Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planes

Options
  • 09-10-2013 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

Anyone notice a massive amount of low flying planes?

I've counted about 12 in the last des minutes!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Alan_P

Flightradar showed quite a few planes holding over the Irish Sea, waiting to land.

http://www.flightradar24.com/52.83,-4.97/9

They're clearing now :- I'm guessing there was something, hopefully trivial, going on at Dublin Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

was listening to the radio, they were talking about rescue 1 and a runway unavailable

http://www.liveatc.net/feedindex.php?type=international

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Looking at live arrivals nothing appears amiss!
    http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/flight-information/live-arrivals.aspx
    The planes are noisy and low tonight alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Bill Clinton was in Dublin today - I dunno might it have been extra security?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

Check out the link in my sig.
    Gives you full ATC coverage of Dublin airport through your own speakers 24hrs a day.

I supply that feed by the way, so any questions just ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Had counted twenty eight on all sorts of flight paths before falling asleep round 11.30, certainly appeared to be stacking over the sea, at one stage there were three one above the other... Checking Flightrader would have meant getting out of bed..that was never going to happen !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Yeah I heard them too. They were very low...I thought it was kinda odd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

I was a pretty spectacular sight to see so many of them so close together. Nice that we had the clear sky for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Yes noticed the low planes last night while out with the dog. Between planes and VDSL cabs I'm fairly occupied. :D

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Is it not down to the direction of the wind. A northerly wind means they come in over G'stones. Landing in to the wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Bill Clinton was in Dublin today - I dunno might it have been extra security?

Doubt he is threat to us anymore. :)

Check here to see details of aircraft movements: Link

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

It is to do with two factors:
    1) The main runway is closed late evenings for maintenance work currently
    2) The wind is coming from the north - hence runway 34 is in use

Advertisement