Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iBood Huawei G525 €169 delivered

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭deegs

GUtted when I saw this... I bought from china last week :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Is it really an inch thick, seems very chunky? I have the Ascend g300 and it's a pretty good phone, spoiled by Huawei's poor support and failure to provide a non buggy version of ICS but I'd be tempted to upgrade to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

bmaxi wrote: »
    Is it really an inch thick, seems very chunky?

10mm thick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

139.95 with 20 euro cashback on the Dutch site :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Doesn't the 1GB of internal storage make this as good as useless?

Or, does it become more viable if you can root and than move all the apps to external SD?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Doesn't the 1GB of internal storage make this as good as useless?

Or, does it become more viable if you can root and than move all the apps to external SD?

it has 4GB storage:
    http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_ascend_g525-5632.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭free_man

RAM - 1GB
    Internal memory - 4GB

The iBood website is wrong in description.

I think the phone is good if you are not into mobile gaming.
    Else the battery will drain very fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

No delivery charge - a first for ibood ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

deegs wrote: »
    GUtted when I saw this... I bought from china last week :(

so did I, but I'm getting a better phone (bigger screen, higher res) for less money (even if customs catch it) so I'm not going to worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Shazamm

how would this compare to galaxy s3 mini?

• Advertisement

Shazamm wrote: »
    how would this compare to galaxy s3 mini?

bigger screen, faster processor on the Huawei:
    http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5033&idPhone2=5632

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

No LED flash in the Huawei which would be a drawback for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

loyatemu wrote: »
    so did I, but I'm getting a better phone (bigger screen, higher res) for less money (even if customs catch it) so I'm not going to worry about it.

What did you get?..... If you dont mind me asking

What did you get?..... If you dont mind me asking

Freelander i30 (aka Newman K1) - I'll review it over in the Android forum thread when/if it arrives...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭deegs

diddo, I got a w100 better phone by all acounts, but this is a good deal for a euro phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭U2Flyboy

Looks good for the money. Cameras are weak point 5MP and front camera VGA. I own a Huawei G300 with a 5mp camera and to be honest its not great. Quality like a Nokia with a 3.2mp camera. I also seen a Jiayu G3 (Chinese Quadcore 4.5inch) with a supposedly 8mp camera and it was equivalent to the Huawei 5mp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

U2Flyboy wrote: »
    Looks good for the money. Cameras are weak point 5MP and front camera VGA. I own a Huawei G300 with a 5mp camera and to be honest its not great. Quality like a Nokia with a 3.2mp camera. I also seen a Jiayu G3 (Chinese Quadcore 4.5inch) with a supposedly 8mp camera and it was equivalent to the Huawei 5mp.

Jiayu g3 is the usual chinese bull 8Mp interpolated. More megapixels in a cheap cmos just gives less sensitivity and more noise anyway. Megapixels are not a measure or indication of quality, three decent megapixels is better than any number of crappy ones.

Freelander i30 (aka Newman K1) - I'll review it over in the Android forum thread when/if it arrives...

Looks pretty good, where did you buy it? I'd be a bit scared to buy a phone from China, so many fakes. Can you be sure it will have an English menu etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

bmaxi wrote: »
    Looks pretty good, where did you buy it? I'd be a bit scared to buy a phone from China, so many fakes. Can you be sure it will have an English menu etc?

Always make sure you get it rooted when buying. I had bought a lenovo a820 without issues from china.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭alanbk

139.95 with 20 euro cashback on the Dutch site :)
    Can you order from another site if in Ireland?

• Advertisement

Always make sure you get it rooted when buying. I had bought a lenovo a820 without issues from china.

Did the supplier root it or did you have to root it yourself, did it come with an English instruction manual?

Advertisement