Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTC ATS 1000A Control Panel.....pros and cons

Options
  • 09-10-2013 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Security Installers Only.......UTC ATS 1000A Control Panel.....pros and con?

Have been Installers of Aritech products(CD 34, 72 95, CS 250) for many years and find their gear very reliable. About three years ago, we started using more HKC panel mainly because of the practicability of the on board wireless receiver. But recently we started using the ATS 1000A Panel. We have installed about 20 so far and are getting the hang of programming them. Just looking for feed back from fellow installers. The good and bads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I have three of them in and not a bother out of them. The keypads are nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

About 2 years ago we made a decision, anything wireless HKC anything wired ATS 1000. I agree very nice keypad and indeed one does have to do something with this panel that is not really necessary with HKC, that is to stop and think and use the brain power.

It does indeed take a bit of getting used to, the one gripe I have is why do the communicators have to send so much information to CS by default? I would prefer if GE made the option of turn the signal on if necessary. For example only earlier this evening a client rang me, on his site there is an 8/12 and ATS 1000, both different systems. The HKC keypad was beeping, he put in his code and it showed DMC LINE FAULT, and logged as this afternoon. Obviously Eircom were working in his vicinity. There was also a message on his phone to contact the CS as they had received a LINE FAULT RESET condition from the ATS, why? I mean its not Fort Knox.
    I know of another system we installed that was hammering in test calls every 4 hours to CS.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

Agreed on the keypad very sleek looking getting used to the programming. Its bit tricky when learning in 433 sensors and the 433 keyfob wont work easy with it either but so far so good no issues apart from when the wholesaler sold me the wrong version receiver for the panel it was an old version and cause issue but paddy in utc sorted it with a visit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

stuartkee wrote: »
    Agreed on the keypad very sleek looking getting used to the programming. Its bit tricky when learning in 433 sensors and the 433 keyfob wont work easy with it either but so far so good no issues apart from when the wholesaler sold me the wrong version receiver for the panel it was an old version and cause issue but paddy in utc sorted it with a visit

When it comes to the ATS1000 Paddy is your only man.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The best man for support and I know he browses around in here from time to time so he'll appreciate the compliments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Wire free keypad has some range. Have a few installed also. The programming does take some getting use too. The lads in UTC are more than helpful which is also a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ehealo

Yip, I'm enjoying the ATS so far. Something different, and good to use the auld head too. And I think the keypad is a winner with the customers also. Looks great at low light level. No tamper issues either!....(1070). The one thing that did catch us out was how to switch on the timed part-guard. Thanks Gary! And if you're in here Paddy, I'm still waiting for my cards and upgrade chips for HSE Head-Quaters Door Access System in Leitrim.

Advertisement