Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Already addicted - first impressions

• 09-10-2013 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

So I finally got around to getting GTA today, I held off as long as I could as I started a new course in September and reall wanted to try and keep my focus on that but I finally gave, bit late to the party I know.

I played around 4-5 hours and would have gone all night if I didn't have to be up in the morning. It really is a fantastic game for what I can tell this far. First of all it looks amazing, it really is just a beautiful game to look at, the fact that rockstar managed to get this much out of end of life consoles is an acheivement in itself.

The characters, only have Micheal and Franklin at this stage, really like Micheal, I like Franklin too but Micheal is my favourite, well that's not strictly true, he's my favourite person but Chop is class, I nearly fell off the chair when I ran over to find him humping the other dog. Anyway, I like how customisable the characters are, I like how when I flip back and forth they will be wearing different clothes from the last time I saw them, it's only something small but I think it's a nice touch. The humour is still there and certainly is as good as it ever was in GTA. The soundtrack seems pretty good but I haven't heard enough yet to really make a judgement, much better than IV though I think, loving the rock station. The missions seem fun and varied even though I have only done a small handful with both the characters I currently have access to, I haven't done my first heist yet but I liked how I get to choose the people involved how its done etc.

The only small issue I am having is with the target but some time at the gun range will sort that right out.

Anyway just wanted to post up some first impressions, I'm not even in bed an hour and its taking a lot of will power not to go back down stairs and fire up the PS3 again. The worst part is I have a long day tomorrow, I know I'm going to be sitting there all day having withdrawal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Franklin's shooting is the lowest of the three. If that's who you noticed it with, that's likely the reason.

If it was with Michael however you may want to consider changing the aim in the settings. I changed from the dot to the crosshairs and I think it is much better. Especially when driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    but Chop is class, I nearly fell off the chair when I ran over to find him humping the other dog.

Even funnier if you switch to Chop while he's "in the act". A doggy-eye view of doggy style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

You can make the target a bit bigger in display settings, the default one if fecking miniscule.

Actually Rockstar should give the ability to make all the screen text bigger, it's grand playing it on a big tv but on my bedroom 20" tv its nearly unreadable at times. I get they wanted an uncluttered UI but there's uncluttered and there's painfully small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Franklin's shooting is the lowest of the three. If that's who you noticed it with, that's likely the reason.

If it was with Michael however you may want to consider changing the aim in the settings. I changed from the dot to the crosshairs and I think it is much better. Especially when driving.

It was with Franklinnow that you mention it but I will change into the crosshairs anyway, the dot is annoying when driving.
    krudler wrote: »
    You can make the target a bit bigger in display settings, the default one if fecking miniscule.

Actually Rockstar should give the ability to make all the screen text bigger, it's grand playing it on a big tv but on my bedroom 20" tv its nearly unreadable at times. I get they wanted an uncluttered UI but there's uncluttered and there's painfully small.

Without fail the biggest complaint I have so far, I actually had. Move my couch right up in front of the TV to see it, it really is stupidly small and there should be an option to change the font size.

Advertisement