Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold and Ruby barb diet.

Options
  • 09-10-2013 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

I have been doing some reading up on diet for these. At the moment, I feed them a good quality flake, bought in Seahorse and some blood worm every second day.

I have been reading online that they will eat blanched spinach, fruit and the like. Is this just an internet myth or does anyone feed their fish the above? If so, how do you prepare it correctly? What does the fruit and veg give the fish that a good flake and blood worm won't.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

I stick cucumber in the tank for pleco and oto's but the barbs go mad for it too, always pulling it at it, I don't blanch it or anything, just take it out after an hour or two

• Registered Users Posts: 11 freem

I find they love frozen broccoli, just let it defrost in a cup of tank water an add it when defrosted. But I have found that since I started them on greens, if I dont put it in fairly regular my plants get a bashing.

Advertisement