Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trouble Ahead at Cardiff City? MacKay Sacked *Cardiff Crazy Stuff Here*

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hes got a funny accent ole gunnar. Very like hamanns german scouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

rob316 wrote: »
    Hes got a funny accent ole gunnar. Very like hamanns german scouse

Except neither German nor scouse? :pac:

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Except neither German nor scouse? :pac:

Both of there accents sound similar. Didi's cracks me up I love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Hope he does well, has shown great early promise as a manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Surprised Solksjaer accepted it to be honest. Will be a few jobs going in the second half of the season I'd say, West Brom, West Ham possibly. Probably promised a significant bounty for January.

They'll probably do enough to stay up, however it could end up in numerous ways with Tan in charge.

Corholio wrote: »
    Surprised Solksjaer accepted it to be honest. Will be a few jobs going in the second half of the season I'd say, West Brom, West Ham possibly. Probably promised a significant bounty for January.

They'll probably do enough to stay up, however it could end up in numerous ways with Tan in charge.

Its the job that carries the least amount of risk and will boost his image considerably

kryogen wrote: »
    Its the job that carries the least amount of risk and will boost his image considerably

If he does a half decent job of course. Getting relegated would almost immediately undo all his 'waiting' time to take a job in England.

Corholio wrote: »
    If he does a half decent job of course. Getting relegated would almost immediately undo all his 'waiting' time to take a job in England.

Not really, they would be one of the favorites for the drop anyway, and he will always have people saying "sure how could you succeed with an owner like that?" which gives him a nice low risk first job in England :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

It's a bit like Chelsea, do bad or good, you'll get some nice money from it, and being sacked won't harm you too much

• Advertisement

Not looking like a good appointment now. Solskjaer looks a cert to take them down. It was a bad job for him to take, whatever rep he has will be a bit tarnished now.
    I feel for the fans they had a good manager in MacKay but there owner made his position untenable.
    I can never understand why sack a manager who has got you promotion and was doing fine but then have ideas of grandeur and install someone with zero experience in this situation.

It smacks of the Blackburn/Allardyce situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

rob316 wrote: »
    Not looking like a good appointment now. Solskjaer looks a cert to take them down. It was a bad job for him to take, whatever rep he has will be a bit tarnished now.
    I feel for the fans they had a good manager in MacKay but there owner made his position untenable.
    I can never understand why sack a manager who has got you promotion and was doing fine but then have ideas of grandeur and install someone with zero experience in this situation.

It smacks of the Blackburn/Allardyce situation.

It does seem just like the Blackburn situation and just shows that this test to make sure new owners are fine is useless.

Solskjaer's reputation will not be hurt by this. Everybody knows how crazy things are at Cardiff. If anything it might do wonders for Malky Mackay's rep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Maybe Solskjaer won't be hurt by this but, so far, while he's coming across as a nice guy he's also coming across as being not up to managing at this level. That squad he has is underperforming to be frank.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Maybe Solskjaer won't be hurt by this but, so far, while he's coming across as a nice guy he's also coming across as being not up to managing at this level. That squad he has is underperforming to be frank.

Agreed, I don't think he is good enough for this level yet. Big difference managing United reserves and Molde compared to this.
    But best of luck to him, I always struggled to dislike him even when he played for United :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

You could well be right but in fairness the sample size is 8 league matches

jaykay74 wrote: »
    You could well be right but in fairness the sample size is 8 league matches

Aye, I could be right / wrong and it's an early call to make but the fact of it is they have started poorly under his management and have looked hapless on a couple of occassions.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    It does seem just like the Blackburn situation and just shows that this test to make sure new owners are fine is useless.

Solskjaer's reputation will not be hurt by this. Everybody knows how crazy things are at Cardiff. If anything it might do wonders for Malky Mackay's rep.

Of course Solksjaer's reputation will be hurt. I remember people saying this was a risk free job for him before he took over, that was really only depending on Tan doing something mad, which he hasn't so far. He allowed Solksjaer to bring in 7 players, none of whom have done anything to halt their slide, in fact they've gotten worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I personally think the Cardiff squad is pretty awful, and Mackay was overachieving with them. Solskjaer hasn't got a hope in keeping them up, Fulham will probably doom them this Saturday.

Solskjaer looks out his depth so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

next game is fulham at home - judge him after that , a win may, may

SantryRed wrote: »
    I personally think the Cardiff squad is pretty awful, and Mackay was overachieving with them. Solskjaer hasn't got a hope in keeping them up, Fulham will probably doom them this Saturday.

Good goalkeeper; commanding center half; good defensive midfielder; useful attacking midfielder; talented wing forward; goatish club captain.

I think they're better than their performances under him to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I think he could have proved a good manager given time in the right conditions but not coming into a club like Cardiff who are in a relegation scrap. Alot of pressure for a manager with so little experience, I think he'll have to prove himself elsewhere if he is to get another job in the premier league, unless he sticks with Cardiff and wins promotion next season.

Advertisement