Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schools & adult services for asd kids in Wexford

Options
  • 10-10-2013 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi
    Just looking for some advice I have two daughters with autism 3&5 yrs but we been thinking about there future and wondering what the primary and post primary schools and adult services were like in Wexford and what areas best to live in to be near the services.we live up north at moment but would move now if I thought there was alot better choice and opportunity of independent living when there adults for when were no longer around it gave us peace of mind knowing they be care for as I know there is not much up here for when there adults just wondering if anyone could advise me
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Dollyelf wrote: »
    Hi
    Just looking for some advice I have two daughters with autism 3&5 yrs but we been thinking about there future and wondering what the primary and post primary schools and adult services were like in Wexford and what areas best to live in to be near the services.we live up north at moment but would move now if I thought there was alot better choice and opportunity of independent living when there adults for when were no longer around it gave us peace of mind knowing they be care for as I know there is not much up here for when there adults just wondering if anyone could advise me
    Thanks

Do you mean Wexford town or County in general ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dollyelf

Wexford county

Any advice anyone :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nettle

Hi
    Thanks

Both enniscorthy and wexford town have primary schools with autistic unit attached but think there is a waiting list for them I know there is a definite waiting list for the one win wexford town. Not too sure about secondary schools, my niece has autisim but she is only 5 so she just started school this year so I can't say about secondary schools

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

http://cottageautismnetwork.blogspot.ie/

Speak to the above people?
    Any advice anyone :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

In Enniscorthy both St Aidans primary school and St Senans primary school have Autism units. Enniscorthy Vocational college also has a Autism unit/Class

Tks for the information will ring and talk to them all

Advertisement