Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good value coal- delivered to Drogheda Area

Options
  • 09-10-2013 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

For the open fire, not stoves. Think its black diamond I usually get.

Anyone know of anyone doing any deals at the moment? Need to stock up.

Usually get 5 bags, 40 kg roughly E17 a bag.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

From this thread on this very topic, I found this crowd in Dunleer.

Frankly, I'd love to find a few suppliers of Wood in the Louth region.

I know Bellurgan exists but for the area you'd imagine that there's a lot more suppliers of firewood out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

MugMugs wrote: »
    From this thread on this very topic, I found this crowd in Dunleer.

Frankly, I'd love to find a few suppliers of Wood in the Louth region.

I know Bellurgan exists but for the area you'd imagine that there's a lot more suppliers of firewood out there.

Got a flyer in the door from this lot. Seems reasonable enough.
    Think I might give these Stovoid bags a shot... any good?

kormak wrote: »
    Got a flyer in the door from this lot. Seems reasonable enough.
    Think I might give these Stovoid bags a shot... any good?

Apparently they are. Very clean burn and good heat.

I just use wood. My home is quite small and would be unbearable with coal burning.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭wobbie10

Have you used the Bellurgan firewood MugMugs ? Is it good stuff.

Have to say at those prices you won't find many better suppliers.

It's a pity I don't live closer to them as it sounds like a good deal.

1.2 m3 of seasoned hardwood for €70, lads down here in Bettystown are charging twice that :mad:

I have Wobbie10

I got two buckets off him in June.

The wood is cut up a lot and VERY dry. He seasons it over 12 months. I was stacking it and testing and averaging around 28% moisture.

I've started burning it and it burns VERY well in my stove and I get a great heat off it. It'd be nice to have options too though.

There was a bit of Laurel in there, Ash and I think i found some Oak. Very impressed.

• Advertisement

Thanks MugMugs,

Sounds good to me, think I will have to borrow a large trailer and head on up there. Nothing like a well seasoned hardwood log to throw out the heat.

I am finishing off a load of well seasoned softwood but to be honest it just burns away too fast. Seems like I am just sitting around feeding the beast:D

Thanks for detailed reply.

Seamie Califf Coal I can deffo recommend. Around €16/17 per 40-kg bag.
    Polish coal, serious heat off it. For stoves or open fires. Seamie is based in Mandistown outside Ardee but delivers around the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Maybe I should post a new thread but weres best value around the Dundalk area? Murphys out in Forkhill?

MugMugs wrote: »
    Apparently they are. Very clean burn and good heat.

I just use wood. My home is quite small and would be unbearable with coal burning.

Clean burn, the remain hot for hours, however the heat good but not amazing!!
    Got 5 bags from Kingcoal in Dunleer. Think I might go back to my Black Diamond / Polish coal after this. Stovoids for the record are a smokeless coal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Is coal shop still open on road near Southgate to julianstown?

• Advertisement

Yeah hes open again. Got a bag of oviods for the stove for €17 and very happy with them. Also 2 big net bags of kindling for € 5

Advertisement