Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT charged on delivery service?

Options
  • 09-10-2013 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

We sell products online to consumers primarily in the UK & Ireland

If I engage the services of a UK based order fulfilment company for storage and delivery of our products to UK customers, I believe they will not charge us VAT as we will not reach the threshold that forces us to register for VAT in the UK, is that correct?

Should I charge my UK customers VAT on the delivery portion of the sale and pass VAT onto Irish Revenue?
    Are there implications due to the fact that the product itself never actually leaves the UK?

Obviously our accountant has been asked to provide answers and I'm awaiting his response, just wanted to get other views

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

VAT doesn't apply to delivery cost I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

This is specific advise on an International VAT issue when you have not given nearly enough information in order to give a full and proper answer.

If you don't trust your accountant to give the right answer then go get another accountant.

What you don't do is go onto an online forum and get a consensus answer from the masses!!

Thread closed for your own safety.

Best Regards

Dbran

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement