Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boiler pressure

• 10-10-2013 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks my boiler pressure stays below 1bar when i have the heating on but the house heats up no problems just like it did when the pressure was reading 2bar. Im kinda figuring that it shouldnt be reading that low.

Anyone have any ideas as to what could be the reason for the drop in pressure:confused:

Comments

S28382 wrote: »
    Hi Folks my boiler pressure stays below 1bar when i have the heating on but the house heats up no problems just like it did when the pressure was reading 2bar. Im kinda figuring that it shouldnt be reading that low.

Anyone have any ideas as to what could be the reason for the drop in pressure:confused:

All sealed heating systems lose pressure as they leak microscopically, it is not unusual to have to replenish the system water once or twice a year.

I would keep a note of anytime you have refilled the system from the filling loop(it's the time taken with pressure loss that can indicate a problem), I would refill to 1 1/2 bar and I would take my readings with the system cold and the boiler off to get the true reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Cheers for that Gary ill give that a look at first and hopefully it will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Good plot

My boiler reads 1 bar when not in use but when the heatings on it goes up to 3.5 nearly 4 bar. I do fill it up with the filling loop maybe twice a year as the pressure drops. I don't know much about plumbing but should I call a plumber or use the release valve at the boiler to release some pressure. The house is only a couple of years old never had a problem before just something I noticed on the boiler recently?

Any info
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Your expansion vessel is either deflated or has a split diaphragm.
    You will need to call out an RGI to resolve.

Advertisement