Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What station will be showing NBA this season folks ?

• 10-10-2013 9:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭

Anybody ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

As far as I'm aware Skysports still have the 2 games on a sunday, usually at 5 and 8 pm I think, or around those times anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭decies

Not clashing with their nfl coverage like not till next year then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Any games on tv next week? Nba tv is free for the next few days.

This was on the UK NBA facebook page today
    **UPDATE FOR UK FANS**

1- We are working tirelessly to secure a TV deal for you our fans. We will let you know more as soon as we can.

2- You can watch the first week of games live and on demand for FREE with NBA League Pass at http://on.nba.com/ViiLOa

3 - For the first time in the UK, we are planning on a weekly FREE streamed game. More info to come!

Same as well last year. What a joke. I pretty much only have cable tv for the bball and footie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

League Pass is great value, even if you go with the option to pay monthly, it works out at less than a tenner a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

stuba wrote: »
    League Pass is great value, even if you go with the option to pay monthly, it works out at less than a tenner a month.

It is, but the problem is the blackouts every time they go to ads. I hate the way they leave you staring at a blank screen.

It's great to sit down and watch a live game, but don't let me sit in silence and stare at the walls for entertainment when there is a stoppage.

I get you, what I do is I put on the multiscreen then and just watch another game during breaks. They've filled those breaks with Nba moment clips though which are good for about a month and become very repetive then I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Its 149 for the year? Which is more than a tenner a month or am I missing something?

There was a few discount codes floating around the place around the time of the summer leagues. I paid 150 for the premium and a buddy of mine got the normal package for 120 odd euro back then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

There was a few discount codes floating around the place around the time of the summer leagues. I paid 150 for the premium and a buddy of mine got the normal package for 120 odd euro back then.

Oh right, considering signing up to this but just not sure if I will have the time to be watching the games.

No TV coverage is starting to piss me off now. Thought it would be sorted out by now.

Can you get the league pass on your Xbox or PS3 over here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I hope they get something sorted for Christmas day. It was cool having my friends around in the evenings watching the game. Hopefully we can do it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dohboy

Soby wrote: »
    Xbox

Can you get it to work on the Ps3? It says they've released the Game Time app for the Ps3 but no sign of it in the store. Think it might be US only.

Regret getting League Pass this year. Should have signed up for ballstreams.com as it's half the price, but by the time I found out about it, it was too late.

dohboy wrote: »
    Regret getting League Pass this year. Should have signed up for ballstreams.com as it's half the price, but by the time I found out about it, it was too late.

Anyone have any invites for ballstreams?

Stab*City wrote: »
    Anyone have any invites for ballstreams?

My understanding was that you just asked for one and they offered? Not sure tho as I didn't apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

dohboy wrote: »
    Can you get it to work on the Ps3? It says they've released the Game Time app for the Ps3 but no sign of it in the store. Think it might be US only.

i seen it on the ps4 interface , maybe need to make a us account ?

Soby wrote: »
    i seen it on the ps4 interface , maybe need to make a us account ?

Yeh think I'll have to do sommit like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

v3ttel wrote: »
    It is, but the problem is the blackouts every time they go to ads. I hate the way they leave you staring at a blank screen.

It's great to sit down and watch a live game, but don't let me sit in silence and stare at the walls for entertainment when there is a stoppage.

True enough, but flick over to another game. Much rather watch the team in a huddle for time out, watch how the coach earns his.money, even if the sound is mute, just to see the body language

Getting very very very tired of the BIG ads with Carmelo and the creepy one from Blake Griffin. Biigg Ddunnkss .Really creepy.lol. Poor bastard must be dying to get off that stools. Still the Christmas ad is Brilliant. Can't get tired of that one! Don't get me started on the ad for Inside Stuff.what a silly name for a show.

You.can always look at the detailed box.scores.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

No TV coverage is starting to piss me off now. Thought it would be sorted out by now.

Can you get the league pass on your Xbox or PS3 over here?

Only on X box. Hopefully PS4 do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

All I gotta say is about time!!!

http://sport.bt.com/watchnow/programmes/bt-sport-agrees-multiyear-nba-broadcast-deal-S11363853884297
    BT Sport and the NBA have reached an agreement for exclusively live television coverage of top NBA games and programming in the UK and Ireland.

The multi-year agreement between BT Sport and the world’s premier men's professional basketball league tips off on Sunday December 1, as the Eastern Conference-leading Indiana Pacers, featuring Paul George and Roy Hibbert, take on West Coast rivals the LA Clippers, featuring Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, at 8.30pm UK time on BT Sport 2.

Coverage will include weekly games on Sundays in primetime.

Fans will also be able to access selected games streamed live and for free on the BT Sport website and BT Sport App (available on iOS and Google Play) along with either nba.com and NBA LEAGUE PASS International. Full schedule details of games will be confirmed in due course.

The new agreement will see up to 200 games throughout the season, appearing across BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN. There will be up to seven live games per week throughout the regular season and the first and second rounds of the NBA Playoffs, as well as every game of the Conference Finals, culminating in the NBA Finals in June.

As part of the partnership, fans will be able to watch GB’s Luol Deng and the Chicago Bulls take on the Brooklyn Nets as one of five scheduled games on BT Sport on Christmas Day, making BT Sport one of the few places to go for live televised sport on Christmas Day.

The Nets will face off against the Atlanta Hawks at The O2 in London on January 16, as part of NBA Global Games 2014. The game - which sold out in record time - will be live on BT Sport.

Simon Green, head of BT Sport, said: "BT Sport will be the new home of the NBA in the UK and Ireland.

"The NBA is simply the best basketball in the world. It is fast moving, high scoring and includes some the world’s most recognisable global sporting icons.

"Existing NBA fans will love our coverage, and we look forward to converting many more."

One of the highlights of BT Sport’s coverage will be NBA All-Star which takes place every year in February at the midway point of the NBA season.

A global celebration of basketball, NBA All-Star consists of a variety of basketball events and competitions, including the NBA Slam Dunk Contest and Three-Point Contest, culminating in the NBA All-Star Game.

The All-Star Game pits the league's star players from the Eastern Conference against their counterparts from the Western Conference, with the starting line-up for each team selected by fans from around the globe.

Also included in the partnership will be several magazine shows:

NBA Action combines weekly highlights and news
    NBA Inside Stuff will provide fans with a unique insight into the lives of NBA stars both on and off the court
    NBA Tonight provides an overview of the NBA through interviews and analysis
    NBA Countdown, the live game build up show before selected games

What's the story with BT on sky lads? Anyone know what price it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

What's the story with BT on sky lads? Anyone know what price it is?

It's part of the Setanta pack. You get Setanta Ireland, Setanta 1, BT Sports 1 &2 and ESPN for €20

WoooHooo!! Whats the deal with the apps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

The setanta package which includes setanta sports/bt sports 1 and 2/and ESPN is 1 euro for this month. Just signed up, BT is showing Heat v Pistons tonight! ESPN showing Duke v Michigan after, a great deal. Link http://www.boards.ie/out?f=346&url=aHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZzZWN1cmUuc2V0YW50YXN1YnMuY29tJTJG&h=664e8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Was thinking of picking up NBA League Pass. I rarely get to watch sports live at night and with NFL Game Pass I usually watch the Sunday games on Monday. Are the NBA games archived ? Do the archived games have the TV commercials cut out ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

brianon wrote: »
    Was thinking of picking up NBA League Pass. I rarely get to watch sports live at night and with NFL Game Pass I usually watch the Sunday games on Monday. Are the NBA games archived ? Do the archived games have the TV commercials cut out ?

Yeah they are archived and similar to the nfl gamepass the ads are cut out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭decies

The celtics are on TV Sunday at 5 pm just wondering is that blocked on nba game time then ? Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement