Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trouble Ahead at Cardiff City? MacKay Sacked *Cardiff Crazy Stuff Here*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I wonder is he an outside bet for the spurs job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Madness.

He's doing a very good job there.

Fit and proper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

vincent tan looks like the father of leslie chow from the hangover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I wonder is he an outside bet for the spurs job?

Maybe not Spurs, but he'll walk into a job somewhere. He's been treated disgracefully but will come out of this with his dignity and reputation intact, unlike the owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Maybe not Spurs, but he'll walk into a job somewhere. He's been treated disgracefully but will come out of this with his dignity and reputation intact, unlike the owner.

He's a billionaire I don't think he gives a fcuk about those things, the way we see Football Manager is the way he sees Cardiff City, just a game he can play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

From a selfish point of view this is fantastic news. The closer and closer Tan gets to the edge, the more chance Cardiff have of imploading bringing them nearer to the relegation spots.

Keep it up, Vincent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

what sort of name is Malky Mackay !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

syngindub wrote: »

All right so, Malcolm Makay:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I remember reading their forum when it was announced he was changing the colour of their kits. Lots of posters there were saying stuff like "canceling my ST" and others trying to decide what club they should support now. Went back to that thread after they won the Champ and checked the newer posts for those members. The ones that were still posting had all jumped on the Vincent Tan wagon of course and were thrilled that the boys in red were in the PL.

Venkys 2.0 is starting to go south now. Hope all those diehards that accepted everything he did to their club are enjoying themselves now.

It's a shame Steve Kean just got a new job or he'd be a lock for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/19/cardiff-city-malky-mackay-resign-sacked
    Malky Mackay is facing the sack as Cardiff City manager after it emerged that the Scot had been told by Vincent Tan, the Premier League club's owner, to resign or be forced out. On the back of an extraordinary club statement earlier in the week, when Tan criticised Mackay for expressing his hope that three new players could be signed when the transfer window opens next month, the manager's reign is coming to end.

On the same day that the club statement was released, Mackay received an email from Tan that listed the owner's grievances across a number of areas, including the club's activity in the transfer market in the summer and the team's style of play. A Cardiff spokesman said: "The club is not party to any letter sent from one person to another."

Ah dammit stay in place until after Liverpool hammer you (he said tempting fate) ;)

Tan is just another rich idiot in charge of a football team.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Ah for Christ Sake, my head hurts!

First the Jerseys, then a row with Council over Stadium Development, then a row with a decent coach who has done really well with what I considered a likeable team (great cup runs, Welsh, and the sad near misses of promotion in the past)

This scheme in the FA to get in Suitable Owners is a joke. Christ, at least the money men at Man City seem reasonable (they had to get rid of Mancini) and dare I say, Chelsea.

There are other crazy problems at Tottenham too (delighted, as an Arsenal fan, but annoyed as a football fan) with people other than the Manager controlling the hiring and firing of personnel.

I understand these money men do want some return in the money that they pump into the game, but they seem to want to ignore tradition (the thing that supposedly attracted them to English football) , ignore the people that will actually pay £30 every two weeks to watch the team, no matter what, and ignore the expert opinions of people who have lived a lifetime in football. Why don't these muppets try to become Managers/Coaches instead since they want all that control.

Oh and word is, this guy made a change on the club colours without any marketing research, it was on a whim. Lord save us would this guy act like that in dealing with his other business interests that are more close to his heart.

The FA should get a lot tougher on who should be allowed to control a club.

Then we have Steve Clarke who had no control over a former yo yo team in WBA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Cardiff have waited 50 years or so to get top flight football - MacKay does it , establishes them near mid table - brings in a top class recruit , who will probably double in-value (Medel) , and thus recoup most of the money is moaning about , nevermind all the extra TV money , and what does Tan do ? - sack him , feckin clown of the highest order , unless something is done quick, they will be relagated by Easter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

syngindub wrote: »

The most Scottish name that exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Grayditch wrote: »
    The most Scottish name that exists.

Hamish Husband would like to have a word.

Anyway, I hope that the Cardiff fans who went along with the rebranding of the club are happy, it's finally becoming clear what kind of owner Tan is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Mackay hasn't shown up at the press conference today ahead of this weekends game according to BBC, Mackay is getting great support from nearly every manager today, great to see. I also see Eurosport linking Solskjaer with the job, really hope he stays where he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Mackay hasn't shown up at the press conference today ahead of this weekends game according to BBC, Mackay is getting great support from nearly every manager today, great to see. I also see Eurosport linking Solskjaer with the job, really hope he stays where he is.

Solskjaer is being linked with every available club in Europe it seems. You would think that the Cardiff job is a no-go area. Tan is a madman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

JPA wrote: »
    That's normal behaviour at a lot of clubs.

Anyway Cardiff, another club to point and laugh at.

Terrible attitude.

This is something all football fans should be disgusted with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Makes Mike Ashley look like a golden child in comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Hamish Husband would like to have a word.

Anyway, I hope that the Cardiff fans who went along with the rebranding of the club are happy, it's finally becoming clear what kind of owner Tan is.

Ah now surely Jocky Scott wins hands down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Hope they crash and burn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There's a guy at work here called Hamish Macluggage.
    Today he brought a suitcase to work as he's catching a flight later .... I've only worked here for an event like this to happen.

But yeah, Tan WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

No manager in their right mind would go near the cardiff job when mckay gets sacked eventually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

The article on the BBC earlier quoted someone at Cardiff as saying they had a household name at another British club ready to come in and take over

If true, this is the sort of thing I believe the LMA should look at, as its essentially one member conspiring behind the back of another to take his job, and it goes on all the time. Surely the LMA should take steps to prevent this sort of thing, or at least stigmatise it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

LiamoSail wrote: »
    The article on the BBC earlier quoted someone at Cardiff as saying they had a household name at another British club ready to come in and take over

If true, this is the sort of thing I believe the LMA should look at, as its essentially one member conspiring behind the back of another to take his job, and it goes on all the time. Surely the LMA should take steps to prevent this sort of thing, or at least stigmatise it

I thought I read that too but its been changed

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25464611
    Dalman has a preferred candidate to replace Mackay should he be dismissed - the manager is a high-profile name currently in work outside the UK.

Fabio Capello?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Dempsey wrote: »
    Fabio Capello?

Solskjaer? Hard to know, I can see everyone warning them against taking the job anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I thought I read that too but its been changed

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25464611

Fabio Capello?

Why would he go to Cardiff? He could get a job at bigger clubs, with more money and better owners elsewhere

They won't attract an established name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Why would he go to Cardiff? He could get a job at bigger clubs, with more money and better owners elsewhere

They won't attract an established name

Money & a good severance package if Tan gets his knickers in a bunch

Capello can take the job and keep his position at Russia until after the WC. He has job security that others wont have. Plus, this anonymous manager is brave enough to seek assurances about his job description.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Money & a good severance package if Tan gets his knickers in a bunch

Capello can take the job and keep his position at Russia until after the WC. He has job security that others wont have. Plus, this anonymous manager is brave enough to seek assurances about his job description.

There's no way any World Cup manager will take a club job 6 months before the start of a tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Obviously the way the owner is carrying on is a disgrace but he has a point in questioning MacKay imo. He spent £25m+ on Medel, Cornelius and Caulker. Some of their results have flattered them relative to their performances, I don't think they're as good a side as one could reasonably expect them to be after such a spend in the Summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Looks like Tan got knock on head that gave him some sense that sees Mackay stay on for another while at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Looks like Tan got knock on head that gave him some sense that sees Mackay stay on for another while at least

Was always going to happen in my opinion once Mackay didn't walk. Tan won't want to pay him off and tried to force him into walking away.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I wouldn't necessarily see it that way. It is an extraordinary statement that they made.

He's the manager for the foreseeable future...until something else happens. And that if the dialogue with Mackay doesn't work in Tan's opinion, Tan expects the chairman to head the hunt for a new boss.:eek:

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

unexpected press conference called by Malkey @1pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just saw that, this town ain't big enough for the both of them, I guess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

mckay will resign - the "pobre"; to work under those conditions must be difficult

Hopefully he gets every penny owed and walks into the WBA job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

What happened then lads? On phone on a bus. Cant check

• Advertisement

Timmyctc wrote: »
    What happened then lads? On phone on a bus. Cant check

Not much. Mackay has been rebuffed twice in attempts to meet Vincent Tan. He also said he expected to be sacked. That's all the press conference was about.

The ''high profile'' manager that they were after is reported to be Sven also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Blatter wrote: »
    Obviously the way the owner is carrying on is a disgrace but he has a point in questioning MacKay imo. He spent £25m+ on Medel, Cornelius and Caulker. Some of their results have flattered them relative to their performances, I don't think they're as good a side as one could reasonably expect them to be after such a spend in the Summer.

tbf both Medel and Caulker have been mainstays of their side this year. Corneilus was injured i believe but we may see something from him in the second half of the season.

25m for 3 players isnt mad all things considered. he could have gotten journeymen for less but i reckon Cardiff would make money if they sell Cualker in the future and Medel should fetch his value again too.

Can't say I've watched a whole lot of Medel, but is he proving to be worth the £11m outlay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

£25m on 3 players is really nothing in today's market tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Neil3030 wrote: »
    £25m on 3 players is really nothing in today's market tbh.

Em, I'd disagree. Look at Newcastle's signings last Jan.

Debuchy 5.5m
    Yanga Mbiwa 6.7m
    Goufrann 1.4m
    Sissoko 2.1m
    Haidara 2m

That's five players, four of which are either key or regular first eleven players. Total cost? 17.7m...

Cardiff got poor value for money, compared to that. Newcastle have been showing for a few years now that value is out there. Cabaye 4.3m, Santon 5m, Tiote 3.5m, Ben Arfa 5m, Anita 6.5m, Ba 0m... six key players (maybe not Ben arfa now) all for 24.3m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Mackay sacked now.

So much for staying in charge for the foreseeable future!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

just been sacked by tan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Confirmed?

Hope he got well paid out of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

sky reporting it just now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hope they go down now

I won't post my true feelings on Tan as its not worth the yellow.

I can see WBA having a new manager within days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement