Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is MTCs Winter 2013 Preview?

Options
  • 10-10-2013 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭

Has MTC published it yet? Hope it's not in the daily forecast thread. I only get to visit here sporadically now so it'd be nice to have this in its own thread or, even better, as a sticky for the duration of winter to make it visible to infrequent visitors seeking information.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

squonk wrote: »
    Has MTC published it yet? Hope it's not in the daily forecast thread. I only get to visit here sporadically now so it'd be nice to have this in its own thread or, even better, as a sticky for the duration of winter to make it visible to infrequent visitors seeking information.

I suspect MTC will be flattered that it is now generally considered that he issues previews rather than mere forecasts....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

I suspect MTC will be flattered that it is now generally considered that he issues previews rather than mere forecasts....

Well, to paraphrase McCoy from Star Trek in what he says to Spock, I feel safer about MTCs guesses than most other people's facts. MTC is almost as good as a preview :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Snowmaker

Well... I feel safer about MTCs guesses than most other people's facts.

275300.jpg

Well said Squonk!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Well, to paraphrase McCoy from Star Trek in what he says to Spock, I feel safer about MTCs guesses than most other people's facts. MTC is almost as good as a preview :)

have to agree with you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

MT Cranium is going for a winter similar to 2011-2012, mild overall with the possibility of a cold spell sometime in January...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

So anyway, I have had my usual schedule turned upside down by having to spend most of September away from my home/office set-up, but I hope to have something available by the 20th of this month. As mentioned above, my preliminary look suggested a milder winter than most recent years but with some potential for a cold spell of some note in January this time. Not sure if that will be the final call or maybe I'll have some new research findings by the 20th. I don't claim these outlooks are tremendously accurate but in general the trend has been an improvement over random chance. However, like a team on a winning streak or a hot economy, the chance of a downturn has to be considered more likely as time goes on. How's that for confidence? :confused:

Advertisement