Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor Insurance Renewal (123.ie & Aon Insurance)

Options
  • 10-10-2013 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, just wondering what are your thoughts on the following.

AON insurance are not renewing private motor insurance policies. I think they are just going commercial.

That's not a bother, they passed on my details to 123.ie who I was with before and absolutely loathe.

My fully comprehensive insurance with AON came to approximately 500 euro, this was based on a 5 year no claims discount, full driving lisence, 1.8 TDCI ford focus in South Dublin.

So I get a letter from 123.ie today for a "very competitive" quote of over 1200 which includes a 6 year no claims bonus. When I was with them last it cost me approximately 500 euro or lower.

I'm a little worried now as I had budgeted for approx 500. I haven't had any claims so not quite sure how this "great value" quote has come about. I'll be ringing around over the next weeks tp see what kind of quotes I can get.

Any suggestions on who to go with?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭angwd

Wow, do I understand correctly, your insurance has climbed by €700 in one year and 123 are saying it's great value? Why not contact the insurance company (not the broker) you're with?

I was also with insure.ie and did some browsing yesterday, I tried Chill who came in with a similar quote as what Aon recommended. What I don't like about Chill is that I barely had a quote when my phone was hopping, I'm well capable of finishing the transaction online and don't need any pushy sales people phoning, not very chilled. When I got home I had a quote from 123 which is pretty good, way cheaper than anything so far only I'm very angry that Aon passed my details along (address, reg, dob etc). Surely that's against the law?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Because RSA are the insurance comapany and 123.ie is a wholly owned subsidiary of 123.ie. So he is dealing direct.

AON weren't in a position to offer renewal and their webpage indicates there was previously an option to opt out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

I wouldn't be worried.
    I'd ring all the insurance companies and see who offers the best.
    I have quotes at home with 3 k in the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Indeed. Just because that's what 123.ie are offering, it doesn't mean that's what everyone will offer you. Shop around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I renewed my car insurance about 2 months ago and I also found 123.ie very expensive. I'd check some more providers ang go with the cheapest, there are usually huge price differences between providers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement