Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Prices in Dublin South

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Is it me, or do the house prices in that estate over the past number of years actually average out at price stability/stagnation or modest increase at best? They fluctuate so massively (albeit due to economic factors and reasons specific to each house) that surely they average out to something reasonably unremarkable?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,961 ✭✭✭✭josip

I think the WWTP (aka The Sewage Treatment Plant) going online co-incided with the bottom of the Dublin housing market which exagerated the bottom a bit. By my reckoning and allowing for variations between houses, Bayview fell 60-65% from peak. Did many other areas in Dublin experience 60%+ drops?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Nicknamed

What do you think of this price?
    http://www.daft.ie/1950940

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Nicknamed wrote: »
    What do you think of this price?
    http://www.daft.ie/1950940

Size wise looks good, but it's only a three bed with a small garden that costs in excess of half a million euro. I'd expect at least a 4 bed. It's also not in killiney. Don't know why they say it is in the ad description

ted1 wrote: »
    Size wise looks good, but it's only a three bed with a small garden that costs in excess of half a million euro. I'd expect at least a 4 bed. It's also not in killiney. Don't know why they say it is in the ad description

What area is it if not Killiney?
    Can this or sumilar an attempt to mislead a buyer from price register website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Dredd_J

What area is it if not Killiney?
    Can this or sumilar an attempt to mislead a buyer from price register website?

Its actually Ballybrack. But if you live their you pick either Cabinteely or Killiney for your address - never Ballybrack :)

Dredd_J wrote: »
    Its actually Ballybrack. But if you live their you pick either Cabinteely or Killiney for your address - never Ballybrack :)

Why not ballybrack?

Btw what should be more reasonable price of this house?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Dredd_J

Why not ballybrack?

Reasonable price is whatever the highest bidder is willing to pay for it. No more, no less, despite what many like to think.

Ballybrack has a bit of a bad name. Especially when you put the name beside Killiney or Cabinteely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Dredd_J wrote: »
    Reasonable price is whatever the highest bidder is willing to pay for it. No more, no less, despite what many like to think.

Ballybrack has a bit of a bad name. Especially when you put the name beside Killiney or Cabinteely.

It doesn't matter what name you put on it. If it's in Ballybrack you will know soon enough you are in Ballybrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Tis the break alright but that end of it (just off the top of Churchview Road, where Seapoint RFC and Cabinteely United play) doesn't seem too bad at all.

Seems like a nice quiet road to be fair. Perhaps 100k over valued. 510k in actual Killiney you could justify

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

ted1 wrote: »

ehh size wise it is not great for that type of money and there is absolutely no likely expansion like with older houses.
    This looks like a house built in someone's garden.

Look closely at some of the pics.
    I think most of the photos look unnatural meaning they are taken or doctored to give impression of space when it isn't there.

For istance look at the dining table.
    There are six chairs, but none of them can be pushed in because the table is really only a 4 person table.

Look at the playroom, it doesn't look bad with children's furniture, but stuff in a bed and hey presto room filled.
    Likewise with room with cot.
    Shove in a bed and it is a pretty small room.
    Why not ballybrack?

Big difference between Ballbybrack and Killiney.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

jmayo wrote: »
    ehh size wise it is not great for that type of money and there is absolutely no likely expansion like with older houses.
    This looks like a house built in someone's garden.

Look closely at some of the pics.
    I think most of the photos look unnatural meaning they are taken or doctored to give impression of space when it isn't there.

For istance look at the dining table.
    There are six chairs, but none of them can be pushed in because the table is really only a 4 person table.

Look at the playroom, it doesn't look bad with children's furniture, but stuff in a bed and hey presto room filled.
    Likewise with room with cot.
    Shove in a bed and it is a pretty small room.

Big difference between Ballbybrack and Killiney.

140 sqm in Dublin would be considered good

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Jellybean73

Actually it was October 2013.
    So what are your views on the South Dublin property market in this first quarter 2015? Any differences between what I initially posted in Oct 2013?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

I think things have stalled a little in South Dublin, a house a couple of doors down sold for just under 500k at Christmas, which is 50k more than what we paid for ours in 2009(ours needed a huge amount of work), so the prices I'd say are at around 2009 prices, another has gone up for sale across the road in the last few weeks in a much better condition, its on sale for 595, it will be interesting to see how much it goes for.

Also, re-reading the previous comments above, Granville Road is most definitely not in Ballybrack!

Advertisement