Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trouble Ahead at Cardiff City? MacKay Sacked *Cardiff Crazy Stuff Here*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Whats new.

Its all about staying in the premier league at all costs.

Look what happened to Wolves when they got rid of Mick McCarthy.

Look what happened to Blackburn when they sacked Sam Allardyce.

Steve Clarke was doing a good job with WBA and he got sacked.

Complete joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Blatter wrote: »
    Mackay sacked now.

So much for staying in charge for the foreseeable future!

Maybe he can only see a day or two ahead. I know my crystal ball struggles with anything over a week. Piece of junk. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Best thing for him probably. The stress and pressure of not knowing whether you'd be going into work the next day is gone. Also away from that lunatic Tan. Should walk back into another job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Best thing for him probably. The stress and pressure of not knowing whether you'd be going into work the next day is gone. Also away from that lunatic Tan. Should walk back into another job.

could get the WBA job if they hold off for another few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

That is a disgrace. I suspect Cardiff will be ruined by the time Tan is finished with them which is really rough on their real fans. I really hope there is a dramatic backlash against Tan and the board of the club after this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Please oh please put the Kazakh in temp charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I hope Tan gets his just desserts now. I haven't liked him since he changed the colours from blue to red. Mackay did nothing wrong in saying he wants to bring in new players in January and that should have made Tan happy to see that his manager is looking to improve. If Solskjaer gets the job, I'll have mixed feelings. I've always wanted to see Ole Gunnar Solskjaer get a job in the PL, but if he goes to Cardiff, I'd prefer to see them go down than to see him become successful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Stupid, stupid decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ole is 1/4 with Bet Victor, would hate to see him take that job..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I hope he gets some sort of renumerance for having to put up with Tan. What a gob****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

After yesterday's result this was always going to happen. I'm no fan of Tans at all but his club is struggling big time, a lot of money was wasted during the summer and results have been pretty poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Feel sorry for Malkay. Hope he gets a good pay off and I'm sure he'll be in another job soon. West Brom is a good shout.

Now that Mackay is gone, this could get really hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Merged the MacKay sacked thread in here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I hope the fans boycott the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

If Cardiff hire Solskaer, do they have to have another manager for the first 60 mins of the match, then Ole comes in to get results?

If Cardiff hire Solskaer, do they have to have another manager for the first 60 mins of the match, then Ole comes in to get results?

Who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

efb wrote: »
    I hope the fans boycott the club

Anyone true fans would have done that a long time ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Hope they go down now

Yeah that`d show them :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Stupid owner does stupid owner thing.

The sad thing is that there is always someone who will happily take the money to be humiliated by an owner.

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »

It would probably force Tan into getting his head screwed back on if he wants to get a club thats moderately successful. Either that, or cause him to leave. I'm sure Cardiff fans would trade that for Premier League at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Not sure if this has been posted...Tan's staff celebrating his 60th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

He's been dieing to be sacked for the last few weeks. Its not as if he will be in tears whilst clearing out his office and dreading facing his wife and little Timmy at home. He'll get his pay day and he will walk into the WBA job. I dont get the fuss over the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Not sure how true or fabricated this quote is:

Bcf2k8lCEAEWCT5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Once I seen the score yesterday at half time I thought that would be it, surprised he lasted the night tbh.

Madness, really and I hope he gets every penny he is owed.

Tan will see this as a shrewd move if it inspires a response from the players he will beat on how HE saved the club from relegation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

Paully D wrote: »
    Not much. Mackay has been rebuffed twice in attempts to meet Vincent Tan. He also said he expected to be sacked. That's all the press conference was about.

The ''high profile'' manager that they were after is reported to be Sven also.

The players will have to lock up their Wags when Sven in action :P

• Advertisement

He's been dieing to be sacked for the last few weeks. Its not as if he will be in tears whilst clearing out his office and dreading facing his wife and little Timmy at home. He'll get his pay day and he will walk into the WBA job. I dont get the fuss over the whole thing.

It's what Tan is doing to Cardiff FC more than what he did to Mackay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

It will be very interesting to see the replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Maire2009 wrote: »
    It's what Tan is doing to Cardiff FC more than what he did to Mackay.

He pumped a crapload of money into the club and changed the jersey colour. It is his club, he can do whatever he wants with it. If the fans of Vincent Tans club disagree with what he is doing then they should stop going to games.

miralize wrote: »
    It would probably force Tan into getting his head screwed back on if he wants to get a club thats moderately successful. Either that, or cause him to leave. I'm sure Cardiff fans would trade that for Premier League at this stage.
    This guy

Tan_3009716.jpg

No chance i`m afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

So that's....

Palace, Fulham, Cardiff, West Brom, Sunderland and Spurs who have all sacked their managers this season.

Just about a third of the league sacking their manager by New Years is incredible really.

Big Sam next, maybe? Hughton? Lambert?

• Advertisement

He pumped a crapload of money into the club and changed the jersey colour. It is his club, he can do whatever he wants with it. If the fans of Vincent Tans club disagree with what he is doing then they should stop going to games.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

There has been a great deal of publicity generated by and about Mr. Malky Mackay over the last few months, indeed far too much dirty linen has been exposed to the public gaze, but I stress, not by me. Indeed, I have deliberately not responded to this, hoping that the club can be judged on its football rather that personalised arguments about who said what to whom. I have however regretfully concluded that it is no longer fair to the club, its players, its fans, or the public more generally, for this uncomfortable state of affairs to continue. Cardiff City Football Club means far too much for it to be distracted by this.

Vincent Tan to Sky Sports News.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Reckon Lambert could be next to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

Was going to make a joke about Eriksson being the favourite for the job.

Turns out that he is, according to some reports anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

No way Fergie will let Ole Gunnar take over at Cardiff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Tan is keeping himself impressively busy, in his spare time yesterday he bought FK Sarajevo.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/cardiff-city/10537170/Cardiff-City-owner-Vincent-Tan-agrees-to-buy-FK-Sarajevo-and-establish-cooperation-deal-between-clubs.html

The Guardian has it (albeit via his mischief making agent) that this guy could be a candidate for the Cardiff job:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yilmaz_Vural

The way things are going at this point, I wouldn't even be surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Malky will never be more employable than he is now.

a blessing for him this sacking tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

No way Fergie will let Ole Gunnar take over at Cardiff.

dont see what Fergie has got to do with anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

slingerz wrote: »
    dont see what Fergie has got to do with anything?

I'm pretty sure OGS will listen quite closely to whatever advice Ferguson gives him.

I'd imagine he'll be telling him to steer well clear of Cardiff. I saw before that Ferguson advised him to pick an owner, not a club.

I've a few pound on Bobby Di Mateo. He'l go anywhere!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Why do they deserve CL football or something?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

OGS looks a shoe in according to 5live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I think the Cardiff players should purposely lose to Sunderland tomorrow in protest :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25530074

Unbelievable! He fires MacKay and then promises the new manager money to invest in the squad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Sven Goran Eriksson and Murat Yakin are among the favourites to take over from Mackay.

Have to pity the poor fans, their owner is a raving looney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,671 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

srfc19 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure OGS will listen quite closely to whatever advice Ferguson gives him.

I'd imagine he'll be telling him to steer well clear of Cardiff. I saw before that Ferguson advised him to pick an owner, not a club.

I've a few pound on Bobby Di Mateo. He'l go anywhere!!

Excellent advice and Skolsjear would be an idiot to ignore it.

I see Coral are offering 33-1 on Vincent Tan taking over himself - wouldn't put it past him if he doesn;t need couaching badges.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Its win win for Ole imo

If I was him Id be in like a shot. If he does well great! If he fails? Sure the owner is mad how could you succeed? All he can do is enhance his reputation there

Not like he has to take the job planning on staying there for 10 years

I dont think Ole will take it.

Why do they deserve CL football or something?:confused:

No but having a clueless owner is a weird reason to hope they go down

• Advertisement

No but having a clueless owner is a weird reason to hope they go down

it really isnt

Advertisement