Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Expo 2013 (Dublin)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

You can still get them for €5 with the pigsback offer I posted on the first page ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

tk123 wrote: »
    You can still get them for €5 with the pigsback offer I posted on the first page ;)

Thanks TK - always helping me out :D

I've never used it before but I've signed up now so I'm ready to go - just waiting on the other half to figure his schedule out today before we buy tickets. Getting as excited as him and the dog now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I just got a phone call this morning from the people at pet expo confirming that I was going to be there and asking what I need. It's getting very exciting now :D Though having 3 cats in a hotel room for 2 nights shall be... interesting :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I was thinking on the posters that I'm going to do up of putting ''Peach, Cream and Dude : as seen on boards.ie'' :P

Yaay! I'll come and make a fuss of them. The neighbours cat has trained me well in the ways of subservience.

I might have a spare ticket - will post on here if I do. Waiting for my friend to decide what she's doing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I really want to go to this but have plans that weekend. Sucks :mad:

I've made special signs to try and discourage kids from sticking their hands in the cats cages, my heart was in my mouth any time a kid came around at the last cat show! What do ye think? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I've made special signs to try and discourage kids from sticking their hands in the cats cages, my heart was in my mouth any time a kid came around at the last cat show! What do ye think? :P

I think the signs are a good idea. My dogs love the attention. They stand on the grooming table like meercats peering at everyone walking by! By Sunday night they are very tired.
    The main issue you might find is people with dogs. Lots of people let dogs jump all over mine without asking if it was ok.

I'm sure Dude will love all the attention, but Peach and Cream can be a bit shy so they might not want fuss all the time :P I think that the last time that is was in the RDS dogs weren't allowed upstairs to the cat part, but I'm sure there will still be people who try!! I'm looking forward to meeting your dogs Knine, are you bringing many?:)

I'm sure Dude will love all the attention, but Peach and Cream can be a bit shy so they might not want fuss all the time :P I think that the last time that is was in the RDS dogs weren't allowed upstairs to the cat part, but I'm sure there will still be people who try!! I'm looking forward to meeting your dogs Knine, are you bringing many?:)

Oh yeah I forgot the cats were upstairs in the RDS. You should be fine so.

I'm bringing 2 adult bitches in different colours & 1 almost 6 mth old puppy dog. I have not decided yet if I am bringing the Spin with me.

I will definitely be up to say hello to the cats!

• Advertisement

Ooh puppy yay! :D I don't think I've ever met a Spinone before, I always think they are so cute in pictures though :D

Ooh puppy yay! :D I don't think I've ever met a Spinone before, I always think they are so cute in pictures though :D

There will be some there! I have asked for them to be next to Borders. Must remind them!

Just saw this on the pet expo facebook page, does look like any kids talent shows this year :P
    Pet Expo 2013 Saturday 16th November & Sunday 17th November
    Saturday & Sunday Dog Agility Ring in association with Dog Training Ireland
    11.00am Therapy Dogs on parade
    12.00pm Training Class - How to stop your dog pulling on lead
    Bring along your dog and join in
    1.00pm Training Class - How to get your dog to leave something
    2.30pm Canine Games
    3:00pm Training Class - Teaching your dog to Sit and Stay
    4:00pm Canine Games
    4:30pm Training Class - How to stop your dog pulling on lead
    5:00pm Therapy Dogs
    Pet Expo 2013 Entertainment Stage
    Saturday & Sunday
    11.30 am Meet the Reptiles
    12.00pm Puppet Magic Show
    1.00pm Fun Dog Show organised by Dog's Aid
    2.00pm Puppet Magic Show
    2.30pm Meet the Reptiles
    3:00pm Fun Dog Show organised by of Dog's Aid
    4:00pm Puppet Magic Show

Puppet magic show lol! :D

I have a spare ticket if anyone wants it - my friend can't make it..

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Is it a bit weird that I want to go to this mostly to meet you guys and your pets :P

(or as is more likely to happen, stalk you and lose the courage to say hello!)

I walked my two with a coupler this morning for practice for sat - very funny lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Having never been I want to check: are all the dogs who go usually a picture of good manners? My little fella is great but as a new environment he might be a bit excited.

Also, while happy to muzzle him on entry or in certain areas, are there resting or "refreshment" areas where I can take it off to give him a break? (He doesn't need a muzzle btw or I wouldn't bring him)

Most dogs I've seen there are well behaved, I'm sure there is always an exception but most that I would have come across would be fairly chilled! And I never saw a RB muzzled while I was there, but there is an outdoor area afaik to bring them to toilet/to get away from the crowd.

Well I'm bringing a pup so she'll be exited too lol so I wouldn't worry about it! Most dogs at it are fine but some of theim/their owners don't like other dogs. Bring the muzzle but I'd stroll in with him unmuzzled - they don't check vaccinations so don't think they'd care? They have outside areas at the RDS to take a break btw.

Ps If you need a ticket I have a spare one for Sat! ;)

Whispered wrote: »
    Also, while happy to muzzle him on entry or in certain areas, are there resting or "refreshment" areas where I can take it off to give him a break? (He doesn't need a muzzle btw or I wouldn't bring him)

When I brought Lexi I put a halti on her and took it off as soon as we got inside. Wasn't challenged on it so I would bring the muzzle but not put it on him unless requested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Hi all,

Do I need to register for the dog, or just walk in with the dog. Can't find information on the site.

Thanks.

Canonfan wrote: »
    Hi all,

Do I need to register for the dog, or just walk in with the dog. Can't find information on the site.

Thanks.

Just bring the dog, enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Both pigsback and Goupon are sold out.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Looking forward to this now!

Are we doing any kind of meet thing? Like, maybe we could do a 'put up a pic' thing here so that if we see another boardsie we can say hello? I'd like to be able to do that, even if my GF will think I'm a weirdo!!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

Will be there on Saturday. I see that Basenjis will be there this year. I've never met one so that should be fun! I'm hoping the entertainment schedule is what has been published without the awful "talent shows". Maybe the organisers have taken previous complaints on board. I hope to pick up some stuff this year, could do with a new bed for the big boy (who won't be in attendance, it would be way to much for him).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

Are we doing any kind of meet thing? Like, maybe we could do a 'put up a pic' thing here so that if we see another boardsie we can say hello? I'd like to be able to do that, even if my GF will think I'm a weirdo!!! :D:D

I'm 99.9% sure that I'm going on Saturday and bringing this mad bitch with me! :D
    I'll show you mine if you show me yours! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm 99.9% sure that I'm going on Saturday and bringing this mad bitch with me! :D
    I'll show you mine if you show me yours! :P

We'll see now I can't bring Esme with me, we're only starting to get to the point where we can walk by the cage without her flipping out, I think an animal show may just be too much!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I THINK I saw you on Saturday night in the Sugar Club, but I was too shy/drunk to say hi! If it was you I promise I'll introduce myself next time!!

Let all just print a boards logo and safety pin it to our lapels. I'll definitely do it so say hi if anyone sees me!

I won't be able to leave the cats very much during the day, but if there are times when I go off to explore I know I'll spend the entire time looking for pets I recognise :D
    Oh and my mom is going with me to help man the cat stand, so if you see a middle aged woman alone with my 3 cats, I wouldn't advise calling her a silly mango. I don't think she would be impressed :pac:

• Advertisement

I won't be able to leave the cats very much during the day, but if there are times when I go off to explore I know I'll spend the entire time looking for pets I recognise :D
    Oh and my mom is going with me to help man the cat stand, so if you see a middle aged woman alone with my 3 cats, I wouldn't advise calling her a silly mango. I don't think she would be impressed :pac:

I will be at our stand too although I might get to walk around for a bit pretending to bring a dog on a toilet break

Advertisement