Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxsaver parking - Annual parking offer from Irishrail

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭long_b

You're an instant legend OP !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ipnface

Did anyone receive the email back with details?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 emmigrunt

Does the offer include dart stations?

ipnface wrote: »
    Did anyone receive the email back with details?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Genghis

Got the e-mail back. You will need to call a number with relevant details to set up the offer, you pay €150 upfront, year ticket starts from that time. From the data sent, it seems the very first question they will ask before they sell is if you have 'pre-registered' your interest, so make sure you e-mail before the closing date per the above if you are interested. Seems to be clearly only available to people with taxsaver tickets for travel.

Ticket is fixed to one station, so if you sometimes use another station you would need to buy a one-day ticket for it. The only change you can make during the year is to the registration number attached, and you have to do this by phone. There is none of the park-by-text features you have with say a monthly ticket (i.e. self service editing of car, location, etc, text alerts on expiry, etc). There is also no refund on the ticket.

Sounds like lots of conditions, but no doubt this is to comply with taxsaver rules, i.e. I presume they have negotiated something with revenue whereby they are receiving another €150 back from them, but obviously the revenue want to ensure that offer is only to taxsaver customers.

Still a great offer, better than 12 x €30 even if you sometimes need to pay €3 day rate to use other locations on occassions. Also means you don't need to think about change or texting to park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

If you want to park in Heuston for free. Get an orange HI-Vis and pop it over you steering wheel. Been at it for years .

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭annash

The offer is back again: Sorry can't post links but if you look on taxsaver dot ie and search for parkbytext you should find link. Have to register your interest again like last time and €180 this year. Offer expires 31 October 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Nice! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ilovespudss

slinky2000 wrote: »
    Nice! Thanks

Thanks, have to get on this again this year.

While is still cheaper, it's after going from €100 to €150 and now €180 this year, that's a big jump from 2 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

Thanks, have to get on this again this year.

While is still cheaper, it's after going from €100 to €150 and now €180 this year, that's a big jump from 2 years ago.

Unsurprising inflation rate from a state monopoly.

It's still good value, but if it goes up another 20% next year, it won't be. At least not for me, when you factor in the days I wouldn't be parking anyway, and the fact that it's all being paid up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭annash

Back again now until 17 November, gone up to €210

http://www.taxsaver.ie/News/Iarnrod-Eireann-Taxsaver-Annual-Parking-Offer-2015/

annash wrote: »

A lot cheaper than paying at the station but still.... a nice price hike year on year.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

slinky2000 wrote: »
    A lot cheaper than paying at the station but still.... a nice price hike year on year.

But you have the added benefit of being able to swap cars or change Train Station. Previous years you couldn't do this, found this a pain if borrowing a car iif normal car broken down/being fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Wonder when they'll put in proper secure bike parking (not the few lockers in a lonely place which have to be rented by the year, but in-station lockers under eyes of staff, which can be rented by the hour).

soc wrote: »
    But you have the added benefit of being able to swap cars or change Train Station. Previous years you couldn't do this, found this a pain if borrowing a car iif normal car broken down/being fixed.

Yea you're right, I've had my partners car a few times and had to pay :(

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭karlyk1

Just curious about the Annual Taxsaver Ticket thing. I am already a ParkByText customer, but I don’t use the trains or buses – I just park in Connolly and walk to my job. To qualify for this do you have to spend a whack of money on an annual rail/bus ticket in the first place? I thought you could just pay the money for the parking for the year…. (ie a parkbytext punter signs up, pays his 210 lids, and gets the parking). It would seem not. :mad:

karlyk1 wrote: »

Just curious about the Annual Taxsaver Ticket thing. I am already a ParkByText customer, but I don’t use the trains or buses – I just park in Connolly and walk to my job. To qualify for this do you have to spend a whack of money on an annual rail/bus ticket in the first place? I thought you could just pay the money for the parking for the year…. (ie a parkbytext punter signs up, pays his 210 lids, and gets the parking). It would seem not. :mad:

No they confirm your taxsaver ticket number and validate it (Well they seem to.)

Do you know anyone in your job that gets the train but doesn't use the car park? ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement