Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lg G2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

Patww79 wrote: »
    I've never seen a single accessory for it in a shop here. Or the UK for that matter.

Not even our little Asian friends have anything for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

moggser wrote: »
    Not even our little Asian friends have anything for it

Amazon is your friend.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jonnybegood

Or Ebay

Ordered earlier from Amazon got spigen... eBay I ordered a tpu cheap case with screen saver never got it 😰 so still need one of them

Has any one.got a screen saver going spare.per chance give ya money for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

pm your address, i'll send you one

bodonnell wrote: »

Pm sent thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 36 121212

Got mine from global this week, ordered last Thursday evening, had it on Monday. No customs and delighted with phone. Can't find fault yet. Battery is immense. Prob get less bat time at weekend but have seen nearly 3 days albeit in a working week when haven't been doing too much with it

bodonnell wrote: »

nice one for that fair play :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

nice one for that fair play :)

you are welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Ordered a 32GB Red for €324 using code BUY599. Thanks to all here as I've been waiting on a price drop low enough to bite. Hoping to escape customs but after seeing eGlobal refund customs to other posters here is what sealed the deal for me! Looking forward to seeing the battery life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I have a 32Gb on the way from them too. I sold my One X for €160. Only thing worrying me is the Kitkat sound bug, but i am sure it will be sorted.

there is no bugs that im aware of and im a fussy cnut when it comes to phones
    battery life is great all tho it is starting to freeze up a little and act up but i put that down to Andriod in general as they all do it from time to time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

yeah thats one thing thats a melt al right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭beardo81

http://phandroid.com/2014/04/10/lg-g3-ui-leak/

New design for g3 apparently, be nice to get this update too at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Redwid

Is that guys the same eGlobal?
    http://www.eglobaldigitalstore.co.uk/lg-g2-d802-4g-lte-32gb-unlocked-mobile-phones.html

Looks like they ships from London. That option should be much safer custom-wise.

Redwid wrote: »
    Is that guys the same eGlobal?
    http://www.eglobaldigitalstore.co.uk/lg-g2-d802-4g-lte-32gb-unlocked-mobile-phones.html

Looks like they ships from London. That option should be much safer custom-wise.

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/lg-g2-d802-4g-lte-32gb-sim-free-unlocked-red.html#

That is the site a few bought from. I went with them, seeing as they refund if nabbed by customs

I am looking at the Spigen Slim Armour case.

Did Spigen update the case to have the cutout for the mic near to the camera?

If anyone who has bought the case could check it would be great.

• Advertisement

moonboy52 wrote: »
    I am looking at the Spigen Slim Armour case.

Did Spigen update the case to have the cutout for the mic near to the camera?

If anyone who has bought the case could check it would be great.

Appears that way yeah the one I have has tiny hole beside the lense only.got it last week

Appears that way yeah the one I have has tiny hole beside the lense only.got it last week

Thank you for that Moggser. Spizen it is then :)

Thank you for that Moggser. Spizen it is then :)

The slim armour one I got now form Amazon well worth the price 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 48 DC403l

How long do this eglobal place take to dispatch orders? I placed my order on Saturday and the status is still suck on "processing" :( (apparently they weren't open on Monday)

DC403l wrote: »
    How long do this eglobal place take to dispatch orders? I placed my order on Saturday and the status is still suck on "processing" :( (apparently they weren't open on Monday)

They're on holliers. Mate says so on home page somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 48 DC403l

Yeah, they were closed on Monday but they re-opened today. Maybe there is a backlog or smth?

• Advertisement

DC403l wrote: »
    Yeah, they were closed on Monday but they re-opened today. Maybe there is a backlog or smth?

Yeah but they won't be long about getting it to you tho. Very sharp they are

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/lg-g2-d802-4g-lte-32gb-sim-free-unlocked-red.html#

That is the site a few bought from. I went with them, seeing as they refund if nabbed by customs

As far as I understand a few bought from that site: eglobalcentral.eu
    And they ships from HNK not from London.

There are a few sellers on ebay who shipped from London as well.

Can anyone recommend a screen protector (or have one spare:P)?

A lot of reviews on Amazon say some of them do not fit the screen great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

As far as I understand a few bought from that site: eglobalcentral.eu
    And they ships from HNK not from London.

There are a few sellers on ebay who shipped from London as well.

I have more or less talked myself into buying a 32gb model from eglobalcentral.eu on the back of reading this thread. They're down to €327.99 as of this evening, which is a fantastic deal.

I'm just wondering if any of their former customers on this thread have any thoughts/recommendations on ordering from them, particularly which shipping option to go with?

Also, any recommendations on a case? Not a big fan of flip cases, myself, tend to prefer minimalist back cases.

One lsst question for tonight, is anyone using their LG G2 with Vodafone 4G?

• Advertisement

corwill wrote: »
    Also, any recommendations on a case? Not a big fan of flip cases, myself, tend to prefer minimalist back cases.

I went for this case:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ELMXXV6/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And this screen protector:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00E3CID64/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I went for free shipping. It has still not been shipped since i ordered it Sunday night however. They must be busy :)

I went for free shipping. It has still not been shipped since i ordered it Sunday night however. They must be busy :)

Let us know how you get on with both shipping and case. The Spigen looks like a very good option, I'd just be a bit wary of bulk.

As for not shipping since Sunday, I'd be climbing the walls! Shows how a few years of Amazon can spoil you.

Let us know how you get on with both shipping and case. The Spigen looks like a very good option, I'd just be a bit wary of bulk.

As for not shipping since Sunday, I'd be climbing the walls! Shows how a few years of Amazon can spoil you.

Will do Corwill.

I am climbing the walls as i sold my One X already, so i am sans phone :)

Will do Corwill.

I am climbing the walls as i sold my One X already, so i am sans phone :)

Brave move! Off topic, I know, but what did you manage to get for your One X? Just curious, as I'm hoping to flog my Galaxy S3.

Off topic, I know, but what did you manage to get for your One X?

I sold it for €160 on Adverts.

I sold it for €160 on Adverts.

That's really encouraging. Roll on payday, Imma gittin me a LG.

Any clue what LG model are eglobalcentral.eu selling? For what region? What kind of plug on adapter is there?

moonboy52 will be waiting for your result as well before ordering.

Any clue what LG model are eglobalcentral.eu selling? For what region? What kind of plug on adapter is there?

moonboy52 will be waiting for your result as well before ordering.

they sell you a red model which is fairly attractive lol or a white one or even a gold one :):):) thems are jokes :)

its the Asian plug but they give you a adapter with it which is cool but when i got mine i did notice that the box seal was broken and replaced with a "LG" sticker over it and also the box was slightly a jar i put it down to "QC" thats what im telling my self but for the first moment while opening the box i thought it had a plastic **** in there :)

they sell you a red model which is fairly attractive lol or a white one or even a gold one :):):) thems are jokes :)...

Which color model have you got from them?

went for white meself dunno why but white always sells when looking to move to the next phone

• Advertisement

went for white meself dunno why but white always sells when looking to move to the next phone

Moggser, how are you getting on with connectivity, whether wifi, 3G or 4G? I think you mentioned that you were having issues with 4G farther back on the thread, but that might have been a default settings problem you were having, rather than your network.

What network are you with? I'm with Vodafone; as soon as I can reassure myself that I won't have any problems connecting to either 3G or 4G with them, I'm going to order, but not before!

cant vouch for the vodafone , im with Emobile have 4G but its not there in default settings but if you go into the hidden menu and switch it on it works but you have to do that EVERY time you power the phone off ...now that been said its not really a biggie as one cool thing is the cliptray (copy and paste) function keeps it there for you all the time .. reception would be hit and miss with the 4G as its still new and mostly strong in city centre area and other places to follow
    wifi i dont have a problem with at all but if thats all thats stopping you,you're gonna be waiting along time for nothing really :)

why are you still reading this and not ordering your phone ?????

cant vouch for the vodafone , im with Emobile have 4G but its not there in default settings but if you go into the hidden menu and switch it on it works but you have to do that EVERY time you power the phone off ...now that been said its not really a biggie as one cool thing is the cliptray (copy and paste) function keeps it there for you all the time .. reception would be hit and miss with the 4G as its still new and mostly strong in city centre area and other places to follow
    wifi i dont have a problem with at all but if thats all thats stopping you,you're gonna be waiting along time for nothing really :)

why are you still reading this and not ordering your phone ?????

I'm stuck in a contract until Xmas with vodafone, so if it doesn't work on their 3G/4G frequencies, I'll be stuck with a very pretty brick for the rest of the year! I'm not tech-savvy enough to figure it out for myself, at least not well enough to rely on it, so I was lazily hoping someone on here with Vodafone had already taken the plunge and been fine.

That issue with the default for 4G sounds like niggly, but sure I can't get 3G half the time in Dublin, let alone 4G, so that's not a dealbreaker. I don't think I'll be looking for 4G unless I'm trying to download or stream something hefty, which probably won't be often enough for it to be an issue.

i wont lie to ya ...it bugs the piss out of me but i learned quickly to move past that issue and ignore it other than that there is no immediate problems..

what phone are you using right now?

one thing i will advise is to get a case for one online if needed you wont get jack in the shops here as our Asian friends dont have diddly

if you are near by city centre sometime you can have a look see at mine see what you think

I read briefly on XDA, that if we flash one of the LG european open roms, then 4G will be enabled off the bat and no need for the secret menu or the switcher app you can you download. I need to do more reseach.

Anyway it was shipped today and is en route.

i wont lie to ya ...it bugs the piss out of me but i learned quickly to move past that issue and ignore it other than that there is no immediate problems..

what phone are you using right now?

one thing i will advise is to get a case for one online if needed you wont get jack in the shops here as our Asian friends dont have diddly

if you are near by city centre sometime you can have a look see at mine see what you think

I'm on a Galaxy S3 at the moment. Happy enough with it since I put on Cyanogenmod after the 4.3 update fiasco a few months ago, but close to a year of Touchwiz meant I've never really been in love with it. Mostly I just have an itch for a new toy, and eglobal's price on the 32gb LG G2 is too tempting to pass up.

Except I'm worried about 4G. Vodafone 3G seems to be no issue for it, but don't know if their 4G will work with LG G2's 4G specs (from gsmarena: LTE 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600 / 850), while as I understand it Vodafone use 800 MHz. Looks to me like I might not be able to connect to Vodafone 4G with one. Would be delighted to be told I'm wrong!

Already have my eye on a few cases from amazon, I might pick up a couple of cheapo TPU jobs and see how I get on with those first. I'm not a big fan of Otterbox style monstrosities, and I look after my phones like they're my kids!

I read briefly on XDA, that if we flash one of the LG european open roms, then 4G will be enabled off the bat and no need for the secret menu or the switcher app you can you download. I need to do more reseach.

Nice tip, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Patww79 wrote: »

I am not sure what thread i read it on, but when i learn more (if it is possible), i will post here Pat.

EDIT:

here is what a guy posted on an LG G2 HUKD deal

"Basically the phone has the Asian LG software on it (SEA=South East Asia). The actual phone/SMS/3G/apps work fine in the UK. The 4G stuff must be different out there as the 4G/LTE options are hidden in the menus. I'm not sure if there are any other differences. It can apparently be fixed by loading the European software on it (as it is the same hardware) but I haven't tried it.

Some discussion here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2494751
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2478497

I'm going to poke around with it at the weekend, not sure if I'll put the European software on it or just jump straight to Cyanogenmod software though. I've already rooted it."

• Advertisement

Have you asked to put them a low value to avoid customs?

Advertisement