Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A possible Drogheda meetup, maybe?

• 09-10-2013 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

In a failed effort to find and be in the company of people like myself, I thought it might be an idea to start a meetup close to me. I know Drogheda is in no way like Dublin but I thought it might be a change, and also easier to those who live in the town or nearby that would like to attend but have not been able to. I know I'm an unknown newbie to this forum but it might be fun. Everyone is welcome, but would love atleast one female there so I won't be the only one. Anyways who would be interested in coming, sometime early november?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,212 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I would be interested.
    Just that between work, studying (and some concerts), my calendar is a bit full, so can't commit for sure.
    I will follow your thread and if you manage to arrange something, I will try to come along.
    btw, I am male.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 baileys3

While in Drogheda a few weeks back (mid sep) I logged onto the wonder App that is Grindr and got a message saying there was a gay night on in Planet on Trinity St every Friday. They stated they were a non-involved third party who just wanted to make people aware as anytime they'd gone it was pretty empty.

Ive tried to find out further details on line but dont see anything. Also Ive asked a few gay people I know who live in the town and theyd never heard of it. So if it does exist I wouldnt be surprised if it isnt doing well.

Anyway, if this message was for real it would seem there are some people out there interested in getting something going in the town. Maybe pop along to the Planet Bar on a Friday and see whats going on or ask the bar manager if there ever was such a night and suss out who the organisers were.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 20 baileys3

OK - a bit more digging and found this on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/events/402150223217869/

Not sure of what is currently going on though.

Advertisement