

Torres999 wrote: »
    Same here I applied right after the results for the elective recheck, don't know how it can take that long to count, that's assuming they even bother recounting them

Were appeal results not supposed to be out before 19th December?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Eusebius

Extenuating circumstances appeals were December 19th. Clerical rechecks will be completed later this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Elective revision form sent in .... Bloody audit again ! BRING IT ON

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Good luck man!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭PhilipLuke

Does anyone have Paul Monahans email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭donnem33

Did anyone do the CGS AAFRP course with Liam Doran last year? Would you recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Aidodub87

donnem33 wrote: »
    Did anyone do the CGS AAFRP course with Liam Doran last year? Would you recommend it?

Yes der go, really breaks down the standards

Yeah it's good alright having said that I would concentrate mainly on Derrys Cotters launch notes as my material

• Advertisement

Yeah like when I say it was good I still got an NC ðŸ˜, but passed the core so feck it

• Registered Users Posts: 15 2014fae

The revision timetable still isn't up is it? Anyone know when we have to apply for exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lola89

2014fae wrote: »
    The revision timetable still isn't up is it? Anyone know when we have to apply for exams?

I contacted the institute last week and they told me the timetable would be provided upon enrolment, which I think is ridiculous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

Is everyone doing the revision course? I'm repeating the elective and to be honest can't see the point in doing it. I can get a friends log in details to get the notes/recorded lectures and I don't want to waste my time doing the mocks so don't think I'm gonna bother with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭zenith90

I'm looking to do an AAFRP revison course at some stage.

Is there much difference between the CGS course by Liam Doran and the ACA Revisions course by Christy Kearney from those that may have attended last year?

Will probably attend one but am flexible to attend either so not sure which of the two to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Melon head

I have enrolled in the revision course last week. I still cannot open the timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eiz3011

Torres999 wrote: »
    Yeah it's good alright having said that I would concentrate mainly on Derrys Cotters launch notes as my material

Can upload these please? Or point me to where they are on the student portal.

Thanks

eiz3011 wrote: »
    Can upload these please? Or point me to where they are on the student portal.

Thanks

They are on the website under pre Christmas notes, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eiz3011

They are on the website under pre Christmas notes, etc

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FAE2015

eiz3011 wrote: »
    Thanks

For the revision course, can I apply online or do I need to send in a form to the institute? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

FAE2015 wrote: »
    For the revision course, can I apply online or do I need to send in a form to the institute? Thanks in advance.

Closing date is friday.

Revision timetables are up on the student portal

Revision timetables are up on the student portal

Any chance you'd upload it?

FAE NEW Revision 2015 - Elective Advanced Audit and assurance.pdf

FAE NEW Revision 2015 - Dublin Core.pdf

Attached is the core and the audit elective timetables
    Any chance you'd upload it?

Have heard of a few people passing the core on either clerical recheck/extenuating circumstance. Really regret not getting mine checked now! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mintymac

Have heard of a few people passing the core on either clerical recheck/extenuating circumstance. Really regret not getting mine checked now! :(

I wouldn't have bothered I got my elective re checked and nothing came of it so I wouldn't stress out about it too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Got my results rechecked but no luck.

Have done the exam twice now. Missed out on revision course as I am undecided on my options.

Is it possible to do it a 3rd time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 Whoisin thehouse

Yes Applehunter, you can sit the FAE a 3rd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 eibhy123

hey I've signed up for the revision course looking to start a small case study group for revision people anyone want to meet up once a month and go through steps cases correcting each others cases pm me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭AB6891

Applehunter, I passed both 3rd time round so keep the faith, it can be done and it is all the sweeter.

Does anybody know how long it takes from the submission of the admission to membership document to them actually confirming to you that it is in order and that you are a member?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

AB6891 wrote: »
    Applehunter, I passed both 3rd time round so keep the faith, it can be done and it is all the sweeter.

Does anybody know how long it takes from the submission of the admission to membership document to them actually confirming to you that it is in order and that you are a member?

I sent in my application a few days before the closing date at end of November. I got an email from institute on 23rd Dec welcoming me to the institute, membership number etc.

Long wait for this bloody report !!!

Emailed them today. Out before 31st jan.

Emailed them today. Out before 31st jan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

What report is this?

• Advertisement

Tutorial report.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Tyrone2014

Well folks, just wondering if anyone has a summary of all core indicators. I have my own from last year, but I'm trying to improve the layout and would be grateful if someone could give me a copy of their template?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lydia123

Are some people still waiting on their tutorial report? Seems like they are being emailed out as and when they're ready, on an individual basis?

lydia123 wrote: »
    Are some people still waiting on their tutorial report? Seems like they are being emailed out as and when they're ready, on an individual basis?

Got mine last week. Basically told me i did **** on sim 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lydia123

Just heard back - those of us that applied for the tutorial reports in January will only get them in March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 mackers87

Received the 'tutorial report' for audit.

Complete ****e to be honest: barely any detail and still don't feel like I know what to do to improve.

It's not overly critical, apart from one indicator of which it was clear I'd missed. The rest just tends to say "could have gained higher marks by noting down more points" or else "you did well in this section".

Since getting my result, looking at the board report, and now receiving this - the only thing I feel I've learned (and I'd like to see if anyone else agrees/ disagrees) is that the whole "don't give list answers - think it through and give relevant well thought out critique ... quality over quantity" spiel that they give every year, is a complete lie. I think they mark it (audit at least) based on 'number of points noted'. And I think if you go in and copy down general lists, you have a higher chance of passing than if you spend time properly digesting the material and concentrating on the key issues.

Just look at that Group audit indicator - so much of the answer was completely irrelevant to the facts of the case.

I'm not trying to come across as if I'm giving out - I just want a realistic picture of how they're actually marking it. If it's lists of vaguely relevant bullet points they want - I'll happily give them it.

Does anyone know of any firms hiring part qualified accountants in the next month in Limerick or Cork with an excellent cv?

PhilipLuke wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any firms hiring part qualified accountants in the next month in Limerick or Cork with an excellent cv?

Grant thronton cork

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Glas134

Would anybody have Paul Monahan's email address? - thanks

Mode Edit

Oh Come on! This is not the place to publish a persons private email address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Guys, they sent around an email to 2013/14 students with all FAE notes in a zip pack.

And guess who didn't download them but thought they did :mad:
    Would anyone be as kind as to private mail me a link where I can get these off you? (Dropbox link or something) The original link from the institute expired after one week, and I remember thinking download those quick, but obviously did not!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Audit4Lyf

myshirt wrote: »
    Would anyone be as kind as to private mail me a link where I can get these off you? !

I have the these notes all downloaded, I'll try and get them to you tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FAE14

Can someone please help me : I am looking for the template that was released last year linking every audit indicator to the competency statement - I'm talking specifically for the elective ( AAE).

Anyone have the one from last year (2014 ) please.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TAA_ICAI

FAE14 wrote: »
    Can someone please help me : I am looking for the template that was released last year linking every audit indicator to the competency statement - I'm talking specifically for the elective ( AAE).

Anyone have the one from last year (2014 ) please.

I can't reattach but ... its in the attachments to this thread. You can get it by going to followed threads & click the attachment icon on the right hand side of this thread.

Can someone please put up the audit mapping document that was made available last year for the AAAE Cases.

I have misplaced mine :-(

• Advertisement
Advertisement