Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screwdriver to open up laptop

Options
  • 09-10-2013 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

Hi, where in city centre do you think I could buy a philips head screwdriver small enough to open up the screws on back of a laptop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

There's a chance you'd get one in euro giant located in various places. Otherwise argos or a hardware shop, one on Capel Street

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

an optician will possibly have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Try the massive tool shop on capel street. I think its mcquillans? It has everything tool/ building related machine you ever need and its cheap enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Filibuster

Most pound/euro shops have them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I had a very small LED light last night that needed the batteries to be replaced. I picked up a set of screwdrivers in Dealz for €1.49. I can't imagine the screws being any smaller than those on one of the below:

sku_216222_1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Thanks for the replies. I was walking up Wexford st near Whelans and had forgotten there was a hardware shop there. Went in and sure enough they had one, hopefully it does the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,319 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Thanks for the replies. I was walking up Wexford st near Whelans and had forgotten there was a hardware shop there. Went in and sure enough they had one, hopefully it does the trick.
    You probably paid over the odds in that shop. Camden Casket (2 shops either side of the street) in Camden St would have been the place to go!

Or any Euro shop really. Maplin's in Jervis St have/had a few multi-head ones for €1 - Philips/Torx etc.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Esel wrote: »
    You probably paid over the odds in that shop. Camden Casket (2 shops either side of the street) in Camden St would have been the place to go!

Or any Euro shop really. Maplin's in Jervis St have/had a few multi-head ones for €1 - Philips/Torx etc.

You're right - €2.50 I think it was!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

I thought the thread was about a British 1980's skinhead band launching a computer :(

Advertisement