Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lg G2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

i got a response from LG regarding the GPMAA Music playback issue:

Probably of no concern here as no-one uses the service but i thought i would post it anyway.

Thank you for your query about your LG G2.

Thank you for providing us with this information, as previously stated we are looking into the issue and will hopefully be releasing a maintenance patch to resolve the issue.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused, we are working toward resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Kind regards
    LG Electronics UK Help desk

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    How are you finding the camera? I'm not sure it's that great when it comes to capturing a toddler!

I will be dog minding for a few days next week, so i will take some pictures of the dogs who are never still.

Are your photos really blurry with movement TwoMums2Be? I think i remember someone in a review saying the camera was not great with movement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

moonboy52 wrote: »
    I will be dog minding for a few days next week, so i will take some pictures of the dogs who are never still.

Are your photos really blurry with movement TwoMums2Be? I think i remember someone in a review saying the camera was not great with movement.

zooming in with it is a pain in the hole that one thing i found bad about it and the quality of the photo can be very hit and miss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I found that I needed to change the default settings in the camera. Now I think it works much better.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 48 DC403l

Out of interest, for people who ordered off eglobal, what software version are you on at the moment (found in settings -> Software information)

DC403l wrote: »
    Out of interest, for people who ordered off eglobal, what software version are you on at the moment (found in settings -> Software information)

d80220b-sea-xx

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

It's more a case that by the time it's taken the pic she's out of shot 😂 it's taken some lovely pics of her but does struggle at times to capture her quick enough while keeping focus!

I found that I needed to change the default settings in the camera. Now I think it works much better.

Would you mind sharing the changes you made please...I would love to improve it as much as possible :-)

Anyone have to get a screen repaired?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Redwid

Got today my gold LG G2 32 GB from eGlobal. No customs fee for me :-)

Would you mind sharing the changes you made please...I would love to improve it as much as possible :-)

+1

DC403l wrote: »

I am on D80220b-466-92 (466 is Taiwan and 92 is Chunghwa Telecom)
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=52357943&postcount=5494

On another note the Google play Music issue is driving me crazy, so i am swapping to Spotify :mad:

I am on D80220b-466-92 (466 is Taiwan and 92 is Chunghwa Telecom)
    forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=52357943&postcount=5494[/url]

The same version for me

Cracked the LCD so unfortunately I can't :(

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Cracked the LCD so unfortunately I can't :(

Ouch :-( I'd imagine the UK would be your nearest repair option. Was it a hard fall or just a bad angle?

• Advertisement

Ouch :-( I'd imagine the UK would be your nearest repair option. Was it a hard fall or just a bad angle?

Was a pretty bad fall.

Took a nice chunk off the side. Have been quoted 125 to fix it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

LG UK / Ireland got back to me:

"I have escalated your case regarding the Google Play Music Application to Head Office, they have advised me that they have also raised this issue to Google as they are the developers. Therefore Google Play should be rolling out a maintenance update to resolve this issue.

If you would like to speak to Google their telephone number is 0800 328 6081. They should be able to advise you further due to this not being the LG Handset causing this issue but is the Google Application.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. "

So i do not know if it a case of LG passing the buck or if it is a Google issue

So i do not know if it a case of LG passing the buck or if it is a Google issue

Go to Google Play and leave a full comment with your issue to Google Music application.

Redwid wrote: »
    Go to Google Play and leave a full comment with your issue to Google Music application.

I contacted Google yesterday through e-mail. I had tried a few times to submit my issue the way you described Redwid but i got no answer.

Here is what they replied with:

"Thanks for contacting Google Support. I understand you are having trouble with your music. We have been experiencing some device specific issues with the LG G2 phones. We are currently collecting information on this issue, and should be releasing an update shortly.

If you really want a refund, let me know and I will process one for you. Be aware that, doing so will cancel your subscription and the introductory pricing that your
    currently getting."

moonboy52, I'm working in mobile software industry. And believe me ... even if they have a fix for that issue, it's not a straight forward operation to release an update. Could take time.

• Advertisement

Redwid wrote: »
    moonboy52, I'm working in mobile software industry. And believe me ... even if they have a fix for that issue, it's not a straight forward operation to release an update. Could take time.

I work in IT and i know how slow you codemonkeys are :P

In all seriousness, i will give them two to three months and if no fix then i will either sell the phone or go for Spotify even though it is two euro more expensive :)

I work in IT and i know how slow you codemonkeys are :P

In all seriousness, i will give them two to three months and if no fix then i will either sell the phone or go for Spotify even though it is two euro more expensive :)

Spotify or xbox music FTW

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭cas2kx

Quick question anyone having problems after the recent update with using 3rd party earphones after the recent update? My sennheiser wont work with spotify or the video player only etc except for the music player and google music.
    Odd thing is that the earphones with the phone work perfectly still.

also thanks for recommending eglobalcentral.eu after a bit of trouble with them asking to prove my address (my paypal is set up terribly I think that's why). I got the phone very quickly with the free shipping and didn't get caught by customs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

thomasj wrote: »

Is it being released on the 27th or just announced?

Is it being released on the 27th or just announced?

announced on the 27th

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

thomasj wrote: »
    announced on the 27th

Nice looking phone.

Nice looking phone.

If the rumoured specs are true this will be my next phone without a doubt.

I would be slightly disappointed it it only has a 13mp camera, the snapdragon 801 2gig of RAM and anything less than 3500 mah battery!

Don't judge me :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I would be slightly disappointed it it only has a 13mp camera, the snapdragon 801 2gig of RAM and anything less than 3500 mah battery!

Don't judge me :)

Hmmm, well for me the 13mp camera would be not the deal breaker, still a good spec

The battery is rumoured to be the 3000-3200 range but it is rumoured to be replaceable. There is also rumoured to be micro-sd slot.

Rumours are pointing to 3 gig of RAM and and are saying it may be the first phone to use snapdragon 805.

Time will tell!

• Advertisement

The snapdragon 805 would be nice along with a 16mp camera and 3500 mah battery.

Iirc the LG G2 has a 3000 mah battery and 13 mp camera snapdragon 800 processor and 2 GB so it would want to be a considerable improvement over that to warrant an upgrade!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Anybody have this issue where replying to a mail or text that the keyboard it shuts down and gies back to the main screen or is just my fat fingers hitting the home button next to the space bar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

moggser wrote: »
    Anybody have this issue where replying to a mail or text that the keyboard it shuts down and gies back to the main screen or is just my fat fingers hitting the home button next to the space bar?
    I get that too... Similarly afflicted with hams for fingers.

Eponymous wrote: »
    I get that too... Similarly afflicted with hams for fingers.

Try using SwiftKey.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Whats swift key?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭DERPY DERPFACE

Whats swift key?

Keyboard app on play store but it cost the moneys!!!!

Oh the money's... dont do the paying for the apps lol

Oh the money's... dont do the paying for the apps lol

Totally worth it, trust me! Try the one month free version .

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

SwiftKey is well worth the monies ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

I use the google keyboard and usually swipe rather than tap, but when it doesn't recognise a word (such as a placename) that's when I come a cropper. I doubt any keyboard app will prevent that. It's not so much of a problem that I'd pay to sort it!

Anyone have issue with sound alerts despite everything yurned on its inly vibrating

Anyone have issue with sound alerts despite everything yurned on its inly vibrating

I have noticed some of my whatsapp messages not making a sound moggser, but not looked into the issue any more than that.

My TapaTalk alerts seem to be working fine though i think.

Just came back just there but probably go again... wondering if its one of the in app permissions actin up

Just came back just there but probably go again... wondering if its one of the in app permissions actin up

It definitely is an intermittent issue moggser.

I don't see people on XDA talking about the issue though.

Any other Boards G2 owners noticing the issue?

• Advertisement

Xda pfffftt....lol

Xda pfffftt....lol

What do you mean man?

What dont i mean man

What dont i mean man

OK then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Nice looking phone. Does anyone know if this phone is available as a dual sim or planed for the future?

• Advertisement
Advertisement