Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Expo 2013 (Dublin)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Thanks guys. I will bring it along and put it on going through the door. Won't do him any harm :)

If we're looking out for boardsies: I met a boardsie once, had a full conversation, met her dog, and only after I got home and got a pm from her did it click how I knew her. Worse in the world at recognising people! I'll have Phoe with me I think, and if you don't know him you're not spending enough time in the pics thread :p

Thanks tk123 but I think I'm getting a ticket through work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I THINK I saw you on Saturday night in the Sugar Club, but I was too shy/drunk to say hi! If it was you I promise I'll introduce myself next time!!

Let all just print a boards logo and safety pin it to our lapels. I'll definitely do it so say hi if anyone sees me!

Yep, I was there! I go to most of the burlesque nights, totally say hey next time! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

What days are most people thinking of going up? :)

What days are most people thinking of going up? :)

Not 100% but probably Saturday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I'm a probably Saturday too, hopefully early enough in the day depending on my friends.
    Yep, I was there! I go to most of the burlesque nights, totally say hey next time!

Cool, now I know I'll recognise you :D I was sitting about 2 or 3 rows directly behind you, on the edge- myself, my friend, and our mammies. Might see you this Saturday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Hoping to head along Sunday with my wee pup Nelson. Are any other sites doing ticket deals? It's looking a bit expensive to bring the whole family.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

tk123 wrote: »
    They'll have parking at the main building and overflow parking around the corner too - think it was €5 last time. I plan on bringing some puppy pads - very handy for absorbing puddles fast! :D

Is the parking adequate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Roaster wrote: »
    Is the parking adequate?

It was when I was there - they had parking at the RDS and around the corner in Simmonscourt.

Road trip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Road trip!

I don't know where I'm gonna fit everything! I'm not setting up until tomorrow. Thankfully there are 3 of us on the stand so once I get there I will have help.

• Advertisement

We barely have enough room for ourselves in the car, we have a tiny suit case with our stuff and a massive bag with all the cats stuff! I think we can set up until 8 tonight, I think it would be handy to get it out of the way so all we have to do tomorrow is deposit the cats!

We barely have enough room for ourselves in the car, we have a tiny suit case with our stuff and a massive bag with all the cats stuff! I think we can set up until 8 tonight, I think it would be handy to get it out of the way so all we have to do tomorrow is deposit the cats!

I just hate Friday traffic but should be none about tomorrow at 7am. My dogs are all excited. They think they are going to a show.

Knine wrote: »
    I just hate Friday traffic but should be none about tomorrow at 7am. My dogs are all excited. They think they are going to a show.

Funny how different animals react, my cats also thought they are going to a show but were none too excited about it. Had quite a job trying to catch Cream once he saw the carriers come out! Are you staying in a hotel up there or travelling back home after?

Funny how different animals react, my cats also thought they are going to a show but were none too excited about it. Had quite a job trying to catch Cream once he saw the carriers come out! Are you staying in a hotel up there or travelling back home after?

I only live 30 mins away so will go back home. I just brought a tin of miniature Hero's for the little 2 legged visitors that will be stopping at the stand.

Knine wrote: »
    I only live 30 mins away so will go back home. I just brought a tin of miniature Hero's for the little 2 legged visitors that will be stopping at the stand.

Save me a fudge :pac: ;)

Actually lol - that reminds me - I know somebody who had a jar of sweets on his table last time it was at the RDS - he caught a lady trying to pour them all into a bag lol! D

Just been in to set up, there seems to be a good bit more stalls than last year! We are the only cat there though apparently, so were downstairs. Hope my guys don't get too stressed from the dogs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I don't think I'm going to bring Moone up, she only gets along with calm dogs so hyper puppies/dogs are a major no! Getting really excited about tomorrow now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Just been in to set up, there seems to be a good bit more stalls than last year! We are the only cat there though apparently, so were downstairs. Hope my guys don't get too stressed from the dogs!

Aww no! What happened all the other cats? Just try maintain a strict boundary around your stand, if you can. Fingers crossed it's not too upsetting for the lil guys!

Aww no! What happened all the other cats? Just try maintain a strict boundary around your stand, if you can. Fingers crossed it's not too upsetting for the lil guys!

I think a lot of cat people were put off it last year because there was so many rude dog owners, encouraging their dogs to put their paws up on the tables and that! We should be fine though, we are In a corner so, and if things get too much we can always just put a blanket over the cages :)

I think a lot of cat people were put off it last year because there was so many rude dog owners, encouraging their dogs to put their paws up on the tables and that! We should be fine though, we are In a corner so, and if things get too much we can always just put a blanket over the cages :)

The rude dog owners also do the same with the dogs at the breed village. Maybe print up a sign saying please keep dogs away. Sometimes you just have to spell it out. My car is packed now. Hoping to be there early.

• Advertisement

Ok, so I can just look for the only cats then? :D:D:D:D I'm planning on getting there just after lunch.

Decided to leave Phoe at home, the stress for him I think would be more than it's worth, esp if muzzle rules are enforced. Plus I was just too wrecked to give him a bath yesterday :) can't have a smelly Phoe meeting people!

On the way with my husband instead. Nice day out for us :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Hope everybody enjoys the expo and get to meet up.

Have fun.

Heading home. Glad I didn't bring the little fella because he wouldn't have liked it. Got some vet bed and spoke to a few food suppliers, saw dude, peach and cream but was too shy to go say hi. :) we got a toothy ball too!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Hope everyone has a great time! Would have been so cool to meet Peach, Cream and Dude! :)

We're home! Didn't get any vet bed - the didn't have the colour I wanted lol! A family had a puppy that really looked like Lucy so we asked and sure enough it was her sister! :D Lucy and Bailey were relaxed and happy so a good outing for socialization.

Ah ya should have come said hi! My mam was having great fun laughing over people walking up to me and secretly whispering are you silly mango :P there's not a lot of people left here now so we are bored! The cats don't seem too phased by it all, they've spend most of the day sleeping. Only time they got worried was when people were bringing there dogs up for a look :mad: but it was so nice to meet all the boardsies, yer a lovely bunch! And I particularly enjoyed fussing over Knines dogs and meeting bailey and Lucy as well :) hopefully the day goes well again tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Had a great day! I picked up loads of goodies and toys for Moone and my other halves Siberian husky Remi. There wasn't much for the cats or chinchilla though. Peach, dude and cream are only adorable! And I met knines little border terriers, they were so sweet! I was too shy to introduce myself haha I fell in love with that little black labrador puppy wearing the adopt me hoody that clondalkin animal aid had with them, he was the sweetest little thing! I've always wanted a papillon and the guy with the phalenes gave me tons of advice. All in all my mam and I had a great day :)

Was I talking to any of ye that were too shy to introduce yerselves??:P I think my mam spent more time with the cats than I did, I spent so much time adoring the Great Danes in the breed villiage! I had to set up a Facebook page for the cats because so many people were asking about us today so I now have DuCreach cats as my 'cattery' name :P

• Advertisement

It ws good today, i was disappointing with the lack of cats to be honest. WHo is Peach Dude and cream ?

Advertisement